LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 242 users in the forums

No changes to the o-line?? Really??

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We all witnessed Sunday the disgrace that is the 49ers offensive line. They gave up 6 sacks to a team that had 8 all season. You would think that Sing would be competent enough to makes some changes to the O-line. Instead he does not even think about it and starts praising them. Really?? I can understand how Anthony Davis is a rookie and all but Chilo Rachal has got to go. He is inconsistent at best and last Sunday he played like garbage. Can we please at least try Snyder for a game and see what happens?

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/11/23/SPBG1GFUDA.DTL
Originally posted by BleedRandG:
We all witnessed Sunday the disgrace that is the 49ers offensive line. They gave up 6 sacks to a team that had 8 all season. You would think that Sing would be competent enough to makes some changes to the O-line. Instead he does not even think about it and starts praising them. Really?? I can understand how Anthony Davis is a rookie and all but Chilo Rachal has got to go. He is inconsistent at best and last Sunday he played like garbage. Can we please at least try Snyder for a game and see what happens?

The pass-blocking wasn't the biggest problem on the O-line...it was rushing for 23 yards against the worst run defense in the NFL.
guyblow rachal needs to be benched
to be fair, on more than a few of those sacks, T.Smith held onto the ball too long. So blame it on coverage or Troy not delivering the ball in a timely manner.

taht being said, there is no excuse for our sorry ass rushing stats against the bucs.

[ Edited by SybErkRimInAL on Nov 23, 2010 at 10:52:10 ]
Wait until Singletary watches more film.

The right side is terrible. davis struggles mighty, but OK he´s a rookie, Racahl on the other hand has no excuse.

A bit of the blame falls on Baas to as we give up a lot of pressure through the A gap.

The left side by comparison is much better, yet also not great.
Originally posted by JeuSF49:
The left side by comparison is much better, yet also not great.

Yeah, Sims had a rough day. That lumbering spin move had him baffled all game.
One of Sing's biggest mistakes : Sacrificing a season for the sake of "developing" rookie offensive linemen.
  • HIMYM
  • Veteran

We did try Snyder at RG this year, and every time he's played, he's been really good and our running game improves when he's playing RG.
Its pretty obvious, Chilo Rachal has naked pics of Singletary and Refrigerator Perry in the shower together, being just a tad bit too friendly.
Originally posted by verb1der:
One of Sing's biggest mistakes : Sacrificing a season for the sake of "developing" rookie offensive linemen.

It's not like anything else is working right this season.

Originally posted by nickbradley:

The pass-blocking wasn't the biggest problem on the O-line...it was rushing for 23 yards against the worst run defense in the NFL.

Yes but when every middle gap has one or two Defenders clogging the lanes it's next to impossible to get positive yardage. Frank had ONE good Run all day and once they scored in the 2nd quarter we abandoned the Run for much of the game. It's like the blind leading the blind with this Offense.

Can't see that their unimaginative play calling kills us. Can't see that an inexperienced QB is a detriment(hell why not elevate Nate from the PS, they got zero film on him) to the remainder of the season when they know his quirks now.

What has me ripping my hair out is that now Uno is holding the ball too long as well as holding it out in space(I guess it's better than holding it at the hip ) when he runs. The Cards won't be sitting back waiting for him to throw some BS Hail Mary pass off his back foot. They are going to go right for the ball when they Rush and I guarantee that's going to cost us.

So not only is Sing nuts for not making a change at RG(the whole Line had issues against the Bucs) but he's not making a change at QB now that Alex is healthy. And as much as I respect that it was just ONE bad game, I know that you do not take an inexperienced player and put him on the field in a rivalry game when you HAVE TO Win. This isn't week 5 this is week 11. There ain't no more chances to get back into this at this point.

At least with Alex under Center the guy knows how to audible and has a Red Zone percentage and knows the Opponent. He's seen their tendencies and can call his own plays in the 2 minute drill. Unfortunately Johnson is too green to take Sing aside and have a heart to heart with him. If Sing is EVER going to learn from this season he NEEDS that guy. The guy that has no issues with calling a spade a spade and reeling the HC back to reality. Walsh had that, Seifert had that, hell even Mooch had that. Sing doesn't or if he does he isn't a good sounding board Assistant. Sing must have a Yes man there. Cause nobody challenges him and that is a bad thing when you expect to have a better outcome from the year before. Marathe ain't gonna do it. And neither is Baalke. Those guys are fine (though Marathe needs to be slapped for not having important contracts done at least one of them), it's our Coaching Staff that I have issues with. Specifically Sing and Sullivan. When our Defense gets killed and the DC is on the Sidelines I say WTF?!!!! are you doing on the sideline. Why is your stupid ass not in the booth?!!! Sing doesn't even question it. That right there is a guy that is not focusing on the overall issues.

And Sullivan. That guy has single handedly held us back every season with is Pet players. I like Morgan but c'mon Ziggy proved he was a better player in Camp. And who is the starter? Morgan. Unfortunately he shows up once or twice a game and the opposing teams see this. They can handle that and will live or die with it. Tree just ain't carrying his water either. I'm REALLY frustrated with that unit. Get Jerry on the horn and see if he wants to coach dammit. You KNOW that unit will be 10x better than the one we field now before Camp even starts.

Anyone got Jed's number? If he wants this team to be a success Sing needs to hear this stuff if Jed is going to stick with him. Otherwise he might as well cut the cord now cause next year it will be the same old bullcrap. I'm not convinced Harbaugh is the answer. College is College. He played in the Pros. Can he coach in the Pros? We've already done the inexperienced bit, I don't feel like watching a team on the cusp be relegated to obscurity because we have to do our part to bring inexperienced coaches along. I don't know about you but we have done our mea culpa, it's time to get down to brass tax. Get a respectable coordinator in here give him 100% anonymity, tell Sing that if he don't like it then he knows what he can do, and fire Sullivan and let the OC hire the new guy and any assistant that he feels doesn't cut it.

To me Sing is Seifert, but without the Offensive philosophy to fall back on. George was smart enough not to get too involved with the Offense. He had his moments but for the most part that guy was successful in every aspect as a HC with this team. He certainly had our number when the Cats faced us every season if I rightly recall. His players there were mostly the issue.

Maybe Alex shoulda one upped Steve and just decked Sing when they were arguing on the sidelines. I think that may be the only thing Sing will listen to at this point.

~Ceadder

the rookies aren't the biggest holes on the line...
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by nickbradley:

Yes but when every middle gap has one or two Defenders clogging the lanes it's next to impossible to get positive yardage. Frank had ONE good Run all day and once they scored in the 2nd quarter we abandoned the Run for much of the game. It's like the blind leading the blind with this Offense.

Can't see that their unimaginative play calling kills us. Can't see that an inexperienced QB is a detriment(hell why not elevate Nate from the PS, they got zero film on him) to the remainder of the season when they know his quirks now.

What has me ripping my hair out is that now Uno is holding the ball too long as well as holding it out in space(I guess it's better than holding it at the hip ) when he runs. The Cards won't be sitting back waiting for him to throw some BS Hail Mary pass off his back foot. They are going to go right for the ball when they Rush and I guarantee that's going to cost us.

So not only is Sing nuts for not making a change at RG(the whole Line had issues against the Bucs) but he's not making a change at QB now that Alex is healthy. And as much as I respect that it was just ONE bad game, I know that you do not take an inexperienced player and put him on the field in a rivalry game when you HAVE TO Win. This isn't week 5 this is week 11. There ain't no more chances to get back into this at this point.

At least with Alex under Center the guy knows how to audible and has a Red Zone percentage and knows the Opponent. He's seen their tendencies and can call his own plays in the 2 minute drill. Unfortunately Johnson is too green to take Sing aside and have a heart to heart with him. If Sing is EVER going to learn from this season he NEEDS that guy. The guy that has no issues with calling a spade a spade and reeling the HC back to reality. Walsh had that, Seifert had that, hell even Mooch had that. Sing doesn't or if he does he isn't a good sounding board Assistant. Sing must have a Yes man there. Cause nobody challenges him and that is a bad thing when you expect to have a better outcome from the year before. Marathe ain't gonna do it. And neither is Baalke. Those guys are fine (though Marathe needs to be slapped for not having important contracts done at least one of them), it's our Coaching Staff that I have issues with. Specifically Sing and Sullivan. When our Defense gets killed and the DC is on the Sidelines I say WTF?!!!! are you doing on the sideline. Why is your stupid ass not in the booth?!!! Sing doesn't even question it. That right there is a guy that is not focusing on the overall issues.

And Sullivan. That guy has single handedly held us back every season with is Pet players. I like Morgan but c'mon Ziggy proved he was a better player in Camp. And who is the starter? Morgan. Unfortunately he shows up once or twice a game and the opposing teams see this. They can handle that and will live or die with it. Tree just ain't carrying his water either. I'm REALLY frustrated with that unit. Get Jerry on the horn and see if he wants to coach dammit. You KNOW that unit will be 10x better than the one we field now before Camp even starts.

Anyone got Jed's number? If he wants this team to be a success Sing needs to hear this stuff if Jed is going to stick with him. Otherwise he might as well cut the cord now cause next year it will be the same old bullcrap. I'm not convinced Harbaugh is the answer. College is College. He played in the Pros. Can he coach in the Pros? We've already done the inexperienced bit, I don't feel like watching a team on the cusp be relegated to obscurity because we have to do our part to bring inexperienced coaches along. I don't know about you but we have done our mea culpa, it's time to get down to brass tax. Get a respectable coordinator in here give him 100% anonymity, tell Sing that if he don't like it then he knows what he can do, and fire Sullivan and let the OC hire the new guy and any assistant that he feels doesn't cut it.

To me Sing is Seifert, but without the Offensive philosophy to fall back on. George was smart enough not to get too involved with the Offense. He had his moments but for the most part that guy was successful in every aspect as a HC with this team. He certainly had our number when the Cats faced us every season if I rightly recall. His players there were mostly the issue.

Maybe Alex shoulda one upped Steve and just decked Sing when they were arguing on the sidelines. I think that may be the only thing Sing will listen to at this point.

~Ceadder

Two things:

1> Singletary is so much worse than Seifert. To even place those two in the same sentence is insulting. Seifert was a winner and his teams were always competitive.

2> Please drop the Alex Smith thing already. He's done and no one but you wants to see him under center in a Niner uniform ever again. I had a nasty chill up my spine just seeing him dressed for the game on Sunday.

LB
Originally posted by Ninersdeep:
One of Sing's biggest mistakes : Sacrificing a season for the sake of "developing" rookie offensive linemen, and Chilo Rachal.

the rookies aren't the biggest holes on the line...

fixed.
I would prefer the rookies stay in. They will be that much more experienced next season
Share 49ersWebzone