There are 197 users in the forums

It starts and ends with the oline.NOT EVEN JOE COULD SUCCEED HERE

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by global_nomad:

that will never get old to me

That's how it would look like if we gave Peyton 20 mill or whatever a year to play here.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
YOU SUCK!

GET EM

I WAS BORN IN ST. LUKES HOSPITAL , LAVAL,I LIVED IN THE MISSION DISTRICT UNTIL I MOVED TO PLEASANT HILL , CALIFORNIA,I LIVE IN CACHE PEAK ROAD IN ANTIOCH CALIFORNIA,I WENT TO SAC STATE UNIVERSITY,

I'M S.F!

I BLEED IT!

AND YOU KILL ME!

YOU MAKE ME SICK!

GET EM
The O-line is pretty dreadful...but I'm wondering why Solari and Brown haven't been able to whip these guys in shape. Then there's the OC position...Raye was stuck in the 80's, MJ's still learning. Of course, we have a head coach who understands NOTHING about 21st century offense. Put them all together and we are where we are...
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
The O-line is pretty dreadful...but I'm wondering why Solari and Brown haven't been able to whip these guys in shape. Then there's the OC position...Raye was stuck in the 80's, MJ's still learning. Of course, we have a head coach who understands NOTHING about 21st century offense. Put them all together and we are where we are...

Not happy with Solari. He can hit the road with Sing for all I care.

young, terrible and overrated is how I describe our linemen

chilo being terrible, rooks being young and staley being overrated

simply replacing guyblow will improve us next year as the others grow

[ Edited by RonMexico on Nov 22, 2010 at 11:23:38 ]
Originally posted by global_nomad:

that will never get old to me

That's how it would look like if we gave Peyton 20 mill or whatever a year to play here.

I'm sure there have been lots of God Damit Anthony this year, but we don't play in a dome where the crowd is trained to pretend like they are watching golf when our offense is on the field.
this is why i like the WCO----the progressions--1,2,3,4--if nothing is open look to run or get rid of the ball. It requires smart players and fast thinkers---good footwork--etc.

I share the concern over Solari/Brown being unable to eliminate the tells being given by the OL. But Rathman is appaerntly also guilty of not correcting tells by Frank Gore. (See the quote from the Bucs MLB about who tips the Niner plays). If the defense knows what is coming on every play, no OL stands much of a chance. This "tell" problem must be fixed.

I didn't expect the Niner OL to perform well during the first 8 games, due to starting the two rookies. But I did expect them to improve as the year progressed. That doesn't seem to be happening.

With the exception of Rachal, whom I have now officially given up on, in his 3rd year, I still believe that the other starting four OL have the makings of a good OL. Anthony Davis and Iupati are still on the very early stages of the learning curve. Baas is starting at a new position (and seems more stout than Heitmann at center). Staley was admittedly having an off-year, below his own standards. Don't know why.

I am more firmly convinced than ever that an experienced OC, unhindered by an overly conservative HC, could do wonders with this offense. It's the coaching.
i think eventually the Niners need anthony davis as the left tackle, next to iupati--for a strong run blocking left side--the pass protection will have to get better with experience.

Joe Staley I think would be better at maybe right guard than at any tackle spot--which means the Niners still need a right tackle.

at center Baas is OK--but an upgrade would help.

the way the players are positioned this season--you don't have two good run blocking O linemen next to each other on the line.
Been saying for over a year that the oline was the main problem, but asshats around here been constantly trying to put it all on the QB. Even a brain damaged chihuahua knows that it all starts with the oline, anyone who thinks otherwise should head on down to the pound for the euthanasia shot. The new guys might turn out to be good, but to expect for them to come right in and play like all stars is unrealistic.

• BobS
  • Veteran
In the glory years with Bobb McKittrick coaching them up, our line was anywhere from at least average all the way up to top notch. It also didn't have that many high draft picks on it. Now our line is stocked with 1st and 2nd rounders and flat out sucks.
So either our talent evaluation stinks or coaching stinks or both.
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BobS:
In the glory years with Bobb McKittrick coaching them up, our line was anywhere from at least average all the way up to top notch. It also didn't have that many high draft picks on it. Now our line is stocked with 1st and 2nd rounders and flat out sucks.
So either our talent evaluation stinks or coaching stinks or both.

Not impressed with Solari, not in the least. Plenty of teams do much more with much less on their lines.
I think most of us were optimistic that Solari and Brown could make a difference...and, so far, they haven't. Can't be all their fault...given the spotty (at best) OC playcalling, etc. Singletary hasn't helped...he has no ability to make adjustments in games. Lump all those together and we have a predictable, inconsistent offense. Kurt Warner kept saying MJ needed to open up the offense yesterday...but Tampa had everything we tried covered. They kept Troy off-balance all day...and his bad performance showed. That Rachal's in the starting lineup is just more evidence Singletary has absolutely no clue...Snyder's obviously a much better option at RG. I have no problem w/Baas...he should only get better with more time at the position. AD simply came out of college too soon...he wasn't ready for the NFL, which calls attention to the scouting...there were other OT's available (i.e. Bulaga) who were more prepared for the jump to the pros. Hopefully, AD's hard knocks this year will fuel his improvement his sophomore season. Iupati's got Pro Bowl potential IMHO. As for Staley, I think he'll be ok...he's his own biggest critic.
We have to go with a scrambling qb , ...............just to make up for a sh*tty oline?

Are you joking?

You're saying that we can't have a pocket qb, because this horrible oline and horrible oline coaching could get a pocket qb destroyed and get him a surefire trip to the IR?

WOW.

You let the sack starving, only five sacks so far this season- Buccaneers get 5 IN ONE DAY?

FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVVVVVVVVEEEE?

How dare you!

How dare you Mike Solari.

How dare you!

it was 8 sacks on the season, 6 more sacks on sunday.

bittersweet because i started the Bucs D in fantasy.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by susweel:
Its sad because all those guys are high draft picks. We can't even afford to spend anymore picks on oline.

three 1st round picks on the OLine and they still can't do s**t

And two second round picks.

O i'd love to replace racheal p***y ass. i think with time the other will be good
Share 49ersWebzone