LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 261 users in the forums

How will the carries split? (Westbrook/Dixon)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Im guessing Westbrook gets 80% Dixon gets 20%.

Westbrook will be primary back, with Dixon being a relief/change of pace back.

Dixon will be a short yardage and goalline back, but expect Westbrook to get most of the carries.
needs to be 70/30 or 60/40.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Im not impressed with Dixon's running style. He needs to hit the whole harder, he dances a little too much. Sometimes he reminds me of Barlow.
Originally posted by susweel:
Im not impressed with Dixon's running style. He needs to hit the whole harder, he dances a little too much. Sometimes he reminds me of Barlow.

dances way too much
Originally posted by zeppfan1:

He appears to always be looking to bounce it out. He also stands too high when making his move to the hole.

You know how I know you're gay...

J/K
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
needs to be 70/30 or 60/40.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by D_Niner:

You know how I know you're gay...

J/K

I want 80/20; but, am expecting to see 99.995/0.005.

dances way too much

I noticed this he got stuffed at the goalline the play before his TD run. He stopped his feet entirely and got clobbered. As a bigger RB, he should always have his feet moving forward toward the line of scrimmage his momentum should carry him into the endzone.

I think it should be a 50/50 split but ride the hot hand on a game by game basis depending on which RB is feeling it that day.
80/90 westbrook
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
80/90 westbrook

60 percent of the time it works every time

[ Edited by valrod33 on Nov 30, 2010 at 15:32:00 ]
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
80/90 westbrook

60 percent of the time it works every time

Mark Purdy said on Chronicle Live that he doesn't see Westbrook getting more than 15 carries a game. He will always be in on 3rd and long for blitz pick up, and obviously Dixon nails down all short yardage/goal line carries.
Share 49ersWebzone