LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 268 users in the forums

Who would you rather see start @ QB?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Nate Davis, just for the hell of it. I'm done seeing what Alex, Troy, and Carr can do.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Nate Davis, just for the hell of it. I'm done seeing what Alex, Troy, and Carr can do.

NFL rules prohibit elevating a PS player in the last week of the season. We couldn't start him even if we wanted to.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:

NFL rules prohibit elevating a PS player in the last week of the season. We couldn't start him even if we wanted to.

The anti-tank rule.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
I don't care.

I'm somewhat sad to see Alex go, only because I know he'll go somewhere else and do better. Not necessarily spectacular, but much better somewhere else. And he's a good kid. But nonetheless, he does need to go and have a change of scenery.

We need to sign a veteran, proven QB to hold it together while we develop our QB of the future. In my opinion, Orton is the #1 choice we should pursue. Following him would be a guy like Kolb, McNabb, possibly even Palmer is Cincy is fed up. Shaun Hill is even a FA, I believe.

I would actually be pretty happy with Palmer. And he'd come cheap if he comes. Puts us in a good position to mentor a young QB (or two) for a season or two before throwing them to the wolves.

Agree. Palmer needs a change of scenery. He'd be a perfect compliment to a rookie QB like Stanzi or Mallet.

I always wondered if Alex could pull a Steve -- being booed off the field (like in this commentary below), to being cheered.

A little different. Steve was ready..his problem was that he was in the Shadow of the greatest QB to have ever played. He could have scored 20 TDs in a game and it wouldn't have been enough. Add to that the team was missing some key pieces his first few seasons as a starter.

Alex isn't really as ready as Steve was and the talent and coaching around him is even worse.
Share 49ersWebzone