LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 246 users in the forums

Anthony Davis vs. Clay Matthews

Shop Find 49ers gear online
This game is no easy task. The most difficult task in my opinion is not letting Clay Matthews get to Troy Smith. Anthony Davis will really need to show up in this game.

I know we won't but we SHOULD have Nate in to block on Davis' side for the entire game.

Because of our stubbornness to leave the rookie alone on an island, I'm going to set the over/under on sacks allowed by Davis at 3. With that being said, i also expect NO LESS than 5 total penalties. 3 holding and 2 false starts.

Shockingly i actually think if Davis can stick to these numbers it will be a productive day for him. Good luck kiddo, you're gonna need it.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
watch him have his first flawless game lol
you thought Chris Long had a MONSTER game.....wait till you see Clay Mathews
  • fly15
  • Veteran
anyone think theres a chance we can use clay mathews aggresiveness against him.....screens or hitting vernon davis on the seam quick....
Maybe Matthews how word of a random drug test and missed his roid cycle this week. There's always hope...

I heard he's gained 100 pounds of muscle mass since he was a junior in high school.

[ Edited by nickbradley on Dec 1, 2010 at 21:45:15 ]
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Maybe Matthews how word of a random drug test and missed his roid cycle this week. There's always hope...

I heard he's gained 100 pounds of muscle mass since he was a junior in high school.

hahahaa.......
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Over/Under: 2 Sacks for Matthews.

I'll be optimistic I'll take the under.

[ Edited by obx49 on Dec 1, 2010 at 22:07:08 ]

Originally posted by obx49:

I will take the wayyyy over.
Originally posted by JerseyNiner:
anyone think theres a chance we can use clay mathews aggresiveness against him.....screens or hitting vernon davis on the seam quick....

That's a fabulous idea. It could work really well if used properly. That said, do we really trust the staff to call the game properly and effectively? I think they can call a good game. Will they? WhoTF knows.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

That's a fabulous idea. It could work really well if used properly. That said, do we really trust the staff to call the game properly and effectively? I think they can call a good game. Will they? WhoTF knows.

that all depends on if Singletary gets his hands out of the offense. He hasn't done it yet so don't count on it. Look for more runs up the middle
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Yep a lot of screens to the screen king. BW will bring a different look to the GB D. It will be up to MJ to make them really have to defend the screen.
Originally posted by obx49:

Share 49ersWebzone