There are 280 users in the forums

Joe Staley & Notorious 'Blown TO' Called; 107.7 Bone, this morning (funny story)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
anyone know at what point in the game this happened?? I wanna see if it's noticeable. quarter, time?

i think it was one of these timeouts

M.Prater kicks 70 yards from DEN 30 to SF 0. T.Ginn to SF 22 for 22 yards (K.McCarthy).
1st and 10 at SF 22 F.Gore right guard to SF 24 for 2 yards (D.Williams).
2nd and 8 at SF 24 F.Gore left guard to SF 31 for 7 yards (C.Bailey). Official measurement, ruled short
3rd and 1 at SF 31 F.Gore up the middle to SF 34 for 3 yards (B.Dawkins).
Timeout #1 by SF at 12:50.
1st and 10 at SF 34 T.Smith pass short left to M.Crabtree ran ob at SF 46 for 12 yards (D.Williams).
1st and 10 at SF 46 F.Gore right tackle to DEN 49 for 5 yards (R.McBean).
2nd and 5 at DEN 49 F.Gore left guard to SF 49 for -2 yards (D.Williams).
Timeout #2 by SF at 11:01.
3rd and 7 at SF 49 (Shotgun) F.Gore up the middle to DEN 49 for 2 yards (D.Williams).
4th and 5 at DEN 49 (Punt formation) A.Lee punts 38 yards to DEN 11, Center-B.Jennings, fair catch by E.Royal.

It definitely had to be the second blown TO, cause our team always seems to be dysfunctional in that area of the field.
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Nov 2, 2010 at 10:44 AM ]
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by 49ersNoKaOi:
Anywhere you can watch real highlights to this game, nfl.com has like 33 seconds.

i believe you can buy the entire game on iTunes for pretty cheap.
Originally posted by boast:
Anywhere you can watch real highlights to this game, nfl.com has like 33 seconds.

Thanks.
Originally posted by susweel:
Troy Smith looks calm and collective in his third career start while #11 still looks like a deer in headlights.

dude, now you are just trolling. This has nothing to do with Alex Smith yet you bring him up

EVERY thread......eventually.

What is this now we cant compare QBs that are on our current roster. Are you Alex lover's really getting so sensitive. Is it because your messiah is hurt right now so that makes you guys overly sensitive.

This is very good. Our offense appears to be far too tight. Hopefully, this plays for the positive.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

Staley was also commenting that Troy had a firm 'vice-like' grasp of the huddle for being a guy who hasn't started a game in practically 2 years, and it seemed like Troy had full control of the huddle, as well as a 'loose' attitude/calm demeanor (with a sense of humor) when going about the nuances of getting everybody ready before lining up.

I think this is very insightful

we've lacked this at the qb position since Garcia left
Troy Smith looks calm and collective in his third career start while #11 still looks like a deer in headlights.

dude, now you are just trolling. This has nothing to do with Alex Smith yet you bring him up

NOW???? LOL!!!!
Originally posted by Gavintech:

NOW???? LOL!!!!

Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

Staley was also commenting that Troy had a firm 'vice-like' grasp of the huddle for being a guy who hasn't started a game in practically 2 years, and it seemed like Troy had full control of the huddle, as well as a 'loose' attitude/calm demeanor (with a sense of humor) when going about the nuances of getting everybody ready before lining up.

I think this is very insightful

we've lacked this at the qb position since Garcia left

this is something to really keep an eye on as the weeks go on. Troy has been lauded for his leadership ability ever since his Ohio State days. It seems that he is a natural leader. We don't have nearly enough leadership on this team--from Jed on down.

It has everything to do with #11 because both are QBs on the 49ERS. Everything Troy does will be compared to #11 until #11 is no longer on the team.

Like it or not its a fact.

Dang man, this coaching staff is gonna get yanked at the end of the season. What clowns!!! The fact that Troy did that speaks volumes about his command of the huddle and leading his team especially given the short amount of time given to him to get acclimated to the squad. Impressive really.

This bodes well for this offense. We need definite leadership at the helm and now we have it. Therefore, I expect us to be better offensively in the second half of the season beginning with the Rams.

What's great, too, is that there is a limited amount of film on him. It will be hard preparing for him especially with all his mobility skills. Man, some of his jukes were awesome to buy time to do something. Alex has legs too, but Troy's were more assertive and confident.

He's exactly what this teams need now. Great timing and so glad Carr is still riding pine.

i dvr all 49er games and SHORTCUTS and would love to be taught how to transfer the shortcuts off the dvr and somehow post it here for us to analyze. anyone???

mondays = full day of football because of the shortcuts, espn and nfl highlights do no justice on how the games really went. it's a really great feature.

troy smith sounding more like the leader the team is looking for.
[ Edited by keeferr75 on Nov 2, 2010 at 11:47 AM ]
Man, Singletary better give T.Smith the start against the Rams. You know Alex is gonna say he's ready to go regardless. He knows he's about to, if not already, lose his job.

If he doesn't Alex Smith will get boo'd before his first snap and the we want Troy chants will start before the first series is over...
Originally posted by Eduardo75:
Man, Singletary better give T.Smith the start against the Rams. You know Alex is gonna say he's ready to go regardless. He knows he's about to, if not already, lose his job.

If he doesn't Alex Smith will get boo'd before his first snap and the we want Troy chants will start before the first series is over...

I can already hear the boos after every incomplete Alex Smith pass.
Just makes it clear that the coaching staff cannot even fix the small automatic stuff let alone come up with any sort of plan of attack for this team.

Bring on a new staff as soon as the season ends please.
Share 49ersWebzone