LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 237 users in the forums

Post Game Analysis (vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:

You're right he was. And that's what worried me about Troy Smith, all these other QBs we've seen come along all lookin' like a brand new spit shined caddy in the driveway with free hookers in it. In other words, too good to be true.

However I don't think Rattay ever overcame the kinds of obstacles Troy did last week. He had a good team his first few games, with good protection, was ahead in his games and all his TDs counted when he threw em. Troy had crap, more crap, and even had Keven Federline standing on top of that crap and still managed to win.

Don't you remember this game?

I do, the context I'm referring to were the first couple games when we all thought Rattay was superQBawesomedude. Same thing with Hill. By the time this game happened, I think we all knew Rattay was nothing but a sheep in QBs clothing and was not the answer. He did have a monster game though.

For Troy to do what he did in his 2nd start, against a top 10 pass D, having never gone through TC says a hell of alot. He may just be another flash in the pan, but I get the sense he's better than what we've seen around here in awhile.

[ Edited by KowboyKiller on Nov 22, 2010 at 00:41:10 ]
im f**kin done...
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

I do, the context I'm referring to were the first couple games when we all thought Rattay was superQBawesomedude. Same thing with Hill. By the time this game happened, I think we all knew Rattay was nothing but a sheep in QBs clothing and was not the answer. He did have a monster game though.

For Troy to do what he did in his 2nd start, against a top 10 pass D, having never gone through TC says a hell of alot. He may just be another flash in the pan, but I get the sense he's better than what we've seen around here in awhile.

Yeah, that's true... I just thought it was funny because it was an even more monstrous statistical overtime victory on a much worse team. Hehehe....

Troy Smith is a guy who I think can be a capable starter. He's just got limitations that you have to build an offense around and that's not possible in the middle of the season. He's been unable to avoid the sacks the last couple games and I'd rather he was on the bench than dead. Alex Smith can conservoball us until the season is over. He knows the offense better and he doesn't take nearly as many sacks. Then we do whatever we do... CBA is f**king up the rotation, man.

Wouldn't be the first time I was wrong, though. Maybe we start Troy next week and we figure everything out. Who knows for sure, right?
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RonMexico:
im f**kin done...

I love you. Don't be done.

Unless you meant to type the words in some other order because you're wasted. Then you can be done, but leave a tip.

::hug::
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by excelsior:
Some of us have been trying to explain that many of Alex's problems sprang from poor playcalling and a terrible OL. But you guys wouldn't accept that, derisively calling it "Alexecuses." Now that your man experiences the same problems, you blame it on the playcalling and the terrible OL. Funny, isn't it.

Alexcuses

Troyescuses

see how that goes?

The way I see it, in regards to the Troyscuses vs Alexcuses, is last week Troy had a game that was unlike anything I've seen from Alex. A dominating 300 yard game where he overcame incredible adversity to win it.

Except he wasn't dominating for most of the game. The only reason he staged that miraculous comeback was because he was stinking it up and couldn't move the ball for most of the game. The guy was pitiful on third downs, 0 for 11, and we still only put up 20 points in regulation while putting up monster numbers.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by binary2nd:

Except he wasn't dominating for most of the game. The only reason he staged that miraculous comeback was because he was stinking it up and couldn't move the ball for most of the game. The guy was pitiful on third downs, 0 for 11, and we still only put up 20 points in regulation while putting up monster numbers.

14 penalties for 105 yards tends to make scoring difficult.

Third down conversions I'm with you on. I don't know what the major malfunction was in that area.
Originally posted by binary2nd:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by excelsior:
Some of us have been trying to explain that many of Alex's problems sprang from poor playcalling and a terrible OL. But you guys wouldn't accept that, derisively calling it "Alexecuses." Now that your man experiences the same problems, you blame it on the playcalling and the terrible OL. Funny, isn't it.

Alexcuses

Troyescuses

see how that goes?

The way I see it, in regards to the Troyscuses vs Alexcuses, is last week Troy had a game that was unlike anything I've seen from Alex. A dominating 300 yard game where he overcame incredible adversity to win it.

Unlike the Saints game this season where Smith was having a pretty good game minus the fumble. Some of these guys don't realize it can go both ways as well. Sorry there kiddos but Troy Smith is far from perfect. Before the game today I felt that he was the best option the 49ers had at QB and he gave them the best chance to win. After the game I saw a lot of flaws that can easily take Troy Smith out of any game. All a defense has to do is keep him in the pocket and boom he is useless.
Originally posted by bigmike55:
What will Sing say during the post game press conference???

"Well, we're going to look at the film, moving forward, we need to keep working, going forward, film yes watch film, going forward."

You are right on the money, but you forgot one.....after he says "moving forward", he'll say "We're going to continue to FIGHT".

Man, I like Sinletary as a person, but "whew" this dude can't coach, just pitful. Watching this garbage makes me sick. I have to get some GingerAle to settle my stomach. The end of the season can't get here fast enough. Sing just needs to voluntarily resign.
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
I know the Bucs were terrible agaist the run (before today) and we are a run oriented team anyway, but what happened? the previous two weeks we actually took chances and at least tried to be balanced on offence. Who drew up the game plan? No aggression, no energy, no boldness. The only thing I can figure is that Sing got into Mikes head.

Singletary's fingerprints were all over this loss. No screen passes, no slants, nothing down field. Gee, do ya think Johnson had his hands tied? Gimme a break SIngletary.

LB
vintage singletary offensive gameplan. Our OL can't even open holes against one of the worst rushing defenses in the league.

• obx49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Wodwo:

Yeah, that's true... I just thought it was funny because it was an even more monstrous statistical overtime victory on a much worse team. Hehehe....

Troy Smith is a guy who I think can be a capable starter. He's just got limitations that you have to build an offense around and that's not possible in the middle of the season. He's been unable to avoid the sacks the last couple games and I'd rather he was on the bench than dead. Alex Smith can conservoball us until the season is over. He knows the offense better and he doesn't take nearly as many sacks. Then we do whatever we do... CBA is f**king up the rotation, man.

Wouldn't be the first time I was wrong, though. Maybe we start Troy next week and we figure everything out. Who knows for sure, right?

^^^^
This.

Alex gives us the best chance to win at this point as long as we have a chance to win the division. If and when we are out of playoff contention we can experiment with Troy and Nate Davis to see who to keep for next season.
I just don't understand you Alex Smith haters. It's so obvious our problems originate from places other than the QB spot.
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
I just don't understand you Alex Smith haters. It's so obvious our problems originate from places other than the QB spot.

1. Dingleberry's entire offesnive philosophy
2. Don't have a QB
3. Can't pass protect
Originally posted by bakefootball:
Originally posted by bakefootball:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Sing definitely had his paws all over this game, and the QB running it. Troy may be a 2 game wonder, but if you look at Troy during the entire game he looked like a man who was just threatened with a ransom on his family!

Thank God this will all be over soon... 6 weeks cannot come any sooner.

Well put! Sing definitely pulled in the reigns on Troy... as if Sing knows what he was doing.
No he didn't. It's that Tampa figured him out. They spread the ends and didn't let him get out of the pocket at will. They forced him to do what he does worst, be a pocket passer.
When Singletary first came to the Niners head coaching job I said he was a great motivator, but a lousy X and O guy. I have been astounded as to how hard the players work at executing such awful game plans, it has been a testament to Singletary's ability to motivate players.

One by one players stopped buying into Singletary's motivational style, because guess what Mike they 'Watch film" too.

What I saw yesterday was critical mass, the tipping point, enough players called bulls**t and just gave up. I don't really blame them, they have all worked hard, listened to their coaches and done exactly what they have been asked to do all season.

Who in their right mind would could play hard for Mike Singletary now? When you work hard follow orders and do you best to execute, yet always end up on the losing end of the score it is impossible to continue to preform.

I guess what I saw was not a team quitting on a pathetic excuse for a head coach, but rather a group of guys that know no matter what they do the just can;t win, a group of guys not a team that flat out quit in the face of a hopeless season, and I don't blame them a bit.

Who could play for this clown?

What did you see yesterday?
Share 49ersWebzone