LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 267 users in the forums

Four of Seven Games....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by A9R4Life:
Seeing as how Four of our Last Seven games are Division Games...
Realistically, what are our chances of Making a run??? And that four
of the last Seven are also Road Games...

Sun 11/21 Buccaneers Tickets 1:05p W
Mon 11/29 @Cardinals Tickets 5:30p W
Sun 12/5 @Packers Tickets 10:00a
L
Sun 12/12 Seahawks Tickets 1:05p W
Thur 12/16 @Chargers Tickets 5:20p W
Sun 12/26 @Rams Tickets 10:00a
L
Sun 1/2 Cardinals Tickets 1:15p W

What will be our remaining Record??

7 of 7
6 of 7
5 0f 7
4 of 7
Or Worse??

there's a thread for that: http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=145743
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
I'll make it real simple:

Beat one non-division opponent and our remaining divisional games, and we're in the playoffs.

That puts us at 8-8. Likely tied with the Seahawks for the division lead, but we would win the tie breaker with a better division record (5-1, over their likely 4-2).

This means we can lose 2 of these three games... Bucs, Chargers, Packers

Looking at the Seahawks schedule they will very likely lose 3 of their remaining games (which does not include a defeat to us). They have the Falcons, Chiefs and Saints still on their schedule.

That's all you need to know.
Originally posted by okdkid:

Beat one non-division opponent and our remaining divisional games, and we're in the playoffs.

That puts us at 8-8. Likely tied with the Seahawks for the division lead, but we would win the tie breaker with a better division record (5-1, over their likely 4-2).

Looking at the Seahawks schedule they will very likely lose 3 of their remaining games (which does not include a defeat to us). They have the Falcons, Chiefs and Saints still on their schedule.

I still wouldn't book it that we will win all remaining divisional games.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
I have a feeling that in the end it'll come down to either the Rams or Niners for the division title.

Cards are getting worse (even though their closing schedule looks easy), Hasselbeck is playing with a broken throwing wrist, that won't last for long (Matt will either throw picks until being placed on IR, or it'll get injured for the worse), and Whitehurst would be the nail in the coffin.

_______

I believe Hasselbeck's injury is to his non-throwing wrist. So, not nearly as big of an impact for us. But we all know how injury prone that guy is. It will definitely impact his ability to brace himself when tackled.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by global_nomad:

_________

No doubt. I'm not saying we will, I'm just saying that's what it'll take.

Dominate the division, pick another one up along the way. Thats the hole we dug ourselves.

However, given the state of the division and our overall improved play on offense...this is absolutely realistic.
IF we beat the bucs this week, then the only team we will lose to will be GB.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:

Originally posted by valrod33:
5 of 7 to finish 8-8 which this year wins the west

I'm still hoping some how some way we get to 9-7.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:

That's an unstable theory.

_________

No doubt. I'm not saying we will, I'm just saying that's what it'll take.

Dominate the division, pick another one up along the way. Thats the hole we dug ourselves.

However, given the state of the division and our overall improved play on offense...this is absolutely realistic.

I say we have a chance at it. The road ones are the cards and rams. both winable given that Troy keeps playing at a high level. Then, the home games against the cards and hawks. Cardinals are horrid right now and no way we lose to the hawks like earlier in the season.

now, not saying anything is a given in the NFL but in a straight up bet I would take the Niners w/ current Troy Smith in all of those games.

Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Buccaneers - W - We're on a roll and Troy Smith is the hot hand..AND he's still mostly an unknown for defenses. We should win this.

Cardinals - W - Fvck the Cards.

Packers - L - Troy comes back down to Earth.

Seahawks - W - Revenge against Seattle.

Chargers - L - Offensively I think we will do well, but I just don't see our secondary containing Rivers and the Chargers passing attack.

Rams - W - I think we can beat them again. Might be another close one but we win.

Cardinals - W - Fvck the Cardinals

49ers 8-8

1st or 2nd in the NFC West. I just dont see anyone winning more than 8 or 9 games in the NFC West. Forget QBs...but it makes you wonder where we'd be if Johnson was OC from day 1. Oh well.

This is an interesting scenario -- and probably the most logical stab at it that I've seen.

BUT -- if this team is really going to contend? I mean REALLY contend?

It's going to have to jump up and bite someone we have no business biting at this point. And that means we either beat Rivers in games he NEVER loses or we beat Green Bay.

A win in either of those games cements us as contenders -- provided we take care of the other stuff along the way.

I think we have to finish 9-7 to win the West. That means only one more loss. Troy has to play lights out football.

We'll see.

[ Edited by billbird2111 on Nov 19, 2010 at 10:53:08 ]

L
L

7 of 7
6 of 7
5 0f 7
4 of 7
Or Worse??

Bucs- Loss (Go to 3-7) Jed York and 99% of the board still believe we will make the playoff
Cards- Win (Go to 4-7) Niners win by a 55 yard field goal on the last play and board members state we have turned the corner and will win outright.
Packers- Loss (Go to 4-8) Niners lose by 47 points and Singletary states 29 times in the post-game press conference that he needs to look at film.
Seahawks- Win (Go to 5-8) Niners beat the Seahawks at home. 49ers poll shows that 86% of members think the team will win the last three games, get to 8-8 and get into the playoff.
Chargers- Loss (Go to 5-9) Singletary thanks Philip Rivers for throwing 5 TD's and 475 yards against his defense. 59% of board members still the Niners win the division at 7-9.
Rams- Loss (Go to 5-10) The Niners are mathematically eliminated, but Jed York says that Singletary has done a "great job" in 2010.
Cardinals- Win (Go to 6-10) 96% of Niners fans blame Alex Smith and not Mike Singletary for not making the playoffs.

The Niners are 0-4 on the road, and were not even competitive in three of those games.

Is Singletary suddenly going to become a good coach? Let's be realistic. We had to go to overtime to beat a team, the Rams, who are winless on the road in 2010. How are we supposedly this great, invincible team? Come on, people.

P.S. Only a handful of teams last year finished 6-2 in their final eight games. And, these teams were all terrific teams. The Niners are not a terrific team. We are barely winning home games, and are terrible on the road.

[ Edited by MadDog49er on Nov 19, 2010 at 11:25:53 ]
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

L
L

7 of 7
6 of 7
5 0f 7
4 of 7
Or Worse??

Bucs- Loss (Go to 3-7)
Cards- Win (Go to 4-7)
Packers- Loss (Go to 4-8)
Seahawks- Win (Go to 5-8)
Chargers- Loss (Go to 5-9)
Rams- Loss (Go to 5-10)
Cardinals- Win (Go to 6-10)

The Niners are 0-4 on the road, and were not even competitive in three of those games.

Is Singletary suddenly going to become a good coach? Let's be realistic. We had to go to overtime to beat a team, the Rams, who are winless on the road in 2010. How are we supposedly this great, invincible team? Come on, people.

Tut-Tut MadDog!

The Reams game was an aberration! When's the last time we lost three TD's to penalties?

Take the penalties away and the Niners win going away.

A team is going to go through growing pains when learning how to win. As of right now? The team is learning how to win.
Originally posted by DJD:
Originally posted by BobS:
Look at our road record under Dingletary, even with Troy Smith we will lose road games to inferior opponents.

Oh you mean like the game in London? Oh wait Troy won that game

That was a home game
I DONT GIVE A DAMN WHAT YA'LL SAY!!! WE FINNA GO 10-6!! YOU HAVE A FRIEND IN THE DIAMOND BUSINESS..I GUARANTEE!!!
Share 49ersWebzone