LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 298 users in the forums

Fined for this?!?!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
wow..u got to be kidding me..lawsons hit was by the book.why even botherblitzin the qb if u cant hit him. drop everyone into coverage then
Roger Goodell is a C_________R

Troy Palomalu was right
Originally posted by Pfield9er:
wow..u got to be kidding me..lawsons hit was by the book.why even botherblitzin the qb if u cant hit him. drop everyone into coverage then

that's the worst part man. That they actually REVIEWED this film and decided that he should be fined. f**king horrible!!!! The players will only keep quiet about this for so long. Then all hell will break loose.
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Originally posted by 49ersNoKaOi:
This is fxckn ridiculous.

-

Shaka Brah!

That's like Osama throwing peace signs. Fxckn retarded, get this ish out of here.

-
  • Antix
  • Veteran
I hate how the league is just destroying defense. It's almost pointless to do anything on D cuz if you dont get fined then its an automatic first down penalty.

And it's only gonna get worse..they'll be playing flag football soon.
if I'm a defender, zeroing in on a QB blindside, I'm going to be thinking, "Big hit or keep 15k in my pocket?" 15K!!!!!!
now we know why cromartie doesnt tackle, he cant get fined he needs the loot for child support
Originally posted by Antix:
I hate how the league is just destroying defense. It's almost pointless to do anything on D cuz if you dont get fined then its an automatic first down penalty.

And it's only gonna get worse..they'll be playing flag football soon.

Goodell's aim is to favor the offense so they will put up more points, which leads to more entertaining football, that will help sell the NFL overseas.
the downfall of the NFL has begun.
No fun league.

I wonder if Orten wasn't "acting" when he was rolling around trying to draw a penalty. I bet had he got up and acted like the hit didn't affect him and was a man about it no fine would have been rendered.

You know GODell is trying to appeal to Europe by allowing faking injuries to get an advantage in the game. Just like the world's coveted Soccer.
Guys,

How has every single one of you missed the point that Goodell is simply trying to protect the players from injury? We should be applauding him. Obviously, unlike Madden, there is no "injury off" option in real life. Therefore, Goodell has come up with a method for simulating the injury off button in live futbol...sorry, I meant football.

Goodell For War General!!! No shooting below the knees or above the neck...or in the chest.
I don't think it's possible to sack a QB anymore.
Originally posted by TheNef77:
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Originally posted by Allx9er:
ok now how are they suppose to get the qb down....use harsh language or something wtf

Now lay down or I shall taunt you a second time...

Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
Guys,

How has every single one of you missed the point that Goodell is simply trying to protect the players from injury? We should be applauding him. Obviously, unlike Madden, there is no "injury off" option in real life. Therefore, Goodell has come up with a method for simulating the injury off button in live futbol...sorry, I meant football.

Goodell For War General!!! No shooting below the knees or above the neck...or in the chest.

This is football bro. They get paid mega millions for hitting each other. I understand you have to protect the players, but, hitting is a party of the game. If you can't stop an average OLB fom doing a stunt and getting a free shot, then Orton shouldn't have stood tall and try to throw a pass. He got hit clean and the No Fun LEague is telling manny, "good play, but we're gonna fine the s**t out of u because we need the money during the lock out season to make payroll."

A lot of silly fines have been handed out to the tune of tens of thousands of dollars per week. They used the Djax hit, which was high profile because of Djax, to further their agenda. Like that was the only major hit we've seen in NFL history.

Besides the injuries, Goodall has essentially eliminated celebrations. You can't have team celebrations anymore, use props, use the football (besides spinking), excess celebrations, tweet during games, attempting to ban Ocho Cinco from changing his name. The legal system stepped in the way of their tyrannical asses for that one.

It might be time to bring in the legal system again. Handing out arbitrary fines for clean hits that don't even render a flag? Changing the rules mid season without true discussions with the players association and the owners? They are out of control and should be sued pretty soon here.
Share 49ersWebzone