LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 259 users in the forums

Two what ifs answered today.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
2010- Niners told Brian Bulaga they would pick him if he was available at 11, the niners traded a 4th rounder to move up to spots to pick Anthony Davis. I watched Bulaga the whole game, and he is a much better pass protector than Davis, at this point he is not as dominant of a run blocker, but he has not had as many false starts as Davis. Green Bay plus 1 in first round.

2005 Couldve wouldve should of, The niners could have had Rodgers over Smith.

Sigh,.
We also got a look at what it would be like if the Oline played decent against a good team. We suck still.
I thought Davis had a good game, but would have no idea how he compared with Bulaga.
Originally posted by Ajanke:
We also got a look at what it would be like if the Oline played decent against a good team. We suck still.

Yeah this and the Saints game they actually played well. Vs. Arizona they played well too. Too bad the QB blew so badly the last two gams.
Somewhat obtuse argument (all due respect), the 49ers have no pass-rushers so any opposing guard/tackle would have looked like a pro-bowler today.

Bulaga has been just as non-constant as Davis this year. In fact Bulaga is starting in place of an injured veteran (and was thrown all over the line at the beginning of the year as a reserve cause of his tiny arms).

Oh, and if you watched closely Anthony Davis was dominating Mathews the entire game off the right side. -A.Davis also mauled the crap out of Darnell Dockett last week (before Darnell went out with a shoulder injury towards the end of the second quarter).
Originally posted by 9erred:
2010- Niners told Brian Bulaga they would pick him if he was available at 11, the niners traded a 4th rounder to move up to spots to pick Anthony Davis. I watched Bulaga the whole game, and he is a much better pass protector than Davis, at this point he is not as dominant of a run blocker, but he has not had as many false starts as Davis. Green Bay plus 1 in first round.

2005 Couldve wouldve should of, The niners could have had Rodgers over Smith.

Sigh,.

That was answered a loooong time ago...
Actually from what I understand Bulaga has been kind of a disappointment so far much like Davis. However I thought Davis handled Clay Matthews ok today.

We still suck though.
I'm sorry i think davis will pan out.

but not until he gets a head coach that will put him where he belongs and thats lt. He played it all his life, and then are great leader and thinker in sing goes lets put him at rt were he's got to learn all over again to use his feet and learn how to block a guy different then what he's been doing all his life. And why were at it will put him next to the worst pass blocker on the team so he has to do 2 jobs and he struggles. Not a surprise at all. Brian is playing were he played all his life and that's lt his learning curve is so much less, besides i wasn't impressed by him considering that we have no one that can get to a qb anyways. Brian has also had more sacks in less games started then davis. Say what you want about davis but he's not kwamie harris but he's got a idiot for a head coach.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Bulaga gets help in that Rodgers gets rid of the ball in no time. Its amazing how good QB play can help an o-line
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Bulaga gets help in that Rodgers gets rid of the ball in no time. Its amazing how good QB play can help an o-line

Thank you.

• okdkid
  • Veteran
Bulaga? What? No thanks.

He is a disappointment, through and through.

Davis has shown more this year than Bulaga. Don't let your pessimism blind you. Davis is a better player right now and has more upside.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

Thank you.

Bump
  • RKab
  • Veteran
Bulaga is only a starter because of the injury to Tauscher as far as I know. I haven't heard a lot of praise for his play and he didn't stand out to me today. In fact I thought we got a decent amount of pressure on Rodgers consistently, the secondary just couldn't hold up their end of the bargain (oh and Rodgers is a pretty damn accurate QB who made a ton of great passes.)

Even someone as simplistic and thick as Singletary had to come out of that game understanding that this is a QB-driven league and GB won the game because their QB came up with the big plays when they needed them.
Rodgers probably would have been a bust under Nolan/Sing too.
  • Jiks
What if Mike McCarthy was our head coach?
Share 49ersWebzone