There are 277 users in the forums

NFC West: 2.5 Games Back - 5 Divisional Games Left

Shop Find 49ers gear online
All I see on this board is that our season is lost.

What kind of fans are you?

If we stay with Alex Smith, who knows the whole playbook and continues to improve, we have a shot at this.

Singletary said the team bonded in London, then they won, and now we get rest on our Bye.

Then we play an OVERRATED Rams team.

Greenbay and SD are the toughest left on our schedule. We can beat both teams.

Our CB's are playing solid. Mays and Goldson are the only week links on the defense.

Alex Smith will get healthy and lead our team. The season isnt over yet.

*I'm not against Troy Smith. I watched the game and he scrambled better than Alex, but other than that, he does not have the same talent.
1.Yes
2. After the Bye week
I think if they finish strong now then we have a great shot but we need to hurt Sam Bradford and Hasselbeck
Originally posted by Youngone:
I think if they finish strong now then we have a great shot but we need to hurt Sam Bradford and Hasselbeck

Agreed. Our defense needs to start hurting people. We need these QB's and WR's scared to play us.
I don't get it. 2.5 games back with 5 divisional games left? Are we playing the same team 5 times?

We are 2.5 games back with 2 divisional games left against the Rams and Cards and only 1 left against SEA.

That means if we win all of them, we are still 0.5 games back. So far, the "overrated" Rams are beating teams we have lost to. Let us hope teams begin to improve against that rookie QB as more film is there to look at.
the Pump-fake: something that Troy Smith has and ALEX Smith doesn't
Originally posted by Joecool:
I don't get it. 2.5 games back with 5 divisional games left? Are we playing the same team 5 times?

We are 2.5 games back with 2 divisional games left against the Rams and Cards and only 1 left against SEA.

That means if we win all of them, we are still 0.5 games back. So far, the "overrated" Rams are beating teams we have lost to. Let us hope teams begin to improve against that rookie QB as more film is there to look at.

I said 5 dividional games left, right?

Cards twice
Rams twice
Hawks once

That makes five...

We need to win all 5.

Its better than our record being 2-6 and only have 2-3 divisional games left.
Originally posted by John-ATL:
All I see on this board is that our season is lost.

What kind of fans are you?

If we stay with Alex Smith, who knows the whole playbook and continues to improve, we have a shot at this.

Singletary said the team bonded in London, then they won, and now we get rest on our Bye.

Then we play an OVERRATED Rams team.

Greenbay and SD are the toughest left on our schedule. We can beat both teams.

Our CB's are playing solid. Mays and Goldson are the only week links on the defense.

Alex Smith will get healthy and lead our team. The season isnt over yet.

*I'm not against Troy Smith. I watched the game and he scrambled better than Alex, but other than that, he does not have the same talent.

I appreciate the confidence you have in them, but Mike Singletary will coach his last game as a 49ers coach if he puts Alex Smith in over Troy. Smith had his chance with 7 games and failed badly with only 1 win. I don't want to let him "continue improving" at the sake of our team's overall record.

He's done. Curtains are closed. Move on. 80% of fans have.
do I think we will finish strong, yes....But the Rams and Seahawks have to lose and they the Rams just aren't as bad as everyone says they are. And, probably are better than us.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
You think we have a "chance" to win the division, with Alex Smith to boot? I think you need a drug test.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by BobS:
You think we have a "chance" to win the division, with Alex Smith to boot? I think you need a drug test.
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by BobS:
Originally posted by Youngone:

The giants will take care of hasselbeck if he suits up.
Originally posted by John-ATL:
Originally posted by Joecool:

I said 5 dividional games left, right?

Cards twice
Rams twice
Hawks once

That makes five...

We need to win all 5.

Its better than our record being 2-6 and only have 2-3 divisional games left.

Yes it is better but now we don't hold our fate in our own hands. If we win all, we will still be 0.5 games back. We will need these teams to lose one of the non head-to-head games.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I think the Rams are gonna win the division.

cant believe I just said that.
Share 49ersWebzone