There are 42 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 11)

Smith FTW (well Troy I mean)!!!
Special fact: if Tampa Bay beats us at San Francisco, it will mark the second time they have done so in franchise history, the only time we lost to the Bucs at the Stick was in 1980
This will be a tough game against a team with winning record, but we are at home so our team will get hype up. Getting into the playoff is possible, but I just wonder how are we going to fair against other playoff teams if we do reach there. I'm really torn do I want them to win this game and continue to win, so we make it to playoffs and see how the coaching staff prepares the team against playoff teams. I think this will be a telling sign for the coaches to prepare and in game management and adjustments against a good Buc team. This game, green bay, and charger are good test for 49ers to see how good they will do against them.
We'll be facing a better qb. The defense will need to play well. Hopefully they can get more consistent pressure on Freeman.
  • hb123
  • Veteran
playoffs have come early for the niners wit this one
One game at a time.

NFC WEST
Seattle 5 4 0 .
St. Louis 4 5 0
San Francisco 3 6 0
Arizona 3 6 0

Week 11:
Tampa Bay @ SF
Arizona @ Kansas City
Atlanta @ St. Louis
Seattle @ New Orleans

I believe that the Cardinals are in real trouble and will lose in KC. Atlanta may be the best team in the NFL, but Sam Bradford is really good. Should be a good game, but I give the edge to Atlanta. New Orleans isn't quite what they were last year, but they're close. I give NO the edge in this game.

So...

Seattle 5-5
SF 4-6
St. Louis 4-6
Arizona 3-7

Keeping the Faith!
[ Edited by NinerBuff on Nov 14, 2010 at 10:02 PM ]
Arizona ruined the plot by week 12 everybody was supposed to be 4-6
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

if we can be tied with them by the time we play them it shouldn't matter
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

I think Hassleback has a broken arm or something he is playing thru injury. I think he is one bad hit away going in to the bench. And its Charlie Whitehurst time.

It's not Arizona that matters now, it's Seattle. We have to beat them to even the tiebreaker with them and we need them to lose at least one more game than us.
lets do this!!!!!!
Must win game. True test for Troy Smith. This game will show whether this guy is for real or not.

I believe so far.
i'm a little worried about mike williams and kellen winslow, not their running game
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

It's not Arizona that matters now, it's Seattle. We have to beat them to even the tiebreaker with them and we need them to lose at least one more game than us.

not true if we both finish 8-8 and beat them we would win the division because we would only have one loss in the division and they would have two(rams,us)
divsional tiebreaker rules
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

not true if we both finish 8-8 and beat them we would win the division because we would only have one loss in the division and they would have two(rams,us)
divsional tiebreaker rules

Yes, but that assumes that we go 5-1 in the division. We don't necessarily need to unless Seattle maintains 4-2 in division. If they fall to 3-3, then we could win it with a 4-2 division record. Either way, we need at least 4 more wins (and with 4 we need several other scenarios to happen correctly) more likely 5 and to be safe 6. And at least 3 more in-division games.