There are 228 users in the forums

For all of you who think all we need is a QB

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by wailers15:
We Need a lot of things:
(priority ranked in order IMO)

1: QB

2: CB - Man Spencer is pathetic. Clements, way overpaid should be a FS, Goldson lol is crap he's more of a SS than a FS

3: RG- Chilo is crap

1)TBD

2)TBD

3) Agreed.

I say TBD because with SH!T play calling on both sides of the ball and crappy DTs', it's hard to say one way or the other.

2 years ago we ranked top 5 Defensively. This season we get no push up the Middle and the rest of the Defense is hung out to dry.

QB should be self explanitory but all the armchair QBs' in the Zone seem to think our QBs' all suck. So in the last 8 years we haven't had more than one good QB? Man Shaun Hill is a god around these parts.

~Ceadder

that's what a winning record will get you... which yeah no other QB has had... in like 8 years dude

Santa Clara, begin construction of the Shaun Hill statue
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
We Need a lot of things:

2: CB - Man Spencer is pathetic. Clements, way overpaid should be a FS, Goldson lol is crap he's more of a SS than a FS

1)TBD

2)TBD

3) Agreed.

I say TBD because with SH!T play calling on both sides of the ball and crappy DTs', it's hard to say one way or the other.

2 years ago we ranked top 5 Defensively. This season we get no push up the Middle and the rest of the Defense is hung out to dry.

QB should be self explanitory but all the armchair QBs' in the Zone seem to think our QBs' all suck. So in the last 8 years we haven't had more than one good QB? Man Shaun Hill is a god around these parts.

~Ceadder

I agree no push upfront from the D-line except for Smith.
We Need a lot of things:

Those as well as a coach, safety, and an NT. One thing this season has taught me is thank God we didn't cave and sign Goldson and Franklin long term.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by susweel:
We need a good coach and a new qb.

Hard to tell if we have the later without the former.

Really after 5 years of alex smith you just said that... We have neither. Simply put we were the worst team when we drafted alex. So many cap issues. No talent outside of a miracle pick in frank gore but if gore doesn't blow both knees in college we never have him he would have been a top 10 pick that year had it not happened.

We've improved with davis and Gore and now crabtree, but were still behind most of the teams in the league because we don't have either, are oline has been a mess since we drafted alex with picks such as Kwami harris in the first. Mike Rump a dumb at cb, Woods in the first rather then drafting The DT THE PATS TOOK TWICE WE PASSED, I'll never let this one go. like my dallas friend who walked out of my house on draft day when they passed on stephen jackson for julius jones haha, Taking Rachael over D jackson BRILLIANT. Taking Balmer WHO???. Signing glassman jennings. O this list keeps going....
Who's mallet..... You wouldn't be talking bout Mallett.. Isn't he the guy that gutted the # 5 LSU tigers? And taking the Arkansas Razorbacks to their first BCS bowl?
Ryan Mallett  #15  QB
2010 STATS
RATING YARDS TOUCHDOWNS
170.53 3,592 30
CAREER STATS
YARDS TOUCHDOWNS
8,111 67
Birth Date June 5, 1988
Hometown TEXARKANA, AR
Height 6-6
Weight 238 lbs.
Age 22
Class Junior
We Need a lot of things:

Naw, I think it should be

1: CB

2: QB

3: Pass Rushing DE

4: RG

:D
We have tons of holes. QB is one area we should fix. O Line sucks. RB is ultra thin now. Secondary is terrible. D Line could use more players. WR's are hugely overrated on the WZ. We have 1 and only 1 decent guy. Zero stars at WR.
Originally posted by Sjceruti:
If we get Locker, Kitna would be a good guy to start and who Jake could learn under but I'm still for drafting a QB for the future. Having said that I think if Singletary was still coach any QB wouldnt matter.

With a new coach Kitna and a rookie QB i'd like the direction.

Locker is not NFL ready at this point. I used to think he was, but he is not. He will need lots of work and good coaching. He is still an outstanding athlete, just not a elite QB right now.

He got outplayed by Jeff Tuel, the soph QB for Washington State.

I am not sure Kitna would fare much better than Alex or Troy.
Share 49ersWebzone