There are 149 users in the forums

With Today's Loss, Does Alex Smith start next week?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

With Today's Loss, Does Alex Smith start next week?

doesn't matter who the qb is, he's just goin to be singletary's scapegoat/meat shield.
At least Alex Smith was never shut out. I don't understand why he didn't start. He didn't lose the job but was injured. Looking at the games Alex started against the one's Troy did, it's smarter to start Alex. New Orleans is similar, if not better than Tampa and Alex had us in the game for a while.
No alex's days in SF are over, time for him to find a new home.
Who cares. With our coaching staff, does it matter?
Well we have our answer once Sing looks at the film
  • BobS
  • Veteran
I don't get it, Alex Smith had 6 years to prove himself. Troy Smith has one bad game after 2 good ones and you want him gone? Looks like the Alex lovers have crawled back out from where they were hiding.
Originally posted by BobS:
I don't get it, Alex Smith had 6 years to prove himself. Troy Smith has one bad game after 2 good ones and you want him gone? Looks like the Alex lovers have crawled back out from where they were hiding.

No doubt. Sure Troy didn't play well at all, but coaching and play calling are the real issues.
Originally posted by jones49:

No doubt. Sure Troy didn't play well at all, but coaching and play calling are the real issues.

When, over the last six or so years, have they not been the issue?
  • Jiks

So if coaching and bad play calling were an issue with Troy? They weren't with Alex? THink about that... I think this just prove the Alex Lovers point that it's not his fault this team is where they are at. Right? Or am I missing something? These "Alexcuses" are the same thing people have been saying about Alex all season.

[ Edited by JiksJuicy on Nov 21, 2010 at 16:38:42 ]
Originally posted by teeohh:
NO

• dald1
  • Veteran
just sayin alex smith hasnt lost against the cards since 06......not saying he should start but i do like that stat lol

[ Edited by dald1 on Nov 21, 2010 at 16:41:04 ]
To all the Alex Smith:
haters...hahahahahqhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahqhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahqhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahqhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahqhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahqhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahqhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahqhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahqhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahqhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahqhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahqhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahqhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahqhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahqhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahqhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahqhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahqhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahqhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahqhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahqhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahqhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahqhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahqhahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Who are you going to blame now????????????????????????
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:

So if coaching and bad play calling were an issue with Troy? They weren't with Alex? THink about that... I think this just prove the Alex Lovers point that it's not his fault this team is where they are at. Right? Or am I missing something? These "Alexcuses" are the same thing people have been saying about Alex all season.

I don't give a s**t who the QB is...coaching and play calling are the biggest issues. End of story. We haven't had a worthy QB to boot.
Alex could not have done any better, Troy still as a better winning percentage. More importantly, he has received less attention from this coaching staff. The more a player gets "coached" by these clowns the worse he preforms!
FREE alex.
Share 49ersWebzone