LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 198 users in the forums

Four of Seven Games....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Buccaneers - W - We're on a roll and Troy Smith is the hot hand..AND he's still mostly an unknown for defenses. We should win this.

Cardinals - W - Fvck the Cards.

Packers - L - Troy comes back down to Earth.

Seahawks - W - Revenge against Seattle.

Chargers - L - Offensively I think we will do well, but I just don't see our secondary containing Rivers and the Chargers passing attack.

Rams - W - I think we can beat them again. Might be another close one but we win.

Cardinals - W - Fvck the Cardinals

49ers 8-8

1st or 2nd in the NFC West. I just dont see anyone winning more than 8 or 9 games in the NFC West. Forget QBs...but it makes you wonder where we'd be if Johnson was OC from day 1. Oh well.

Damn. IMO, we really only have one game to lose. I would be more comfertable with a 9-7 record. I think we can do it.

Bucs: Close game but Gore finishes strong in the second half to lead us to a comfertable margin near the end of the game. Only think that can kill us is Mike Williams and Freeman with his legs.

Packers: This game I think Smith has a breakout game. He matches Rodgers throw for throw, td for td, until VD outmatches their LBs in the second half. Troy Smith should also have a lot of running yards here. We win baby

Seahawks: I think this is the game we blow at home. Seattle tore us up in the first game. They have something on us. I think we take this game lightly and lose. But, it sets us up for a great finish.

Chargers: We beat them in their house. They don't have a lot of threats besides Gates. We have a good LB core that can contain him. Their run D isn't that stellar these days. Gore has a field day and we win in another nail biter.

Rams: We go to their house and this time stomp on them. We'll have more footage of Bradford and see what other teams have done to stop them. I think we sack his ass, rattle the rams, and roll to AZ FTDivision.

Arizona: In a close game. We beat them behind the leadership of blacksmith. Gore has a solid day but Smith really leads us to the win. We win by 6 and take the division from Seattle.

This is my prediction.
Buccaneers - W - We're on a roll and Troy Smith is the hot hand..AND he's still mostly an unknown for defenses. We should win this.

Chargers - L - Offensively I think we will do well, but I just don't see our secondary containing Rivers and the Chargers passing attack.

Rams - W - I think we can beat them again. Might be another close one but we win.

49ers 8-8

1st or 2nd in the NFC West. I just dont see anyone winning more than 8 or 9 games in the NFC West. Forget QBs...but it makes you wonder where we'd be if Johnson was OC from day 1. Oh well.

Agree
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Yup..we suck on the road. We may lose to Zona in Zona but hopefully we wont since we're just better than them. But that's the only one we have a chance in.

But the other remaining road games we'll lose so winning the division will not happen.
Anyone know if the 12/16 Charger game on Thursday night will only be shown on NFL network or will it be on local TV too?
Buccaneers - Loss - (I want us to win, but I think we lose a close one in the rain)
Cardinals - Win - (Troy gashes one of the worst defenses in the league)
Packers - Loss - (Troy struggles and the defense can't stop Rodgers)
Seahawks - Win - (REBENGA!!!)
Chargers - Win - (One of the biggest road wins in years)
Rams - Win - (Another close game, but our defense steps up when it counts)
Cardinals - Win - (We clinch a tie for the division on the season-ender!!!)

We finish off winning the last 4 games to go 8-8.

And yes, I'm a giant homer!

We could beat any team on that schedule. But realistically, I can see us losing to the Bucs, Packers and Chargers. That would put us 7-9 and we'll probably tie Seattle for 1st place, not sure who would be decided as division winner if that were to happen.
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
We could beat any team on that schedule. But realistically, I can see us losing to the Bucs, Packers and Chargers. That would put us 7-9 and we'll probably tie Seattle for 1st place, not sure who would be decided as division winner if that were to happen.

If we loose to those three only, that means we go 5-1 in division. That will beat any of the other teams in the NFCWest. Even at 7-9, we would go to the playoffs.

I personally think we will win at least one of those three and win all the remaining games against the NFCWest taking us to at least 8-8.

Like I said before, all three teams still play some tough opponents. It will be interesting starting this week because the rest of the West plays tougher opponents.

This is the week to make up that one game.

Remember this too: If Seattle looses just one more game, then we hold the keys to the West because we would win if Seattle and us all win the remaining games.

We could actually be in the driver seat with a losing record.

What a joke of a division, but I love it for us right now.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Buccaneers - Loss - (I want us to win, but I think we lose a close one in the rain)

I know I am still drinkin' the Aid.

As far as the Bucs, I am hoping for the rain because our running game can do wonders as the D will have to react in a sloppy field. We have the definite advantage there. Add the fact that their run D is atrocious and it looks very favorable to us to eat clock and keep Freeman cold.

Troy is the variable here. If he can keep that cool, control the offense and keep drives alive, we can put these guys away.

I think there are many overestimating the Bucs chances coming to the West.

Our D will step up and dominate!!!!

Whatcha think, Ghost?
Realistically, without taking anything away from any of the teams we play. I see only 2 Losses in the last few, if we can keep winning.

Probably the Packers, and Chargers I see being a real problem because these are proven passing teams. And I dont think our secondary are any match for either QB.

I mean I would say Tampa as well, because Freeman is doing the damn thing. But we are at home, so maybe we can keep the momentum.
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

I know I am still drinkin' the Aid.

As far as the Bucs, I am hoping for the rain because our running game can do wonders as the D will have to react in a sloppy field. We have the definite advantage there. Add the fact that their run D is atrocious and it looks very favorable to us to eat clock and keep Freeman cold.

Troy is the variable here. If he can keep that cool, control the offense and keep drives alive, we can put these guys away.

I think there are many overestimating the Bucs chances coming to the West.

Our D will step up and dominate!!!!

Whatcha think, Ghost?

In the immortal words of Tim Lincecum.....F$CK YEAH!!!

49ers 8-8

agreed 100%.
Originally posted by A9R4Life:
Originally posted by BobS:
Look at our road record under Dingletary, even with Troy Smith we will lose road games to inferior opponents.

Thats a Downer...

Lets do a PYMWYMI for the last 7....

Why are people so lazy that they have to turn everything into an acronym?

LOL, LMAO, ROFL, TTYL, SMH, G2G, BRB, IRL, IMO, IDK, now PYMWYMI.. Really? People don't even bother to type players' names anymore.. AS, PW, FG, VD..

I do admit to using the common ones like LOL or LMAO, because saying "Laughing Out Loud" would be pretty lame, but the others like "In Real Life" or "In My Opinion.." .. .. .. ..

The Internetz are making everyone lethargic!

(not attacking you, A9R4Life, just venting)

[ Edited by 49erRider on Nov 18, 2010 at 14:07:45 ]
We' re not losing anymore games this year.....our offense is going to feast on our opponents!!!! 10-6 mother Fu**ers!!!!
I have a feeling that in the end it'll come down to either the Rams or Niners for the division title.

Cards are getting worse (even though their closing schedule looks easy), Hasselbeck is playing with a broken throwing wrist, that won't last for long (Matt will either throw picks until being placed on IR, or it'll get injured for the worse), and Whitehurst would be the nail in the coffin.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
I have a feeling that in the end it'll come down to either the Rams or Niners for the division title.

Cards are getting worse (even though their closing schedule looks easy), Hasselbeck is playing with a broken throwing wrist, that won't last for long (Matt will either throw picks until being placed on IR, or it'll get injured for the worse), and Whitehurst would be the nail in the coffin.

I was thinking about this too, that game in St. Louis will probably be the biggest game of the year.
Share 49ersWebzone