There are 154 users in the forums

Post Game Analysis (vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
From today's Tim Kawakami article: "Pointedly, Singletary was asked 16 questions during his postgame news conference, and in nine instances he said he couldn't give a detailed answer or offer an analysis without checking the film."

I saw a coach with a better record answering "he's gotta look at the film" (9-7) than his actual record on the field (3-7 and WILL get worse).

The question was what I saw yesterday. I saw the same thing Alex has been dealing with for the last year. The only difference was that most fans blamed the struggle on Alex when he was out there, while they blame it on the playcalling and the OL when Troy was out there.
It seemed like Singletary thought that because we have got this ball rolling maybe he could go back. It was the same game play from week 1-7, terrible. Time for a long coaching hunt. Got to make it where Wills and V.D do not want out.
Just had another thought on yesterday. The Cowboys laid down two weeks ago in what seemed like a protest to send a message to ownership saying "we will not play for Wade Phillips". Did the Niners send Jed a similar message yesterday?

Sorts like they said

Can not play for him, can not work with him, we want a winner!

[ Edited by GolittaCamper on Nov 22, 2010 at 09:02:08 ]
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by excelsior:
The question was what I saw yesterday. I saw the same thing Alex has been dealing with for the last year. The only difference was that most fans blamed the struggle on Alex when he was out there, while they blame it on the playcalling and the OL when Troy was out there.

Fail. Complete fail. AS sucks ass too. He's a f**king misfit just like a whole bunch of others in this organization. He is hitting the road with the rest of them this off season. AS is done, he was part of the problem, nothing changes that. Stop clinging to false hope that somehow AS can be relieved of his own failures at QB, he can't, it's been proven time and time again. Move on.

[ Edited by Blitz on Nov 22, 2010 at 09:11:33 ]
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
When Singletary first came to the Niners head coaching job I said he was a great motivator, but a lousy X and O guy. I have been astounded as to how hard the players work at executing such awful game plans, it has been a testament to Singletary's ability to motivate players.

One by one players stopped buying into Singletary's motivational style, because guess what Mike they 'Watch film" too.

What I saw yesterday was critical mass, the tipping point, enough players called bulls**t and just gave up. I don't really blame them, they have all worked hard, listened to their coaches and done exactly what they have been asked to do all season.

Who in their right mind would could play hard for Mike Singletary now? When you work hard follow orders and do you best to execute, yet always end up on the losing end of the score it is impossible to continue to preform.

I guess what I saw was not a team quitting on a pathetic excuse for a head coach, but rather a group of guys that know no matter what they do the just can;t win, a group of guys not a team that flat out quit in the face of a hopeless season, and I don't blame them a bit.

Who could play for this clown?

What did you see yesterday?

Sounds about right, but I'll have to look at the tape...

If Singletary has any sense in his head, he'll watch that garbage by himself and then throw that game tape the f**k out. Nobody but him should have to re-live that disgrace, but what would be the point; he's not going to learn a single goddamn thing from it anyway.
I saw that Troy Smith was holding back because all week..Singletary kept saying we have to weed out the bad stuff. Basically for Troy to play safe..What a dumba55! Let him play!! Now that Troy listened to him..look at the outcome! 50 somthing percent passer rating with 1 INT! Bad 4th down calls and our O line sucks!!! FIRE HIM!! IM sick of his s*%t!! Now I wonder about Alex Smith being held back by Singletary...things that make you go hmmm...
I think some of you could stand to learn a little patience. Fact of the matter is barring a drastic meltdown Sing won't likely be fired before the end of the season, but he WILL be fired.

I understand that everyone wants to see this team play better, as do I. I mean, we're all fans here. We just need to accept the fact that *this* is about as good as it's going to get from here on out. It's a bitter pill to swallow but hey, sometimes it's like that.

And I know a lot of you are down on the Yorks but I think that deserve more credit then they are being given. They have showed a willingness to shake things up when the team isn't performing.

Obviously, it hasn't worked in their favor but I do think they're honestly trying.

Come season's end, Singletary will fired and hopefully we'll get someone in here that can capitalize on all the talent we have.

You just gotta have faith.
Originally posted by 190836:
I saw an empty stadium by middle of the third quarter, i wonder if the Yorks saw the same thing.

There is a good pic out there with Singletary looking up into the stands with a 'WTF just happened' face and the seats in the background are mostly empty. I was wondering if that was during the game or just after it ended.

Originally posted by baltien:
I think some of you could stand to learn a little patience. Fact of the matter is barring a drastic meltdown Sing won't likely be fired before the end of the season, but he WILL be fired.

I understand that everyone wants to see this team play better, as do I. I mean, we're all fans here. We just need to accept the fact that *this* is about as good as it's going to get from here on out. It's a bitter pill to swallow but hey, sometimes it's like that.

And I know a lot of you are down on the Yorks but I think that deserve more credit then they are being given. They have showed a willingness to shake things up when the team isn't performing.

Obviously, it hasn't worked in their favor but I do think they're honestly trying.

Come season's end, Singletary will fired and hopefully we'll get someone in here that can capitalize on all the talent we have.

You just gotta have faith.

Patience? Did you just move here from the North Pole?
goatse
I actually saw Sing speaking into his headset for ONCE!!!!!!!!!!!
I saw a disaster...Rasheem Morris and his Tampa Baystaff completely out-coached, out-classed Singletary and his completely. It was embarrassing...Singletary, his coaching staff and players should hide their faces. I saw Morris interviewed on "Inside the NFL" and what a breath of fresh air he is...bright, articulate, and obviously very much in synch with his team. He is all the things Singletary and his staff isn't...which is mainly why they're 7-3 and we're 3-7.
  • SFGem
  • Veteran
i was at the game. that had to be the sorriest gameplan and performance by the offense. the game actually depressed me. it was the 2nd niner game i've been to and i've never seen them win in person. it's worse when they lose like that and you're at the stadium.

they should just start throwing long passes first play of the game. we gotta atleast try to win and move the ball. running on every first down is fooling noone. the oline is pitiful. we didn't even crack the red zone. and the coaches should have done the opposite of what they did in the first half in the second half. the inside runs were just not gonna work and that was like 75% of the plays called on offense. really frustrating and depressing game.
Share 49ersWebzone