LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 283 users in the forums

Something I found refreshing

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I don't know what is going to happen tomorrow, but if anything I hope Troy Smith does well. Listening to him speak this week has been so refreshing because at the very least he shows that he does not give excuses. He is focused on only one thing and that is to win football games.

Here is an article I read that I think speak volumes about Troy

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2010/10/30/new-49ers-qb-troy-smith-on-facing-denver-its-about-doing-not-trying/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+49ersHotRead+%2849ers+Hot+Read%29
its a good read, but i don't really see how that's much different than anything any other QB has said.
This is the beginning of something beautiful!

A bud light???
Originally posted by HessianDud:
its a good read, but i don't really see how that's much different than anything any other QB has said.

The point is that he more focused and more of a leader than Alex.
Originally posted by BleedRandG:

ok, i don't see where you're getting that, except for one Yoda-inspired quote. to each his own, i guess, but i, for one, will not get excited about anybody making a good quote. we're seeing how far good quotes have gotten us.
I don't know what is going to happen tomorrow, but if anything I hope Troy Smith does well. Listening to him speak this week has been so refreshing because at the very least he shows that he does not give excuses. He is focused on only one thing and that is to win football games.

Here is an article I read that I think speak volumes about Troy

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2010/10/30/new-49ers-qb-troy-smith-on-facing-denver-its-about-doing-not-trying/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+49ersHotRead+%2849ers+Hot+Read%29

We will score the most points of the season!

ok, i don't see where you're getting that, except for one Yoda-inspired quote. to each his own, i guess, but i, for one, will not get excited about anybody making a good quote. we're seeing how far good quotes have gotten us.

i agree, anyone can sound smart and confident, but its different once the pads are on. i'm not rooting against him, but i want to see results not good quotes

Originally posted by niners9:

i agree, anyone can sound smart and confident, but its different once the pads are on. i'm not rooting against him, but i want to see results not good quotes

yeah, i mean, don't get me wrong, i'm very interested to see Troy play. I think he's a very unknown quantity--but I'm not expecting much. Its foolish right now to expect much from this team. I will be excited about Troy Smith when he shows me something to be excited about.

Don't forget he has to overcome the Broncos and Sing's offense at the same time.

Recall how A.Smith's finest moments were when the two minute drill was in effect and Sing was out of the equation.

Still, he may succeed and buy Sing/York more time together. A mobile, scrambler type QB is the kind most likely to succeed in this sorry system because it puts the defense in an uncomfortable place.
Originally posted by Snider8706:
A bud light???

I have now switched to Coors Light since Bud Light is now the official beer of Raider nation. Ugh! Nothing is sacred...
Sierra Mist?
Originally posted by niners9:

yeah, i mean, don't get me wrong, i'm very interested to see Troy play. I think he's a very unknown quantity--but I'm not expecting much. Its foolish right now to expect much from this team. I will be excited about Troy Smith when he shows me something to be excited about.

ditto, im just hoping him and ginn can reconnect like back in their college days
Originally posted by Snider8706:
A bud light???

No, a butt light
Share 49ersWebzone