There are 88 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

play calling on our last drive with the game on the line

• Shemp
  • Veteran
great game, but that last drive reminded me of Mooch... playing not to lose instead of putting a dagger in the heart when you have a lead late in the game. Very conservative and anything but "fysical". And what's with playing Anthony Dixon as if it was garbage time?
Gotta give the D a chance to win, that's the filosophy.
i woulda done a play action bootleg and have smith have the option to run or pass, but what do i know...
reminded me of last year against Minnesota.

It was pathetic, IMO. At least it didn't cost us the game.
Smith didn't know a lot of the playbook, the defense had been playing good, and there were no turnovers at that point.

And we won the game. I'll take it
It was typical Singletary.
Originally posted by WestCoast:
i woulda done a play action bootleg and have smith have the option to run or pass, but what do i know...

Same, I would have called just one pass, even a high percentage pass out to the flat or something. But hey, that's why I'm not an OC.

-9fA
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by FourNine49:
Smith didn't know a lot of the playbook, the defense had been playing good, and there were no turnovers at that point.

What playbook? We ran the same plays we ran with A.Smith as we did Troy. We have 15 plays tops and 11 of them are runs up the middle. Our playbook could fit on a napkin from Dennys. Other than that im like you about the teams performance.
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:

What playbook? We ran the same plays we ran with A.Smith as we did Troy. We have 15 plays tops and 11 of them are runs up the middle. Our playbook could fit on a napkin from Dennys. Other than that im like you about the teams performance.

Barely any 3 WR sets, limited amounts of play action. Troy was working with the bare bones today.
Originally posted by NickSh49:

Barely any 3 WR sets, limited amounts of play action. Troy was working with the bare bones today.

Hopefully they get this fixed over the bye week. For some odd reason the division title is still in reach. A very distant one with our HC but in reach
Originally posted by susweel:

This.

Not to mention, when Sing finally decides to give Gore a rest, the game is on the line. Go figure... The man defies logic by the amount of stupidity he exudes.
Originally posted by Shaj:
great game, but that last drive reminded me of Mooch... playing not to lose instead of putting a dagger in the heart when you have a lead late in the game. Very conservative and anything but "fysical". And what's with playing Anthony Dixon as if it was garbage time?

The last 4 possessions period, 2 offensively and 2 defensively... If we'd had lost that game, I would have put ALL the blame on the coaching staff... O and D calls down the stretch were absolutely horrid!!!!!
Originally posted by NickSh49:

Also wanted to add redzone and 2 minute offense.

If Troy Smith had Alex Smith's grasp on the offense, MJ would dial up a better ball game. MJ didn't feel the need to call more passes until the Broncos took the lead late in the game.

I'm interested to know MJ's thoughts on Troy Smith now.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by WestCoast:

Same, I would have called just one pass, even a high percentage pass out to the flat or something. But hey, that's why I'm not an OC.

-9fA

It would have worked but why don't our bootlegs ever fool anyone unless it's in the endzone.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home