There are 78 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Idea on how to get Eddie D back involved;

I wish the Yorks would just uproot the team and move to L.A., but in doing this I wish they would lose the 49er name!

My second wish is that Eddie D in partnership with Steve Young & Brent Jones would place a new 49ers expansion team here in SF.

Now keep in mind we would lose all of our current players, coaches, and owners. However we would gain our old owner back.

Would this be something you guys would be interested in?
lol..

pipe dreams are cute
Originally posted by MaliCali:
lol..

pipe dreams are cute

Tell me about it, but would you trade all of our players for Eddie D?
blackmail him
Originally posted by glorydayz:
lol..

pipe dreams are cute

it'd be incredibly hard to watch Patrick in another uniform
lol..

pipe dreams are cute

it'd be incredibly hard to watch Patrick in another uniform

True, but it is harder watching us lose week in and week out when we have Patrick in that uniform!
No chance, just wishful thinking
1. This is ridiculous. Lock it.

2. Eddie D. will never own an NFL franchise again in his life.

3. Even if Eddie D. could own a franchise, there's no reason at all to assume it would be successful. We won under Eddie D. because:

a) There were no salary cap restrictions, and we simply outspent people.

b) We had a once-in-a-lifetime coach who revolutionized the way offensive football was played. This happens from time to time, defenses adjust, and then it happens again with a new revolutionary approach. We got lucky that the revolution happened once on our sidelines and in our gameplan meetings. Eddie D has @ss to do with it.

You're basically saying you want to give up your team on some absurd pipe dream that is not only impossible but laughably unlikely to create your desired results.

blarghhhh webzone.
[ Edited by PopeyeJonesing on Oct 29, 2010 at 10:05 AM ]
I wish the Yorks would just uproot the team and move to L.A., but in doing this I wish they would lose the 49er name!

My second wish is that Eddie D in partnership with Steve Young & Brent Jones would place a new 49ers expansion team here in SF.

Now keep in mind we would lose all of our current players, coaches, and owners. However we would gain our old owner back.

cool you have the name but what about the history and the championships
I will not support any thread that has us moving to LA.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

I would do this in a heartbeat if the NFL would go for it. Doubtful it would but this team is currently in a dreadful place....some good players sure but the front office is a shambles, they don't have the money for a new stadium, and most troubling, they don't have the real burning desire to put a champion on the field.

What made Eddie a great owner (spending aside) was that he treated everyone in the organization with respect. In exchange, he demanded excellence....not requested, but demanded. He was like Steinbrenner in that way, although "the Boss" didn't always treat people with respect. When an owner sends that message throughout the organization, success follows. It always does.

It is my belief that Eddie would have won a lot of games even with a salary cap because he would have hired the best front office people to find creative ways to make it work in his favor.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

• Lifer
  • Veteran
As long as we're playing make believe, how about this scenario?

The Yorks sell the team back to Eddie, retaining 20 - 30% ownership in the name of Jed York.

As I understand it, the league is now amicable to the idea of Eddie becoming an owner again (considering the mess the Yorks have made in SF, they'd probably welcome it with open arms).

The original sale was, in part, a financial settlement... a way for Eddie and Denise to divy up their father's fortune. I believe that Eddie is now in a much better financial position. Also, Eddie and Denise have repaired their relationship and are now much more friendly.

Eddie would become "managing partner" and Jed could learn the ropes as "junior partner." The team stays "in the family" per Denise's wishes, Jed gets to follow his dream (in a reduced role), Eddie gets to recapture his glory days, John and Denise get to walk away from the whole headache, and the long suffering fans finally get some competent people in charge oif the team.
Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:
1. This is ridiculous. Lock it.

2. Eddie D. will never own an NFL franchise again in his life.

3. Even if Eddie D. could own a franchise, there's no reason at all to assume it would be successful. We won under Eddie D. because:

a) There were no salary cap restrictions, and we simply outspent people.

b) We had a once-in-a-lifetime coach who revolutionized the way offensive football was played. This happens from time to time, defenses adjust, and then it happens again with a new revolutionary approach. We got lucky that the revolution happened once on our sidelines and in our gameplan meetings. Eddie D has @ss to do with it.
You're basically saying you want to give up your team on some absurd pipe dream that is not only impossible but laughably unlikely to create your desired results.

blarghhhh webzone.

Bottom line is we won everything 5 times under Eddie D! We currently have 14 million in cap room and what good is that doing us now? Who hired that coach? You HAVE to be a paid poster by the Yorks because you make no sense what so ever!