There are 166 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Name the last significant win that the 49ers had

After watching the Raiders big win on Sunday, I realized that our team has not had a significant win like that for a very long time. Some may say "We swept the Cardinals last year". We also swept the Seahawks a couple of years ago but we still missed the playoffs by a lot. Those wins did not have any playoff intentions. I honestly think that the last time we had a big win was against the Wild Card game agains the Giants in 2002. It really sucks to see the Raiders finaly have a big win for their organization, and we are still stuck in the same place that we have been for the past 8 years.
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
After watching the Raiders big win on Sunday, I realized that our team has not had a significant win like that for a very long time. Some may say "We swept the Cardinals last year". We also swept the Seahawks a couple of years ago but we still missed the playoffs by a lot. Those wins did not have any playoff intentions. I honestly think that the last time we had a big win was against the Wild Card game agains the Giants in 2002. It really sucks to see the Raiders finaly have a big win for their organization, and we are still stuck in the same place that we have been for the past 8 years.

They say it's how you finish that makes certain wins "significant", let's see first if the Raiders can continue to win and take the West crown from the Chargers, because if they fail, this Raiders-hype will be but an afterthought.
Significance is one of those eye of the beholder type things... I bet Troy Smith thought the win across the pond was pretty significant.
Against the giants in the playoffs.
When we beat the Broncos on the road at the end of 2006.

-9fA
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Significance is one of those eye of the beholder type things... I bet Troy Smith thought the win across the pond was pretty significant.

victom of circumstance
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 20,110
It has to be the playoff game against the Giants when we came back from 30+ back. We haven't sniffed the playoffs since.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Nov 9, 2010 at 4:40 PM ]
Last week. It showed the suck that is Alex Smith, we would have lost with him in there.
that 80 yard bomb Nate threw in preseaon was cool
Originally posted by mayo49:
It has to be the playoff game against the Giants when we came back from 30+ back. We haven't sniffed the playoffs since.

sadly, this.
Before the Erickson Era.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
that 60 yard bomb Nate threw in preseaon was cool

Fixed. I was also there in person. Lost my voice after Pat sacked old man Favre.
TO's catch to beat Green Bay.

Since then the Niners were never again serious contenders. So I don't consider the following games as significant.

I knew the Niners were never going to get past the likes of the Bucs in 02 so even that Giants win was insignificant in my eyes
[ Edited by danimal on Nov 9, 2010 at 5:02 PM ]
Originally posted by susweel:
Against the giants in the playoffs.

Yep...even though we knew what was coming the following week.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home