There are 129 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Give Takeo a two year contract!

Give Takeo a two year contract!

  • Chico
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,186
Give this man at least a two year deal! He still can play, he seems like a team leader and great in the locker room! He can groom Navarro and the other young LB's...

What do you guys think?
I wouldn't mind i would just make sure the 2nd year has a lot of incentives. I know he's up their in age. In the NFL you get old real fast.

One thing that is gonna be a factor homie is that fact that the last 2 years this team has been drafting his replacement. they might get the urge to let Spikes go and try Bowman and Mckillop. I wouldn't but you never know with this bunch.
Absolutely. Takeo still has it in him to be an effective player for another two years. He's still VERY good.

Plus, anything to keep Bowman off the field.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,104
We have to. If we don't, I'm be mad, mad, mad.

Plus....

GET THIS MAN TO THE DAMN POSTSEASON ALREADY!
PAY DA MAN!
i'm for this, he still makes plays
Takeo could possibly be our Aubrey Huff this year?
I remember him meeting Blount mid air just before the goal line.
Yes! Bowman isn't ready and Spikes has the veteran leadership this team needs.
No. He's 34 years old and plays one of the more physically demanding positions in the game. It's only a matter of (not much) time until he breaks. Until that inevitably happens, I'd rather sign him to one year bids for more money per year than he would get in a multi-year deal.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Takeo could possibly be our Aubrey Huff this year?

Spikes has been with the team for three years now.

He'll be 34 this month. I highly doubt he comes back for more than one year.
Originally posted by SolRebe1:
I remember him meeting Blount mid air just before the goal line.

That Reminded me of Gary Plummer Air-born Goal line Stand against the Bills to get the #1 Rushing Defense
Originally posted by redrathman:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Takeo could possibly be our Aubrey Huff this year?

Spikes has been with the team for three years now.

He'll be 34 this month. I highly doubt he comes back for more than one year.

This is the year!!
  • Chico
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,186
He deserves a 2 year deal...unless, he doesn't want to be here anymore. But, the dude has been a trooper and i love his play making abilities, enthusiasm and leadership!
Originally posted by EscuelaVieja:
No. He's 34 years old and plays one of the more physically demanding positions in the game. It's only a matter of (not much) time until he breaks. Until that inevitably happens, I'd rather sign him to one year bids for more money per year than he would get in a multi-year deal.

Exactly.