Jed York vs Jerry Jones

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by area49:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by kidash:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
The NFL is not going to allow the 49ers to just up and leave the San Francisco Bay Area.

Al Davis did that. Look what that got him? He's back in Oakland kids. Because he finally got tired of fighting one lawsuit after another.

The 49ers have a history here. They have a legacy that other teams did not have. Hardly any tears were shed when the Oilers were allowed to move from Houston. And the Browns-Ravens-Colts switch was a fiasco that wasn't well-managed and I don't think the NFL would allow such a manuever again.

The only way the Yorks get the green light to move is if we can't get a new stadium and nobody wants to buy the team. Well -- guess what? The Santa Clara stadium effort is the real deal -- and there are multiple ownership groups who would line up to buy this team from the Yorks and keep it in San Francisco. The team is in the heart of Silicon Valley my friends. Do you think -- for even one moment -- that the wealth to buy this team doesn't exist?

You would be sadly mistaken.

That's why this team isn't going anywhere -- despite what the Kawakami's of the world suggest.

No. If the Yorks can't get a stadium built here, they'll WANT the team to move to LA, either under their ownership or someone else's. It'll be a matter of spite. And since the NFL is a business, the NFL will see a relocation as a matter of necessity and will green-light the move.

And history means nothing. The Rams had a huge history in LA before becoming the St. Louis Rams. There's no reason the San Francisco 49ers can't become the Los Angeles 49ers.

If this ownership keeps fielding 4-12 or 5-11 teams, the blackouts will come. Add to that the fact that the Raiders appear to be on the turnaround and you have a fundamental shift in football loyalties in the Bay Area. The 49ers will no longer be needed here, and the Raiders will be kings.

And Seattle may have kept the trophy, but OKC has still got the history. They have everything except the actual hardware, and are still considered the one-time national champions.

Ahem... first off, FU*K the RAIDERS.

Second, you don't know the Bay Area enough to think that 49er fans will switch side just because the other team across the Bay is winning... NUH-UHHHHH....

Third, (disclaimer: this is MHO and mine alone and does not reflect the views of 49erswebzone) FU*K L.A.!!! Let other football team take root in L.A., you have plenty of choices but I can tell you this, the 49ers will not be one of 'em. I guarantee you that!

Fourth, see all three points and keep reading 'em till it sinks in.

Wow. Way to disprove my points with "f**k the Raiders" and "f**k LA". God, Niner fans are so deluded. Kawakami's right about this organization and its fans.

So why post here then?

I'm trying to open people's eyes to an inevitability AND trying to get them to come to terms with it.

No you aren't. You are trying to wind people up and stir up trouble. Even you must realise that there is no inevitability about a move, far from it. It is in fact, as numerous posters have pointed out to you at various times, highly unlikely.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
Originally posted by NinerGod:
Aside from the article itself, anyone else read the comments? A lot of people were saying they would favor the Yorks selling the team to a Socal owner and moving the team to LA.

how many of YOU favor that idea?

If the team leaves the SF Bay Area, then they are dead to me.

THIS!!!

Which means they will be alive to somebody else. They can have fans either here or there. It's just a business. They don't really care where.

Exactly.

Look, the way SD49er and I see it, it's something that NEEDS to happen. For the good of the organization. So we might as well make the best of it.

At least that's how I see it.

The 49ers moving to LA is not something that needs to happen. What needs to happen is you need to go away and root for a team that will actually move to LA because the 49ers WILL NEVER move to LA. You want the 49ers to move to LA so you can actually go to games because you are to cheap to buy the ticket and take a drive. Sorry but there are plenty of fans who take road trips to go to home games. Once again I will point out, if LA is such a great AREA for NFL teams why did they lose BOTH of the teams that they had???? Ohhhh that's right, because the fans in LA suck!!!!! Just face drop it and go away, you're constant spamming of this forum for your sick and demented fantasy is way past old and annoying.
My father was a Brooklyn Dodger fan and when they left after the 1957 season he stopped watching baseball until the 1969 Mets came along. If the 49ers left town the only way I would root for an NFL team again would be if Eddie D came back as an owner.
The NFL is not going to allow the 49ers to just up and leave the San Francisco Bay Area.

Al Davis did that. Look what that got him? He's back in Oakland kids. Because he finally got tired of fighting one lawsuit after another.

The 49ers have a history here. They have a legacy that other teams did not have. Hardly any tears were shed when the Oilers were allowed to move from Houston. And the Browns-Ravens-Colts switch was a fiasco that wasn't well-managed and I don't think the NFL would allow such a manuever again.

The only way the Yorks get the green light to move is if we can't get a new stadium and nobody wants to buy the team. Well -- guess what? The Santa Clara stadium effort is the real deal -- and there are multiple ownership groups who would line up to buy this team from the Yorks and keep it in San Francisco. The team is in the heart of Silicon Valley my friends. Do you think -- for even one moment -- that the wealth to buy this team doesn't exist?

That's why this team isn't going anywhere -- despite what the Kawakami's of the world suggest.

No. If the Yorks can't get a stadium built here, they'll WANT the team to move to LA, either under their ownership or someone else's. It'll be a matter of spite. And since the NFL is a business, the NFL will see a relocation as a matter of necessity and will green-light the move.

And history means nothing. The Rams had a huge history in LA before becoming the St. Louis Rams. There's no reason the San Francisco 49ers can't become the Los Angeles 49ers.

If this ownership keeps fielding 4-12 or 5-11 teams, the blackouts will come. Add to that the fact that the Raiders appear to be on the turnaround and you have a fundamental shift in football loyalties in the Bay Area. The 49ers will no longer be needed here, and the Raiders will be kings.

And Seattle may have kept the trophy, but OKC has still got the history. They have everything except the actual hardware, and are still considered the one-time national champions.

Second, you don't know the Bay Area enough to think that 49er fans will switch side just because the other team across the Bay is winning... NUH-UHHHHH....

Third, (disclaimer: this is MHO and mine alone and does not reflect the views of 49erswebzone) FU*K L.A.!!! Let other football team take root in L.A., you have plenty of choices but I can tell you this, the 49ers will not be one of 'em. I guarantee you that!

Wow. Way to disprove my points with "f**k the Raiders" and "f**k LA". God, Niner fans are so deluded. Kawakami's right about this organization and its fans.

So why post here then?

I'm trying to open people's eyes to an inevitability AND trying to get them to come to terms with it.

No you aren't. You are trying to wind people up and stir up trouble. Even you must realise that there is no inevitability about a move, far from it. It is in fact, as numerous posters have pointed out to you at various times, highly unlikely.

People often get "wound up" when others try to open their eyes. Anyone who thinks a move to LA is "highly unlikely" is in denial. Given the Yorks' tendencies, the state of the economy, the general attitude towards the 49ers in the Bay Area, the Raiders' resurgence, the demand for a pro football team in LA, and the NFL's history of not caring about "history" but rather about money, Los Angeles 49ers is a LOT more likely than people care to admit.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
Originally posted by NinerGod:
Aside from the article itself, anyone else read the comments? A lot of people were saying they would favor the Yorks selling the team to a Socal owner and moving the team to LA.

how many of YOU favor that idea?

If the team leaves the SF Bay Area, then they are dead to me.

THIS!!!

Which means they will be alive to somebody else. They can have fans either here or there. It's just a business. They don't really care where.

Exactly.

Look, the way SD49er and I see it, it's something that NEEDS to happen. For the good of the organization. So we might as well make the best of it.

At least that's how I see it.

The 49ers moving to LA is not something that needs to happen. What needs to happen is you need to go away and root for a team that will actually move to LA because the 49ers WILL NEVER move to LA. You want the 49ers to move to LA so you can actually go to games because you are to cheap to buy the ticket and take a drive. Sorry but there are plenty of fans who take road trips to go to home games. Once again I will point out, if LA is such a great AREA for NFL teams why did they lose BOTH of the teams that they had???? Ohhhh that's right, because the fans in LA suck!!!!! Just face drop it and go away, you're constant spamming of this forum for your sick and demented fantasy is way past old and annoying.

I actually live in the Bay Area, but I'm impartial enough to see a necessity and an inevitability (like amputating a gangrenous leg) when I see one.
Originally posted by WestCoast:

Please tell me that's his granddaughter.
Originally posted by bassmanr:

In fact Di Fi has a bill to not let them leave SF with the name. So that is where Larry Ellison steps in, he buys the team name, let's Steve Young, Brent Jones and Ronnie Lot run the team. If you are into the New World fantasy.

Even if it is but a silly dream, it's enjoyable to kick back and drink in the myriad "what ifs" associated with suxch a fantasy. Maybe if enough of us put that thought into the universe, the Law of Attraction will will it into reality.

C'mon everybody...kumbaya.
Originally posted by Schulzy:

he's still big pimpin' it

still gross though

So why post here then?

People often get "wound up" when others try to open their eyes. Anyone who thinks a move to LA is "highly unlikely" is in denial. Given the Yorks' tendencies, the state of the economy, the general attitude towards the 49ers in the Bay Area, the Raiders' resurgence, the demand for a pro football team in LA, and the NFL's history of not caring about "history" but rather about money, Los Angeles 49ers is a LOT more likely than people care to admit.

I don't think you have much credibility around here, but the last two posts have just destroyed it. Your previous post claims it is an "inevitability". Then your last post says it is "a lot more likely than people care to admit." So which is it?

And your justifications are weak, weak, weak. Not one of them really supports the argument. At all. So YOU FAIL.

• Veteran

he's still big pimpin' it

still gross though

Fist?

What did the four fingers say to the face?

It's not...
Jerry Jones is a beast!

Deluded??? Talk about being ironic considering you want the SAN FRANCISCO 49ers to move! Shouldn't it be that you should be preaching for them to stay????

I've told you in the past that your reasoning about LA being a football town, or a wannabe football town, is a moot point considering you had TWO teams that MOVED AWAY from there! You saying its inevitable that the 49ers will move there is also just a wishful thinking in your part. Where is your proof that they will if it's so inevitable??? And you saying you're just trying to "open our eyes"??? PUHLEASE.... Trolling is more like it!

If and ever, the only thing that the management want is for their stadium to be close to their homebase/HQ (Santa Clara)! So once again, F*CK the RAIDERS, for even bringing them up in the same category as the 49ers, and F*CK the thought of the 49ers moving to LA!

Share 49ersWebzone