LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 116 users in the forums

A different discussion: Why do you think Singletary has regressed?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
-Is his mind regressing due to the impact of the NFL? Muhammad Ali anyone?
-Has he been slowly installing this football philosophy since his arrival as HC, and we're finally seeing the results...?
-Did the NFL just pass him by in 2011?

Honestly, I don't know. But I'd be interested to hear other people's thoughts if they're willing to share.

Regardless, I think it is time for the owners and fans to thank Mike Singletary for helping put the team on a better path, and wish him well. This team will be better off finishing the season without him, and I don't think many will disagree at this point in time.

EDIT: By regressed, I mean that he has become extremely stubborn. At no point in time before this season did Mike Singletary demonstrate that he is completely unreasonable. If anything, he has proven that this season.

[ Edited by Kilgore_Trout on Nov 21, 2010 at 15:44:26 ]
he didn't regress he's exactly the same coach he was when he first got the interim job and that's the problem
Regressed.........are you kidding? He has been exposed. He was never any good to begin with........
Pretty hard to regress from Pre-K Football Strategy 101.......
I think he regressed because of Alex Smith.
  • Envy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
-Has he been slowly installing this football philosophy since his arrival as HC, and we're finally seeing the results...?

Honestly, I don't know. But I'd be interested to hear other people's thoughts if they're willing to share.

Regardless, I think it is time for the owners and fans to thank Mike Singletary for helping put the team on a better path, and wish him well. This team will be better off finishing the season without him, and I don't think many will disagree at this point in time.

In my opinion his motivation worked at the beginning and the defence played much better last year. I don't think his philosophy has changed though.

He is just not a head coach.

[ Edited by Envy on Nov 21, 2010 at 15:27:45 ]
Originally posted by HessianDud:
he didn't regress he's exactly the same coach he was when he first got the interim job and that's the problem
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Regressed from what?
Hate to say it but Sing is what's holding this team back. Conservative doesn't get you WINS. That's a FACT!
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:

Regress no, he just got the players to play because they hated nolan. lol but we as the fans, and ownership needs to say ok this isn't the guy we tried it didn't work im not doing 5 years of this s**t. 3 guys should be on your list and they should be getting called right now and then sing fired.

[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Nov 21, 2010 at 15:31:01 ]

Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
I think he regressed because of Alex Smith.

Originally posted by luv49rs:
Regressed from what?

Exactly.

NEVER been Defensive coordinator
NEVER been a Head coach

was out of football for awhile.

ITS A FREAKING ON THE JOB TRAINING!

Got lucky then bamm!.. reality sets it.
Today's pathetic performance demonstrates exactly how bad Singletary is as a HC.. With the season riding on the outcome of todays game, the team comes out with the most miserable game of the year.

He did a horrible job of getting ready for todays game.

Fire him this afternoon and appoint Sourdough Sam as HC.
Sings Gameplans simply SUCK! Barely beat the Rams with a last minute score that would rarely happen. This team is not good at all. Getting SLAMMED at home, shut out and how many carries for how many yards does Gore have? Sometime you gotta make a team pay and go with the pass to open up the game, field and so forth. This is pathetic play and it's Sings fault. The guy simply has not left the 85 Bears! Sing needs to go and they would be best to make him go away now!
Originally posted by MontanaSBGod:
Originally posted by luv49rs:
Regressed from what?

Exactly.

NEVER been Defensive coordinator
NEVER been a Head coach

was out of football for awhile.

ITS A FREAKING ON THE JOB TRAINING!

Got lucky then bamm!.. reality sets it.

What I meant by regressed is that he has become more stubborn. I don't ever recall him being this stubborn before this season.
Share 49ersWebzone