There are 190 users in the forums

With Today's Loss, Does Alex Smith start next week?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

With Today's Loss, Does Alex Smith start next week?

Originally posted by Loco49er:
Why don't people realize that it doesn't matter who the QB is. Our #1 problem is coaching and #2 our offensive line is a disgrace, all these years and they still can't get a decent OL.

Loco49ers I almost agree with you except I think our #1 problem is the OLINE and the head coach is #2. BUCS get 8 sacks all season and our OLINE make 'em look like the purple people eaters with 6 sacks. As bad as sing is as a coach, if our OILINE was performing all season we would be above 500 as a team despite Singletary. If only they were able to create openings for Gore then the QB would have more success. I think the #3 problem is the secondary and the #4 is the lack of pressure. Well here's to next season already!
Originally posted by valrod33:
yup, sing said troy was the starter on a week to week basis. troy doesnt deserve another start based on this performance

How is it Troy's fault M.Sing game planned him out of the first half of the game?
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Originally posted by nickbradley:
No way.

BUT...this game shows what every reasonable person knows...the problem is COACHING. The Bucs figured Troy out...and we got fvcked. It is what it is. I dont blame Troy. He tried and did what he could. Game planning and play calling sucks.

Troy WAS NOT figured out. The worst rush defense in the NFL held Gore to 23 yds on 12 carries!

Are you kidding? The Bucs had 8 sacks all year and they got 6 sacks today. They contained Troy in the pocket and when he rolled out he got sacked a couple times as well.

Sorry to disappoint.

23 yards...23 yards...against the worst run defense in the NFL. That's all I have to say.

seven-man fronts all day, playing against a zone secondary -- nobody was open so he had to scramble

23 yards against the worst run defense playing a seven-man front...unbelievable!

Dude cmon..I'm so sick of this double standard. I'm not even blaming Troy Smith...all I'm saying is he IS NOT who we thought he was. At the end of the day he has 2 wins to Alex's 1 win...so I'm not trying to start a "Smith vs Smith" thing or bash Troy.

My point is...it doesn't matter who the QB is...our lack of making adjustments and planning is what kills this team every week. We get outcoached 90% of the time. And I think we can all agree, Troy's last two games had a LITTLE bit of luck. It's not to bash the guy...just saying it like it is.

I still think Troy should start vs the Cards but honestly..we HAVE to do a better job planning. Ridiculous to get shut out at home for the first time in 33 years with the talent we have. Did VD even get the ball today?
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
yup, sing said troy was the starter on a week to week basis. troy doesnt deserve another start based on this performance

How is it Troy's fault M.Sing game planned him out of the first half of the game?

lol, here comes the troyexcuses
Singletary is going to look like a retard either way. First he fully backed Alex and that didnt work out. Then he threw Smith under the bus and fully backed Troy...and now he got figured out...and here we are.

It took two games to figure out Troy. Our coaches should have known this...and we make NO adjustments at halftime? None.

This falls squarely on the coaches. I don't give a sht about QB right now.

Why do people keep saying that?

We had 6 pass attempts in the first half. We came out the second half still handing off to Gore. Then in the fourth quarter we decided to pass. He threw one INT, big deal. From that point on they took away the big play, our Oline couldn't block, no one got open. We couldn't adjust on O.

I'm saying that because the designed roll outs weren't working as well this time. I still think Troy is a good QB...we are just very poorly coached.

Then how do you explain, run, run, pass? Everything was 3rd and long.
Singletary is going to look like a retard either way. First he fully backed Alex and that didnt work out. Then he threw Smith under the bus and fully backed Troy...and now he got figured out...and here we are.

It took two games to figure out Troy. Our coaches should have known this...and we make NO adjustments at halftime? None.

We had 6 pass attempts in the first half. We came out the second half still handing off to Gore. Then in the fourth quarter we decided to pass. He threw one INT, big deal. From that point on they took away the big play, our Oline couldn't block, no one got open. We couldn't adjust on O.

I'm saying that because the designed roll outs weren't working as well this time. I still think Troy is a good QB...we are just very poorly coached.

I agree. We are poorly coached across the board.

Please tell me how Haralson is a starter, Mays is sitting and Sing said Goldson is play great this year?

troy smith holds the ball too long and gets sacked thats why we were in 3rd and long all day. his 15 minutes of fame are up
Alex Smith goes on to be a semi-productive mid-league QB and Troy Smith is a legitimate back up. The 49ers are sort of like the opposite of going to the Raiders.
Originally posted by kelpie70:
Originally posted by Loco49er:
Why don't people realize that it doesn't matter who the QB is. Our #1 problem is coaching and #2 our offensive line is a disgrace, all these years and they still can't get a decent OL.

Loco49ers I almost agree with you except I think our #1 problem is the OLINE and the head coach is #2. BUCS get 8 sacks all season and our OLINE make 'em look like the purple people eaters with 6 sacks. As bad as sing is as a coach, if our OILINE was performing all season we would be above 500 as a team despite Singletary. If only they were able to create openings for Gore then the QB would have more success. I think the #3 problem is the secondary and the #4 is the lack of pressure. Well here's to next season already!

You might be right, it might be too close to call which problem is #1. The OL looked very bad today.

How is that different from most of the games during the Singletary era? Arn't Niner's QBs expected to overcome this?

I agree. We are poorly coached across the board.

Please tell me how Haralson is a starter, Mays is sitting and Sing said Goldson is play great this year?

Because Sing is a stubborn loser who'd rather be "right" than win.
For what? Why put Alex back in?

So we give Troy one loss, Carr 1/2 game (which was too much) and Nate preseason but put Alex back in after 5 years? Can some one please explain this logic to me!

Indeed

and Alex never had that issue........
Share 49ersWebzone