There are 122 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

In two weeks the NFC West could be tied at 4-6

• DVDA
  • Veteran
Currently the 49ers are two games out of first place. In two weeks they could be in a four way tie for first place.

This week the 49ers and Rams match up in San Francisco. The Cardinals travel to Seattle to take on a reeling Seahawks team. If the 49ers and Cardinals win then the 49ers will be one game back with the other three teams at 4-5.

Next week the 49ers take on an overrated Buccaneers team at home. The Rams take on the Falcons at home, the Seahawks play at New Orleans, and Arizona plays at Kansas City. If the 49ers win a very winnable game and the other three lose against better opponents, there will be a 4 way tie in the putrid NFC West at 4-6. If this happens, it wont be out of the question for a 7-9 team to win this division.

Barrow's article on each NFC West teams remaining schedule
Originally posted by 23zack80:
Currently the 49ers are two games out of first place. In two weeks they could be in a four way tie for first place.

This week the 49ers and Rams match up in San Francisco. The Cardinals travel to Seattle to take on a reeling Seahawks team. If the 49ers and Cardinals win then the 49ers will be one game back with the other three teams at 4-5.

Next week the 49ers take on an overrated Buccaneers team at home. The Rams take on the Falcons at home, the Seahawks play at New Orleans, and Arizona plays at Kansas City. If the 49ers win a very winnable game and the other three lose against better opponents, there will be a 4 way tie in the putrid NFC West at 4-6. If this happens, it wont be out of the question for a 7-9 team to win this division.

TB is not overrated. They are playing every team tough and have a winning record to prove it.
Or we "could" be at 2-8.
TB has played well but they are coming to our house and are 30th in rush D, that might be our in to beat them....4-6 for all 4 teams is a real possibility
Originally posted by 23zack80:

LOL, the stars are aligning for the 49ers.
Way too much depending on what other teams losing, instead of what the niners can do. So it's good to be optimistic but in reality the chances of everything playing out perfectly is 0. The way the Cardinals played vs the vikings I can't expect them to beat anybody.

And why is Tampa Bay overrated? They beat the teams they were supposed to beat and they have a good young qb with play makers at WR. If the Niners had a good young qb and beat the teams they should have would they wouldn't be in a situation where everything depends on other teams losing.
[ Edited by lamontb on Nov 9, 2010 at 12:56 PM ]
Originally posted by lamontb:
Way too much depending on what other teams losing, instead of what the niners can do. So it's good to be optimistic but in reality the chances of everything playing out perfectly is 0. The way the Cardinals played vs the vikings I can't expect them to beat anybody.

And why is Tampa Bay overrated? They beat the teams they were supposed to beat and they have a good young qb with play makers at WR. If the Niners had a good young qb and beat the teams they should have would they wouldn't be in a situation where everything depends on other teams losing.

well being 2 games out with 5 div games to go, we've got the chance to deliver some of those losses and to be honest watching these nfc west teams play is like a train wreck i cant take my eyes off
As bad as a team we are I can't remember the last time the Bucs actually beat us over at the Stick so we may actually win that one
Not a good sign when you have to depend on other teams losing. This season is going to get better for the niners... but it will not play out like we would want it to.
in two weeks Alex might come back
Originally posted by crabman82:

well being 2 games out with 5 div games to go, we've got the chance to deliver some of those losses and to be honest watching these nfc west teams play is like a train wreck i cant take my eyes off

I thought my red zone channel was broke on Sunday but the Giants really were in the red zone the entire 1st half vs Seattle. It just let's you know how poor the Niners have been to get blown out of the water vs Seattle. If the Niners had beat the Panthers like they should have then this would be a totally different discussion. That would have gave them a 3 game winning streak and set gave us hope that they just aren't gonna fall on there faces again. But that lost making Matt Moore looking like Peyton Manning just leads me to believe that they will soon be making Max Hall or another scrub look great.
Originally posted by susweel:
Or we "could" be at 2-8.

• DVDA
  • Veteran

They have beat Cleveland, Carolina, Cincinnati, St. Louis, and Arizona. None of those teams have really lit it up this year with the exception of Cleveland in recent weeks. Four of those wins have been by 3 points or less.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
As bad as a team we are I can't remember the last time the Bucs actually beat us over at the Stick so we may actually win that one

Mooch's last year, they spanked us on the way to the superbowl. but I guess that was in Tampa Bay?
Damn! Out of all the West teams, we have the toughest remaining schedule?

f**k! This always happens every year. Schedule looks good before the season and then those same crap teams turn good.