LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 220 users in the forums

49ers looking to raise ticket prices for 2011

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
It's absurd for a constantly losing team to expect a price increase, it goes against the basics of sports management.
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Originally posted by rage49:
So let me get this straight...

The team can't put a winning product on the field, resulting in lower revenue through lower ticket sales and merchandising, so the answer is to punish those die hard fans who stick with the team through thick and thin?

It appears the disease that inflicts our Federal Government is starting to affect private businesses as well. Punish the golden goose.

Exactly why several of us have vowed to stop buying tickets and merch until they can produce a wining product...

Join the club:

Giving up my season tickets

They are not getting another f**king dime from me until they turn their s**t around. I can live with watching from my 58" HD plasma for a while.
I think it's a great idea. It'll keep fans away and show the ownership that they better lower prices again, build a stadium and hire experienced HC to be successful.
LOL....damn them York's.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
This is good.

People complain, but they still show up. When you have demand, you increase price. Economics 101. Complain about the quality of the product, sure. But you'll still buy a ticket, even if you say you won't. The NFL knows this, the Niners know this.

Even if this team went 0-16 for 10 straight years, they'd still need to raise ticket prices year-on-year in an attempt to get competitive and beat inflationary costs.

People b***hing about raising ticket prices is one of the two reasons the Bills will move out of Buffalo (Wilson's family not wanting an inheritance tax being the other). You can't b***h about having a bad team while simultaneously complain about rising ticket prices. Somebody has to flip the bill for acquiring talent. Changing owners isn't a possibility, get realistic.

If you want to hate on rising ticket costs, then hate on the reasons they rise. Namely: Overwhelming demand for all things NFL. Fans are the reason ticket prices rise. That's not a point open to debate.

"Give me a new stadium, blah blah blah"
"Give me a competitive team, rabble rabble rabble"
"Fire Singletary, eat the remainder of his contract and bring in a top-notch guy!"
"Draft Luck or Locker, give him a crapload of money to save our franchise!"

But don't you DARE raise my ticket price to help these efforts!

Get real.
the yorkies are disgusting, but smart when it comes to taking money from hard-working, loyal americans.

said the yorkies, "hehehe, it's like taking candy from a tiny baby, hehehe, these vulnerable, ignorant fans, hehehe, let's rip them off some more... we'll provide them with a s**tty team and they'll still fork up the big dollars to watch this lousy team suck for decades, bwahahahahahahahahha"
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Originally posted by rage49:
So let me get this straight...

The team can't put a winning product on the field, resulting in lower revenue through lower ticket sales and merchandising, so the answer is to punish those die hard fans who stick with the team through thick and thin?

It appears the disease that inflicts our Federal Government is starting to affect private businesses as well. Punish the golden goose.

Exactly why several of us have vowed to stop buying tickets and merch until they can produce a wining product...

Join the club:

Giving up my season tickets

They are not getting another f**king dime from me until they turn their s**t around. I can live with watching from my 58" HD plasma for a while.

I don't blame you guys one bit. Living out on the east coast, I buy into the NFL Sunday Ticket every year to watch my beloved niners and found myself looking for a refund by week 4.
Originally posted by jesserdumas2:
So apparently the cost of a ticket is going to go up next season, I think there's little doubt that will happen (if there is actually a season, that is). Also, there's little doubt that the team will again be watching the playoffs from their respective Davenport's come this January. Barring some spectacular turnaround that finds the team within a breath of the Super Bowl, it seems pretty obvious that this coaching regime will likely be ousted for taking a team with legitimate talent at key positions, and spurring them on to vastly underachieve.

All that being the case, it looks as though some kind of "rebuilding" project is upon us yet again, meaning next year probably won't be all that competitive either, yet the cost of the product on the field will raise for no reason apparent to the average fan. This could get ugly. It's extremely important that the York's send a message to the fanbase with this next regime that things actually will be different this time. They need a proven winner, someone who could legitimately step in and start putting this house in order. Again, there is legitimate talent on this roster and it's feasible that the window on a playoff run in the annually weak NFC West will remain open next year.

Not to start rumors based on speculation, but earlier today on "The Dan Patrick Show", Mike Holmgren came on and was asked about coaching again. Holmgren intimated that he misses the control over what happened on Sundays but was unsure of his next move. If there is even a sliver of an opening to entice Holmgren back to the sidelines, Jed York better do everything in his power to make that happen. A coach with that kind of pedigree and close ties to the glory years would make for a very nice salve to a wounded fanbase and when you consider just two more non-winning seasons will make it an entire decade of futility, and we're still 5 years away from a legitimate stadium upgrade, ownership must do something to let us know they're at least aware we're here.
If this season end up another bombed season ppl should say f*ck the Dorks & their old a$$ stadium

thats bull jacking up the prices for a old beat up stadium just because they dont want to come out the pocket for the new stadium

YOU WANT THAT NEW STADIUM BAD DORKS STOP BEING STINGY & PAY FOR IT F*CKERS!!!!

SAY NO TO BUYING TICKETS FROM A LOSING ORGANIZATION!!!!

Originally posted by area49:
Ed Roski wouldn't do this, and neither would Casey Wasserman or Magic Johnson.

The 49ers aren't going to LA.

Get over it.

They want to raise ticket prices, but LOWER the quality of football played on that field, only to watch them lose each and every home game. LMAO Jed York, good luck with filling those seats, I'd rather watch The 2004 Niners and Tim Rattay.
Originally posted by kstolai:
Originally posted by wolfman61:
improve the product.then ask for a raise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Will they still sell? YES.

So why the hell not?

The people complaining either don't buy tickets anyway, but the ones that do just complain and keep buying anyway......so you really should stop complaining
[ Edited by danimal on Nov 4, 2010 at 12:45 PM ]
If this team finishes where I think they will, 7-9, AND my season ticket prices go up, AND the new stadium gets delayed, I will NOT be renewing for 2011. The 49ers organization is making what used to be the unthinkable for me a very easy decision. I will just buy tickets for any games I wish to attend rather than paying in advance for the privilege to witness an entire season of poor performance. But hey, that season ticket holder/lanyard they included this season sure did make me feel better...NOT.
Share 49ersWebzone