LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 244 users in the forums

On Getting Torched by Brandon Lloyd

Shop Find 49ers gear online
It was simply embarrassing...
  • dmax
  • Veteran
Manusky gets out coached every game...he should be fired along with singletary
i dont care who torches us aslong as we win, theres been too many games where we play well and lose, getting torched and winning kinda feels good
Originally posted by Oscar:
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I figured Lloyd would have a big game against us...he was catching everything in sight and badly beat our beleaguered secondary too many times. Two things account for that...lack of pressure on Orton and DB's who can't cover a good WR like him. Clements and Mays both got beat like a drum. I'll still give Mays a rookie discount...but he'll need to make a lot more plays in the 2nd half of the season. One guy who did look pretty good was Will James...I wouldn't mind seeing him replace Clements.

I disagree with a couple of basic premises here. We DID pressure Orton. Remember that two of our sacks were disallowed over some wimpy roughing the passer penalties. (Looking at the stat sheet we have 4 sacks and both Brooks and Lawson have a sack, so maybe they were credited anyway. I'm not sure on the reporting on this one) And Manny Lawson's strip was due to pressure flushing Orton from the pocket.

And as for Will James, he was the culprit on many of Lloyd's catches. The TD comes to mind immediately. I don't know why we didn't have Spencer shadow him, but whatever.

So, I ask you, what did you see in the game that would lead you to believe that James should replace Clements?

That's what I posted. Will James is our nickel corner. Took over for T. Brown but has played just as poorly. Telling ya we should have kept Dre Bly.
  • Oscar
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
I figured Lloyd would have a big game against us...he was catching everything in sight and badly beat our beleaguered secondary too many times. Two things account for that...lack of pressure on Orton and DB's who can't cover a good WR like him. Clements and Mays both got beat like a drum. I'll still give Mays a rookie discount...but he'll need to make a lot more plays in the 2nd half of the season. One guy who did look pretty good was Will James...I wouldn't mind seeing him replace Clements.

I disagree with a couple of basic premises here. We DID pressure Orton. Remember that two of our sacks were disallowed over some wimpy roughing the passer penalties. (Looking at the stat sheet we have 4 sacks and both Brooks and Lawson have a sack, so maybe they were credited anyway. I'm not sure on the reporting on this one) And Manny Lawson's strip was due to pressure flushing Orton from the pocket.

And as for Will James, he was the culprit on many of Lloyd's catches. The TD comes to mind immediately. I don't know why we didn't have Spencer shadow him, but whatever.

So, I ask you, what did you see in the game that would lead you to believe that James should replace Clements?

That's what I posted. Will James is our nickel corner. Took over for T. Brown but has played just as poorly. Telling ya we should have kept Dre Bly.

I thought T. Brown showed some promise. Funny how he fell from replacing Clements as a starter last season to the dime back. Did he really decline that much?

Bly is at home in his sweats right now.

I don't believe your statement is braggable.
Originally posted by redrathman:

I can't see why? He had what 3 picks last year as our nickel corner? Now we're stuck with Will James, who?

I thought T. Brown showed some promise. Funny how he fell from replacing Clements as a starter last season to the dime back. Did he really decline that much?

Honestly I think Clements is playing better this year. Yes I know he's not worth the money he's getting but it is what it is until there's a better option. And it's not Will James or even Tarrel Brown.

I think maybe Tarrel is not studying hard enough. He has the physical talent.

Actually having 3 ints, 1 sack and 2 forced fumbles out of your #3 corner is pretty braggable

Actually having 3 ints, 1 sack and 2 forced fumbles out of your #3 corner is pretty braggable

SWEATS

• Wodwo
  • Veteran

We got pressure.

We just have soft coverage and Lloyd has become a monster. Lloyd is not the same kid he was when he played for us. I don't know about anyone else, but I sensed a complete attitude change from the guy. It's almost like he finally grew up.

Brandon Lloyd is a GROWN ASS MAN.
  • DJD
  • Veteran
RECEIVING YARDS YDS

1. Brandon Lloyd, DEN 878
2. Roddy White, ATL 747
3. Antonio Gates, SD 663
4. Miles Austin, DAL 641
5. Reggie Wayne, IND 641

Let's not feel too bad folks, other than to see a former draft pick of ours leading the league in receiving yards by a whopping 130 at mid season. He's obviously matured and is flourishing in McDaniel's system.

I predicted it too, sitting in the seats of the game, telling my bronco's fan buddy I made the trip with that Lloyd is going to have a huge game as soon as we took our seats.
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by Macas:
Lack of pressure...every game, the QB has 5 seconds to throw the ball. We never EVER blitz.

I heard the commentators a few weeks ago talking about how Manusky trusts the front 3 to get pressure...except that they don't.

the strange thing is, teams that don't ever blitz are usually better against defending screens than we are, because they are't caught as out of position in such cases.

Not always. We usually play a deep cover shell on long distance downs to defend the pass. That leaves us susceptible to the screen which is the trade-off that is involved.

-9fA
Originally posted by DJD:
RECEIVING YARDS YDS

1. Brandon Lloyd, DEN 878
2. Roddy White, ATL 747
3. Antonio Gates, SD 663
4. Miles Austin, DAL 641
5. Reggie Wayne, IND 641

Let's not feel too bad folks, other than to see a former draft pick of ours leading the league in receiving yards by a whopping 130 at mid season. He's obviously matured and is flourishing in McDaniel's system.

I predicted it too, sitting in the seats of the game, telling my bronco's fan buddy I made the trip with that Lloyd is going to have a huge game as soon as we took our seats.

Looks like a big time WR is overrated. Most of those teams have losing records.
I don't know what your smoking, but Clements is and always has been our best CB. rarely does Clements make mistakes and when he does its because the saftey is supposed to watch the man over the top and misses his assignment(Goldston) so it looks like clements fault.
Share 49ersWebzone