There are 145 users in the forums

Mid season grades

Shop Find 49ers gear online
anyone feel like posting their player by player grades? I would post mine, but I i'm not from sanfran and I don't know as much as you guys.
D
  • Antix
  • Veteran
They wouldn't be good...

And they'd only get a C for effort.
Overall Offense: F
Overall Defense: C-
Coaching: F
Originally posted by Lott49ersFan:

Would you say that the F on offense takes in account of the HORRIBLE coaching?

Because, without OUR coaches, I bet our offense would be more in the C range.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:

I would definitely take that into account. But, I would also credit much of it to the terrible QB play we've had all across the board with the exception of Troy Smith so far. I think if Smith can continue to play well, and the receivers start to make some plays (and the line blocks) that things can change in the second half despite the coaching. That's a lot of "ifs" though.
I was thinking player by player grades... but whatev
Originally posted by northvan49erman:

Too much effort, watching football. Hoping favre and his s**tty Vikings can pull out a win here.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

Too much effort, watching football. Hoping favre and his s**tty Vikings can pull out a win here.

This.

Plus, even if you don't know the team as well as you'd like, it would be helpful for a thread like this if you started with your own list. Even if you're way off of popular opinion, it'll start discussion. Just remember not to take anything personal.

Good thread idea, though. Just bad timing.
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Troy Smith-SS lol jk. Willis A, Justin Smith A, Gore B+, Iupati B, Lawson B. Only ones worth mentioning

I would definitely take that into account. But, I would also credit much of it to the terrible QB play we've had all across the board with the exception of Troy Smith so far. I think if Smith can continue to play well, and the receivers start to make some plays (and the line blocks) that things can change in the second half despite the coaching. That's a lot of "ifs" though.

As much as I'm not trying to turn this into an Alex Smith thread... Your statement basically says the QB was the catalyst for the s**tty grade. But then you are saying the receivers really haven't been making plays and the offensive line hasn't blocked. I think it's a much fairer assessment to say our offense, on ALL cylinders, has really been poor and therefore TOGETHER they earn the bad grade.

As much as I'm not trying to turn this into an Alex Smith thread... Your statement basically says the QB was the catalyst for the s**tty grade. But then you are saying the receivers really haven't been making plays and the offensive line hasn't blocked. I think it's a much fairer assessment to say our offense, on ALL cylinders, has really been poor and therefore TOGETHER they earn the bad grade.

I agree.
The principal got a copy of Professor Singlecell's students' grades. They were all surprisingly low. Hmmm, he thought, knowing that most of the students were better than that.

After some investigation he found that the professor was spending his class time motivating the students, convincing them they would be hugely successful and have wonderful lives.

There was a problem, though, as it turned out that the professor was teaching an old form of accounting predating Mrs. Brown's cow that burnt Chicago to the ground.

The students tried to make the old system relevant to today, and some actually succeeded, but most just were confused.

The principal wanted to retain Professor Sing, hoping that nobody would notice, but the newspapers and internet just made this impossible to hide, so he hired a new and qualified professor, gave him some time to reteach the class and then retested the students.

Not surprisingly, they did much better.

If this was just a fable, the principal would have retired to a gated golden ghetto.

So, HC = F, players = Incomplete, to be retested after proper instruction.
F-
Originally posted by Wodwo:

This.

Plus, even if you don't know the team as well as you'd like, it would be helpful for a thread like this if you started with your own list. Even if you're way off of popular opinion, it'll start discussion. Just remember not to take anything personal.

Good thread idea, though. Just bad timing.

Yeah I would, except I hate it when people post opinions about stuff they don't know about... Plus we've only had 2 niners games televised this year.
Share 49ersWebzone