There are 216 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Vernon Davis Provided Improper Benefits

Just posted on ESPN. Haha really?? Sounds like Vernon got the short end of this one..
CHAPEL HILL, N.C. -- North Carolina said five people, including former Tar Heels and current New York Giants receiver Hakeem Nicks, provided "impermissible gifts of cash and jewelry and impermissible assistance" with travel and entertainment expenses.

Nicks, who left Chapel Hill for the NFL after his junior season in 2008, provided $3,300 in benefits, while former UNC players Omar Brown ($1,865) and Mahlon Carey ($140) also were listed.

The news release also mentions San Francisco 49ers tight end Vernon Davis ($20) and "a person from Miami whose full name is not known ($323)."
[ Edited by ftbl899 on Nov 11, 2010 at 10:25 PM ]
$20?
Vernon gave them $20? f**kin cheap b*****d
20 dollars even counts? f**king seriously? He probably was hanging out with them and paid for lunch or something. If you cant get lunch with your friends thats a f**king joke. I can't believe they're even squabling over the 20 dollars, Vernon's not even part of the problem.
on a serious note, the NCAA getting all butt-hurt about "student"-athletes getting "improper benefits" is the greatest hypocrisy in sports.
$20

-9fA
maybe it was beer money
If they are gonna start investigating $20 worth of benefits than they are gonna be working lots of overtime because every college athlete receives something technically illegal. And student athletes should be paid to begin with, last time I checked Reggie Bush didn't gain any on field advantage from getting a new car and house for his parents.
Thats my boy!
Originally posted by ftbl899:
If they are gonna start investigating $20 worth of benefits than they are gonna be working lots of overtime because every college athlete receives something technically illegal. And student athletes should be paid to begin with, last time I checked Reggie Bush didn't gain any on field advantage from getting a new car and house for his parents.

This. s**t's ricockulous.
Thats not even a tank of gas. f**king stupid
lets wait for Sing to look at the film first
Originally posted by fly15:

we can't move forward until he does
Originally posted by backontop:

we can't move forward until he does

we will stop Sam Bradford

why is there no mention of Alex Smith or a smiley in this post?

-9fA
[ Edited by 9erfanAUS on Nov 11, 2010 at 11:44 PM ]