LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 320 users in the forums

Post Game Analysis (vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by Blitz:
The head coach has way too much influence in the game plan. I bet they only planned to run the ball and assumed they would have success. They needed to change before the half and they did not. Of course they didn't have another game plan in place and it cost them dearly.

I saw the miserable failure of the oline coaching. The oline should be getting better throughout the season, it is getting worse.

I saw that we still need a QB.

I saw that the coaches are idiot's when it comes to game planning.

I saw that the coaches are in over their head when it comes to executing game plans...probably because they in over their heads when it comes to installing game plans and readying their team to play.

I saw an offense that lacked any kind of "fire" in them. I made the comment in the gameday thread after first two series were up of "Is it just me, or does the offense appear to not have any fire in them?" They looked like they walked into the game with the notion they were not going to win, that they did not believe they could get get it done.

I saw a lot of other stuff too, but the biggest think I saw is that this coaching staff is in over their heads and the team is heading down and not up because of it. I saw that they have reached the point where they are wandering now, they are rudderless.

The OL is getting worse because we refuse to put the best players out there and insisted on starting 2 rookies. Chilo Rachal needs to be benched but we've been saying that for years now. How hard is it for this coaching staff to understand when you put a struggling player next to a rookie you essentially nullify an entire side of the OL?

These coaches don't understand squat. Or I should say they are incapable of producing result's. They really are...they are failing at everything.

[ Edited by Blitz on Nov 22, 2010 at 08:18:46 ]
I saw envy of the Buccaneers. There team has turned it around in just a few seasons, something the niners have not done since 2002.

A team who has a franchise qb, and works like a team.

I saw way way way too much Frank Gore. Every successful team spreads the ball out, Frank needs to keep his ego in check and let others make plays, it will only helphim.

I saw a coach in denial, I listened on the radio, and apparently when they where down 14-0 he went to the O line in the 4th quarter and said, "can we run the ball, we need to run the ball" I think he has dementia, if they where UP by 14 points you run the ball, down by 14 you need to pullout all of the butt plugs and let it rip.
i didnt watch the game because i fell asleep but i did dream of little puppies being left out in a cold storm.
felt like I was watching a pre-season game! Most vanilla game plan on both sides of the field! Troy smith was running for his life...A Davis!
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
i saw the ghost of Mariucci come and make us run on 3rd and long down 14 with 2 minutes left in the half. i went outside and kicked a puppy.
Pure, unadulterated FAILure!

But, that's no surprise at this point.

I saw the philosophy of Coach Dingleberry put a stranglehold on this team and choke it to death.
  • Otter
  • Veteran
I saw a line of cars and they're all painted black,
with flowers and my love, both never to come back,
I saw people turn their heads and quickly look away,
like a coaching mistake it happens every day.

I looked inside myself and saw my heart is black,
I see the red logo and it's been painted black,
Maybe then coach'll fade away and not have to face the facts,
It's not easy facing the field when your whole world is black.

• 9moon
  • Veteran
These are what i saw:

1) a coach who has lost his team
2) a coach who does not know what coaching is all about
3) a coach who gets outcoached week in and week out
4) a coach who doesnt believe that QB is the most important position
5) a coach who needs to be let go

Singletary was a great player, but sorry to say, he's not ready to be a HEAD COACH.. We gave him the chance and he continues to show that he's just not ready yet.

I look at the Browns and the Bucs talent, and I dont see how they can be that much better than ours.. but week in and week out, both teams continue to compete.. Loosing to a sorry Panther team have already stated the fact that he cant coach.

He continues to revolve this team around Frank Gore.. and as good as Gore has been, his presence continues to hurt the young players.. he's part of each plays.. it's like, he's always THE second option if an initial player is covered or not there.. and to top it all, Gore can't deliver when he's expected most.. Sure he's very good back, but Gore is not a great player.. this offense can not continue to revolve around him..
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
The head coach has way too much influence in the game plan. I bet they only planned to run the ball and assumed they would have success. They needed to change before the half and they did not. Of course they didn't have another game plan in place and it cost them dearly.

I saw the miserable failure of the oline coaching. The oline should be getting better throughout the season, it is getting worse.

I saw that we still need a QB.

I saw that the coaches are idiot's when it comes to game planning.

I saw that the coaches are in over their head when it comes to executing game plans...probably because they in over their heads when it comes to installing game plans and readying their team to play.

I saw an offense that lacked any kind of "fire" in them. I made the comment in the gameday thread after first two series were up of "Is it just me, or does the offense appear to not have any fire in them?" They looked like they walked into the game with the notion they were not going to win, that they did not believe they could get get it done.

I saw a lot of other stuff too, but the biggest think I saw is that this coaching staff is in over their heads and the team is heading down and not up because of it. I saw that they have reached the point where they are wandering now, they are rudderless.

The OL is getting worse because we refuse to put the best players out there and insisted on starting 2 rookies. Chilo Rachal needs to be benched but we've been saying that for years now. How hard is it for this coaching staff to understand when you put a struggling player next to a rookie you essentially nullify an entire side of the OL?

These coaches don't understand squat. Or I should say they are incapable of producing result's. They really are...they are failing at everything.

I do know Blitz that Solari is a failed coach but the injuries here are eerily similar to the injuries to players in Seattle. Part of the problem is when your HC doesn't know s**t and is forcing his opinion (starting 2 rookies, keeping Rachal), and continuing to do the same things that are wrong, it continues to handicap this team. I'm willing to bet Singletary as Raye said - asks his coaches to do things and they do it. The person calling the shots is the source of it all.

Sing needs to go, no doubt. And a whole bunch of other coaches need to go too. There is just way too much failure. at all levels....this place needs a complete makeover.

Somebody else already said it, what this place needs is someone who knows football in it's entirety to come in and evaluate the operation from top to bottom, evaluate the ownership all the way down to the waterboy, then start laying a new foundation.

Honestly, there is something wrong with the foundation that this thing is built on. There is just no way around it anymore, it's become a pig that can't take lipstick anymore. It is a structural problem, the foundation is severely compromised. When that happens the quickest, most cost effect and sure fire way to correct it is to bulldose the joint and start laying a new one to build whatever you want on top of.

That's were the 49er's are at.

[ Edited by Blitz on Nov 22, 2010 at 08:36:06 ]

I saw Mike Singletary turn Troy Smith into Alex Smith, Mike Johnson into Jimmy Raye. We DO have enough talent across the board.

Try Smith is not that bad - he was "coached up". He learned that a QB must hold the ball and not take a risk. That he wasn't there to win games, just not loose them.
I was at the game. They have lost the fans. 15 minutes before kickoff you could see a sea of Orange seats. . . .
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
what i saw was Mike Nolan... and what I will now continue to see is Mike NolanTary..

a coach who believes and stand by the notion of winning a super bowl with a GREAT defense, just like when both were with the Baltimore Ravens!!!

That's what exactly I see in both of them..
Originally posted by maximill15:
felt like I was watching a pre-season game! Most vanilla game plan on both sides of the field! Troy smith was running for his life...A Davis!

That's exactly what it felt like.

I saw a delusional head coach.
I saw more than conservative game planning.
I saw probably some of the worst o-line play since 2005.
I saw good talent being wasted.
I saw the need for a complete overhaul.

-9fA
I saw:
* One of the worst 5 games that I have seen a 49er team play in the last 40 years
* A team that is highly overrated in terms of talent
* A team that has quit and has no direction
* A team that has one of the least imaginiative coaching staffs ever
* A team that has a glaring hole at the 2 most important spots... Head Coach and QB

I saw a laughing stock of an NFL team and an embarrasment to everyone associated with this once great franchise.
Share 49ersWebzone