LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 286 users in the forums

Holy Cow, Troy Smith starts in London!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Hey, I'm more excited about watching Troy Smith than David Carr. I don't know if he'll do any better, but Carr looked terrible and at least Troy is an unknown. Actually makes me look forward to the game... he's a player on the team I've never seen play.

Plus, I'm a sucker for a good story line. The Ginn connection is interesting. How often does that happen? QB and WR who played together in college getting a chance to be on the same field during the regular season? Anybody know?

they were even High School teammates!

"He graduated from Glenville High School in Cleveland, Ohio where he was coached by Ted Ginn, Sr., father of his Ohio State and high school teammate Ted Ginn, Jr."

source: Wikipedia

Forgot about that part! Now that can't happen very often.
Originally posted by boriken_9er:
I guess this is the last of David Carr in the NFL

this
Originally posted by valrod33:
this is from scouts inc on Troy Smith

Comment: Smith is a three-year player who has only attempted 10 passes in the past two seasons. He is a short, compact-built player with a strong enough arm to make all the throws. Smith is very tough competitive player and an exceptional athlete. He has enough talent and physical tools to potentially contribute as a return man or at another skill position. As a passer, his lack of ideal height is a major concern and he is best throwing on the roll-out. Smith is an ideal backup signal-caller because of his innate leadership and playmaking abilities but hasn't been able to get on the field to contribute thus far.

thats 87% of our passing plays right there

Comment: Smith is a three-year player who has only attempted 10 passes in the past two seasons. He is a short, compact-built player with a strong enough arm to make all the throws. Smith is very tough competitive player and an exceptional athlete. He has enough talent and physical tools to potentially contribute as a return man or at another skill position. As a passer, his lack of ideal height is a major concern and he is best throwing on the roll-out. Smith is an ideal backup signal-caller because of his innate leadership and playmaking abilities but hasn't been able to get on the field to contribute thus far.

If the coaches can plan according to his strengths we will have a shot. But that's the same situation with the other Smith.

So basically expect a bunch of Gore.
how tall is he?
Dude the season is down the s**tter, who cares let the kid play, and let's all hope he can get something done!

Go other Smith!!!!!
Originally posted by dobo:
^lol @dobo

Troy Smith looks like a midget

Oh well, i, on the Troy Smith trolley

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Have you seen that interview with him next to Jamarcus (who's wearing a Cosby sweater)? They look like they're different species.

Translation: He's the mutated genetic-lab-made version of Shaun Hill spliced with Drew Brees, re-spliced with Vince Young. Short, full of leadership, but can make all types of throws (but we've yet to see enough film of his instinctual qualities.)

[ Edited by valrod33 on Oct 27, 2010 at 8:12 AM ]
Desperation is starting to show..................... Hopefully it'll elevate N.Davis sooner or later. Glad he already gave up on Carr.

Originally posted by dobo:
^lol @dobo

Troy Smith looks like a midget

Oh well, i, on the Troy Smith trolley

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Have you seen that interview with him next to Jamarcus (who's wearing a Cosby sweater)? They look like they're different species.

I would pay to watch a weekly roundtable discussion show with these guys and Mike Tyson.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:

I would pay to watch a weekly roundtable discussion show with these guys and Mike Tyson.

Throw in Emmit Smith and I'm there.
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:

Throw in Emmit Smith and I'm there.

Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
All of you that are glad troy smith is starting need to start rooting for the raiders. This is not 49ers football. I am in shock as to how much this once mighty franchise has fallen.

Did you not see David Carr play last Sunday? Happy that he is not in there and might as well see what we got in Troy Smith

We have nothing in troy smith. Baltimore didn't even want him as a third stringer. He may be an upgrade over carr, but to say let's see what we have in him is just being too hopeful that he actually has a shot at being our quarterback of the future. He iis what he is, the only healthy quarterback on the roster that gives us the best chance to win. That's all.

Yup. I remember once upon a time when Rich Gannon wasn't wanted, he was but a journeyman. He ended going to 2 pro bowls and winning an MVP award when the Raiders took him on, in fact he even led them to a Superbowl appearance.

Another former MVP, James Harrison of the Blitzburgh Steelers, was cut 3 times but them, then signed by Baltimore, vut by them only to end backup in Pittsburgh and go on to become a great defensive force.

The chances Troy Smith becomes our franchise QB are few and far between. I wouldn't bet on it, but there are plenty of players who have been cut by a team only to found success in the league elsewhere or later on in their careers. Heck not just in the NFL but within many sports.

KRS-1 !! hell yeah son drop it like it's hot. good points
At 1st this put a smile on my face, but that was short lived as soon as I remembered he still has the same offensive line in front of em and the same stubborn sob running the team. If Singletary doesn't trust Alex enough to open it up out there, then there's no way he trusts a guy who hasn't played since college. I expect more donkey ball 101. Set your alarm clocks London; this one's gonna be a snoozer

That said, Troy's our guy the rest of the way. If we lose, it's pointless to put Alex back in as he won't be here next year anyway. If we start winning, we'd be insane to f**k with the winning mojo. Troy's my guy from here on out; time to find out what we got.
[ Edited by NatralBrnThrila on Oct 27, 2010 at 8:28 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone