LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 168 users in the forums

New play suggestion for Mike Johnson

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • dj43
Troy Smith's mobility opens up some new areas of play selection. Here is one that came across my desk. It is worth taking a look at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_srlVLiooM&feature=share

...this one could be used for Nate Davis

jk
I like it. To be clear I was referring to the OP's vid, NOT the follow up vid.

LB
[ Edited by leebert81 on Nov 9, 2010 at 8:14 AM ]
... unreal. Any defense would and should be crucified for allowing that to happen.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by oldman9er:
... unreal. Any defense would and should be crucified for allowing that to happen.

Somebody spiked the gatorade. FoRealz.

Hail Marry! Just once I want us to open a game with a Hail Marry. We never go deep
Originally posted by Dominate:
Hail Marry! Just once I want us to open a game with a Hail Marry. We never go deep

First play of the game against the Raiders play action pass to Morgan that he short arms. Went deep but punk ass Morgan b***hed out
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:

First play of the game against the Raiders play action pass to Morgan that he short arms. Went deep but punk ass Morgan b***hed out

Also the pass to Ginn than was picked.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Wodwo:

Also Troy overthrowing a bracketed receiver. Can't remember who.

Pretty sad when you can count them on one hand!

hook and lateral every play.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Also, I think Singletary should be more fond of "Hail Mary"... obvious reasons.

• Wodwo
  • Veteran

Yeah.... Especially when you've got a guy with Ginn's speed. I just will never get that.

Start the guy at split end and just throw deep three or four times a game, making sure that if you're gonna miss, overthrow him. Play out of the damn three wide formation. Morgan in the slot or Walker. Both can run block and catch over the middle.

After setting s**t up with Ginn and getting the CB to play off on his coverage, hit him with a receiver screen. s**t, slot guy on opposite side to unbalance the formation. Vernon Davis on the left. Davis, Staley, and Iupati out in front of Ginn on soft coverage? Money.

/rant

Considering they've only played eight games, counting them on one hand seems reasonable.
  • dj43

Yeah.... Especially when you've got a guy with Ginn's speed. I just will never get that.

Start the guy at split end and just throw deep three or four times a game, making sure that if you're gonna miss, overthrow him. Play out of the damn three wide formation. Morgan in the slot or Walker. Both can run block and catch over the middle.

After setting s**t up with Ginn and getting the CB to play off on his coverage, hit him with a receiver screen. s**t, slot guy on opposite side to unbalance the formation. Vernon Davis on the left. Davis, Staley, and Iupati out in front of Ginn on soft coverage? Money.

/rant
Put Ginn at QB like in the video. They would NEVER catch him.
Share 49ersWebzone