LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 324 users in the forums

Which Smith should start Week 10?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Which Smith should start Week 10?

Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Alex Smith has proved to be injury prone. How many seasons has he been injured now?

3 out of 6 seasons. Say what you want but on top of not performing up to par he's getting hurt a lot.

Alex Smith is the only 49er QB ever to take every snap in a single season
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

~ Snakeplissken

great job.....the part about being playing well at "TE for the Bucs" killed me, lol.

if there is anything positive about the guy, you have to add it to the list.....it is needed.

Eh, don't doubt my words or I'll have my buddy mod raise your warning level! Troy Smith bad, Alex Smith good, it's all positives! *combs Freddy Mercury mustache*

~ Snakeplissken
Originally posted by susweel:
Alex Smith has proved to be injury prone. How many seasons has he been injured now?

3 out of 6 seasons. Say what you want but on top of not performing up to par he's getting hurt a lot.

I said this when he got hurt and people got all butt hurt over it. The dude has weak shoulders.

Not a dependable choice to keep as your starting QB. Beyond all the other reasons. But I can see it now, "we didn't get a chance to evaluate him enough"
Originally posted by valrod33:

Yeah I'm aware of that. And?
I'm voting for Troy on this one. I have watched Alex Smith play, and I always have a sick feeling in my stomach that I knew eventually we would falter in almost every scenario we were in. But, even with Troy's un-impressive numbers, I felt a true will and ability to win this past Sunday. It really seemed like an energy that started come from the entire team. I even turned to my buddy while the game was happening, and said, I don't know what it is about this kid, but he has me thinking that we can win. And I haven't honestly felt that way any time I have watched Alex Smith play. Just for that feeling alone, I'm rolling with Troy on this one until proven otherwise. Go Niners!
Originally posted by daragon:
I'm voting for Troy on this one. I have watched Alex Smith play, and I always have a sick feeling in my stomach that I knew eventually we would falter in almost every scenario we were in. But, even with Troy's un-impressive numbers, I felt a true will and ability to win this past Sunday. It really seemed like an energy that started come from the entire team. I even turned to my buddy while the game was happening, and said, I don't know what it is about this kid, but he has me thinking that we can win. And I haven't honestly felt that way any time I have watched Alex Smith play. Just for that feeling alone, I'm rolling with Troy on this one until proven otherwise. Go Niners!

Really?
63.2% not very impressive
192 yards not so impressive
10.3 ypc is very impressive
1TD 0INT nice
115.2 rating very impressive
1 rushing TD very nice

I wouldn't completely agree with the bold.

That spells out: "NOT INJURY PRONE".
Originally posted by susweel:

I said this when he got hurt and people got all butt hurt over it. The dude has weak shoulders.

One of my first comments when he was drafted was that he was too skinny and fragile looking. Being a California boy with ties to Cal Berkley, I too was leaning towards Rodgers.

In my opinion he played against tougher opponents, took a lot of licks but like a Timex watch, just kept on ticking.
  • Envy
  • Veteran
Honestly I would go with Alex. I'm not an Alex fan either but Troy had a very good 4Q but was also very average throughout the rest of the game.
Originally posted by Envy:
Honestly I would go with Alex. I'm not an Alex fan either but Troy had a very good 4Q but was also very average throughout the rest of the game.

Maybe we weren't watching the same game? Troy wasn't exactly turned loose until later in the game when it looked like the run, run smash em in the mouth wasn't gonna work.

Originally posted by Kauaiguy:
Originally posted by Envy:

Maybe we weren't watching the same game? Troy wasn't exactly turned loose until later in the game when it looked like the run, run smash em in the mouth wasn't gonna work.

Kauaiguy, check out the stats: Troy played well throughout the game except for the 2nd quarter when he ONLY threw 3 passes.
Originally posted by Gavintech:

That spells out: injured in 07, 08, and 2010. He keeps getting injured in the same area(s). How much money should we invest in those shoulders??

That spells out: injured in 07, 08, and 2010. He keeps getting injured in the same area(s). How much money should we invest in those eyebrows??

everything
Originally posted by Afrikan:

That spells out: injured in 07, 08, and 2010. He keeps getting injured in the same area(s). How much money should we invest in those eyebrows??

everything

Editing my post huh
Alex should never take the field again in a Niner uniform. We wasted six years on the Golden Boy.
Share 49ersWebzone