There are 140 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The niners made a waiver claim [on LB Gibson]

Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
dammit I thought it was going to be Randy Moss!

Me too!!!
Originally posted by Quitugua:
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
dammit I thought it was going to be Randy Moss!

Me too!!!

c'mon guys. You should know better. If that happened, there would be 20 new threads with the news within minutes.
Gibson was a stud athlete at OSU....not sure why Pitt gave up on him, but he's definitely worth developing if healthy and has the right attitude.
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Nov 1, 2010 at 4:37 PM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Championship.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Gibson was a stud athlete at OSU....not sure why Pitt gave up on him, but he's definitely worth developing if healthy and has the right attitude.

Pittsburgh needed defensive line depth. Gibson was the low man behind Harrison, Woodley and Worilds.
  • RKab
  • Veteran
Yeah supposedly with the Aaron Smith injury they needed more line depth but were hoping to get Gibson back.

Sounds like a nice pass rush project. I won't complain about a guy coming from Pittsburgh's D who they were not necessarily wanting to lose. I hope it works out for him here.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

they said they wanted to put him on their practice squad. They brought up a DT from their practice squad cause their DL is banged up
so merriman
So who are we giving up to make room? Hopefully its Singletary... or Mike Johnson
If your going to get a re-tread linebacker you might as well get one from the Steelers, I guess.

Anyone know if he's fast?
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by susweel:
actually seems like an okay move. another potential replacement for Haralson. But we really need another ILB. Bowman should not be getting the amount of snaps that he's getting.

But Sing said that Bowman reminds him of Patrick Willis.

Bowman reminds me of Patrick Willis too: he reminds me that Patrick Willis is a lot better than he is.
lol

and we wouldnt be seeing that much of bowman, if mckillop hadn't got hurt. Bowman needs some serious work.
Someone is either injured, or going to get lopped off. Could this be the end of Haralson? It appears Manny, Brooks and LaBoy are the main forces on the outside now.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
How many more Ohio State guys can we get?

Ahmed Plummer might be available for a return to the NFL.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
actually seems like an okay move. another potential replacement for Haralson. But we really need another ILB. Bowman should not be getting the amount of snaps that he's getting.

Bowman reminds me of Patrick Willis too: he reminds me that Patrick Willis is a lot better than he is.
lol

and we wouldnt be seeing that much of bowman, if mckillop hadn't got hurt. Bowman needs some serious work.

yeah. I like Bowman long-term, but he's just not good enough yet. Losing McKillop really f**ked up our depth--he was better last year than Bowman is this year--and we haven't done anything to address it. Kind of annoying.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:

lol

yeah. I like Bowman long-term, but he's just not good enough yet. Losing McKillop really f**ked up our depth--he was better last year than Bowman is this year--and we haven't done anything to address it. Kind of annoying.

Yeah, i can see taht bowman will be good, but right now his blown tackles are killer. He missed 2-3 during the game yesterday on d, and maybe another 2-3 on special teams.

And I will have nightmares for the rest of the year of Kevin Kolb faking him out with a pump fake, past the line of scrimmage.