There are 61 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers QB: Flag football on the way

Link Here...

Quote:
By Mike Sando

Do not count the San Francisco 49ers' Troy Smith among those campaigning for increased protection from officials for offensive players.

"Pretty soon it seems like we're going to be playing flag football," Smith said Monday, sounding more like a linebacker than a quarterback. "They are not allowing the defensive players to play the game the way that we know it to be played. We as NFL players and as football players know you are going to have to take a tough hit sometimes or whatever the case may be."

Smith, listed at 6 feet and 217 pounds, appears sturdier than the typical quarterback. He took five sacks Sunday and held up fine. His next opponent, Tampa Bay, has zero sacks in five of its games this season, with five of its eight sacks coming in two games against Carolina.

The 49ers will be playing without injured starting left tackle Joe Staley, however.
Originally posted by PTulini:
Link Here...

Quote:
By Mike Sando

Do not count the San Francisco 49ers' Troy Smith among those campaigning for increased protection from officials for offensive players.

"Pretty soon it seems like we're going to be playing flag football," Smith said Monday, sounding more like a linebacker than a quarterback. "They are not allowing the defensive players to play the game the way that we know it to be played. We as NFL players and as football players know you are going to have to take a tough hit sometimes or whatever the case may be."

Smith, listed at 6 feet and 217 pounds, appears sturdier than the typical quarterback. He took five sacks Sunday and held up fine. His next opponent, Tampa Bay, has zero sacks in five of its games this season, with five of its eight sacks coming in two games against Carolina.

The 49ers will be playing without injured starting left tackle Joe Staley, however.

not all QB's are b***hes. Like tom brady and kyle orton.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Link Here...

Quote:
By Mike Sando

And Alex Smith.
Originally posted by susweel:

And Alex Smith.

if there's one thing I respected most about A.Smith, it's that he'd take a shot and get right back up. No complaints.
Link Here...

Quote:
By Mike Sando

And Alex Smith.

Couldn't wait, couldn't you!

I'm just mad cause you beat me to it.

And Alex Smith.

if there's one thing I respected most about A.Smith, it's that he'd take a shot and get right back up. No complaints.

Unless he falls on those weak shoulders.

And Alex Smith.

Unless he falls on those weak shoulders.

Yeah...youre so right. Smith separated his shoulders beecuz heez a byg pussey dood! LULZ!
I honestly believe it will be something close to flag football in 15 or 20 years. That's the way it's trending no doubt, and the game always changes a lot over time.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
I honestly believe it will be something close to flag football in 15 or 20 years. That's the way it's trending no doubt, and the game always changes a lot over time.

I think the QB will have flags or something like that.
you used to be able to grab a guys facemask and fling him down to the ground by it.

I doubt players want that to be allowed again.

And Alex Smith.

Agree!
He'll most likely be fined for this unfortunately.
Troy is a full bodied man who can hit the hole
Link Here...

Quote:
By Mike Sando

Agree
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

Fine, but then they need to let the CBs jam the reciever well beyond the line of scrimmage, like 15 yards. There a lot of guys that can throw a great ball in practice, but as soon as you add the threat of getting crushed they crumble.