There are 445 users in the forums

Jed York vs Jerry Jones

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by kidash:
Originally posted by area49:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
The NFL is not going to allow the 49ers to just up and leave the San Francisco Bay Area.

Al Davis did that. Look what that got him? He's back in Oakland kids. Because he finally got tired of fighting one lawsuit after another.

The 49ers have a history here. They have a legacy that other teams did not have. Hardly any tears were shed when the Oilers were allowed to move from Houston. And the Browns-Ravens-Colts switch was a fiasco that wasn't well-managed and I don't think the NFL would allow such a manuever again.

The only way the Yorks get the green light to move is if we can't get a new stadium and nobody wants to buy the team. Well -- guess what? The Santa Clara stadium effort is the real deal -- and there are multiple ownership groups who would line up to buy this team from the Yorks and keep it in San Francisco. The team is in the heart of Silicon Valley my friends. Do you think -- for even one moment -- that the wealth to buy this team doesn't exist?

You would be sadly mistaken.

That's why this team isn't going anywhere -- despite what the Kawakami's of the world suggest.

No. If the Yorks can't get a stadium built here, they'll WANT the team to move to LA, either under their ownership or someone else's. It'll be a matter of spite. And since the NFL is a business, the NFL will see a relocation as a matter of necessity and will green-light the move.

And history means nothing. The Rams had a huge history in LA before becoming the St. Louis Rams. There's no reason the San Francisco 49ers can't become the Los Angeles 49ers.

If this ownership keeps fielding 4-12 or 5-11 teams, the blackouts will come. Add to that the fact that the Raiders appear to be on the turnaround and you have a fundamental shift in football loyalties in the Bay Area. The 49ers will no longer be needed here, and the Raiders will be kings.

And Seattle may have kept the trophy, but OKC has still got the history. They have everything except the actual hardware, and are still considered the one-time national champions.

Ahem... first off, FU*K the RAIDERS.

Second, you don't know the Bay Area enough to think that 49er fans will switch side just because the other team across the Bay is winning... NUH-UHHHHH....

Third, (disclaimer: this is MHO and mine alone and does not reflect the views of 49erswebzone) FU*K L.A.!!! Let other football team take root in L.A., you have plenty of choices but I can tell you this, the 49ers will not be one of 'em. I guarantee you that!

Fourth, see all three points and keep reading 'em till it sinks in.

Wow. Way to disprove my points with "f**k the Raiders" and "f**k LA". God, Niner fans are so deluded. Kawakami's right about this organization and its fans.

Deluded??? Talk about being ironic considering you want the SAN FRANCISCO 49ers to move! Shouldn't it be that you should be preaching for them to stay????

I've told you in the past that your reasoning about LA being a football town, or a wannabe football town, is a moot point considering you had TWO teams that MOVED AWAY from there! You saying its inevitable that the 49ers will move there is also just a wishful thinking in your part. Where is your proof that they will if it's so inevitable??? And you saying you're just trying to "open our eyes"??? PUHLEASE.... Trolling is more like it!

If and ever, the only thing that the management want is for their stadium to be close to their homebase/HQ (Santa Clara)! So once again, F*CK the RAIDERS, for even bringing them up in the same category as the 49ers, and F*CK the thought of the 49ers moving to LA!

Originally posted by Peter King:
Link

This is the best chance Los Angeles has to get a team in a long time.

Nothing's going to happen until after the owners and players get a new collective bargaining agreement, but once that happens, I expect, as I said on NBC last night, the league to get cracking on bringing one of the 32 teams to a new stadium adjacent to the Staples Center and LA Live complex in downtown Los Angeles.

All along, what's held the NFL back is either that the league didn't really want to be at the Coliseum -- and USC wasn't crazy about having the NFL there -- or the league didn't want to be in the endless 'burbs of southern California. But the backers of the new stadium, Casey Wasserman and Tim Leiweke, are well-connected guys who want to build the kind of retractable-roof events center that could be used to attract the 2022 World Cup final (or some future World Cup) and Final Fours, as well as an NFL team. Influential owners in the league are excited about the Los Angeles prospect ending a generation-long drought in the city, and these are owners who -- I can tell you with certainty -- have not been nearly as excited about any of the previous L.A. ventures.

As for the team to play there, the obvious candidates are San Diego (likely the favorite, unless a stadium gets built there, which appears increasingly unlikely) or Oakland. I'd say San Diego's more likely, but this thing has a couple of years to play out.

Yup, it's "inevitable"...

Somebody should make an "OFFICIAL LA 49ERS THREAD" and have all of area49's posts merged over there
Share 49ersWebzone