There are 97 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. ST. LOUIS RAMS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 10)

• Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by billbird2111:
This is it for Troy Smith -- the big test.

The kid has to perform -- and perform well -- to stay in the game. Singletary will not give him the rest of the season to "audition for the starting job."

IF Troy steps up and delivers big as we all hope and pray he can (and that's a BIG IF)?

He will begin to erase the bad memories of terrible play from that other "Smith."

I never thought I'd find myself rooting for some guy named "Smith" who plays QB for the 49ers....

Now, I don't want to start a Troy vs. Alex debate in this thread. I just wanted to point out to you that this is the kind of post that makes it appear to others (not me) that you are rooting against Alex and not rooting for the team. I have noticed this causing a lot of friction on the forum.

I have no problem with your opinions. If you want to talk more about it, PM me.
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
This is it for Troy Smith -- the big test.

The kid has to perform -- and perform well -- to stay in the game. Singletary will not give him the rest of the season to "audition for the starting job."

IF Troy steps up and delivers big as we all hope and pray he can (and that's a BIG IF)?

He will begin to erase the bad memories of terrible play from that other "Smith."

I never thought I'd find myself rooting for some guy named "Smith" who plays QB for the 49ers....

Now, I don't want to start a Troy vs. Alex debate in this thread. I just wanted to point out to you that this is the kind of post that makes it appear to others (not me) that you are rooting against Alex and not rooting for the team. I have noticed this causing a lot of friction on the forum.

I have no problem with your opinions. If you want to talk more about it, PM me.

I think it's pretty simple. Start Troy Smith and as long as he is doing enough to not lose us the games keep playing him. I doubt Alex's shoulder is 100% yet. If Troy struggles give him a game or two and then contemplate putting Alex back in. If Alex struggles again than Nate Davis. If it comes to that at least we know what we have for QBs on the roster and can move on.

Oh, and if we see Michael Lewis in the game throw at him.
Weird that Smith is sharing time with Mays. I think he's been like the 5th or 6th CB so he has seen some time. I am tempted to see if he has anything at FS because I don't think we should pay Goldson 45 million for what he has done.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Nov 10, 2010 at 12:25 PM ]
If we can't win this game, God I hope the Bills win their first one at home this week against the Lions and Cowgirls at home beat the Lions in week 11. If we lose this week at home against the RAMS, it's all about Andrew Luck for me from now on.
I just want the Niners to end this gane with the offense on the field, protecting a lead, in the victory formation. I do not want to see the defense out there, trying to defend a slim lead or the offense out there trying to play catch-up.

Jump on these guys, early and often. At 2-6, what is there to lose by being aggressive offensively?
I just hope we don't try to protect a 3 to 7 point lead and allow the Rams more confidence that they still have a chance to win the game.

Singletary needs to understand that protecting a one-score lead is worthless and keeps the opponent in the game rather than out of the game.
Originally posted by Joecool:
I just hope we don't try to protect a 3 to 7 point lead and allow the Rams more confidence that they still have a chance to win the game.

Singletary needs to understand that protecting a one-score lead is worthless and keeps the opponent in the game rather than out of the game.

when you make posts like this, I get so f**king mad. Damn it pisses me off. Not mad at you, because your post is spot on, but at Singletary. Damn this year was supposed to be our time
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SFL49ER:

when you make posts like this, I get so f**king mad. Damn it pisses me off. Not mad at you, because your post is spot on, but at Singletary. Damn this year was supposed to be our time

Yeah, but we should have known that we don't have a competent Qb to run the show.

Watch us score on the first drive, then try to protect that lead, then if we lose it, somehow manage to take it back at the very end, only to be at the edge of our seats hoping the defense gets a stop to protect our final 3 point lead....how's that for a long sentence?
Originally posted by mayo49:

Yeah, but we should have known that we don't have a competent Qb to run the show.

Thats another thing: I was believing that he would step up FINALLY and run the show, especially with the "issues" of the other teams in the west.

But HE DIDNT step up and make it his time.

I think he finally needs to see that he should be satified with holding a clipboard for his career, cuz hes good enough to keep on the roster but nowhere near a franchise quarterback

Thats another thing: I was believing that he would step up FINALLY and run the show, especially with the "issues" of the other teams in the west.

I think he finally needs to see that he should be satified with holding a clipboard for his career, cuz hes good enough to keep on the roster but nowhere near a franchise quarterback

Personally, I think Johnson needs to step up and run the show.

Give Singletary a, "f**k you and your protecting a lead. Who are you going to replace me with, biatch?"

Personally, I think Johnson needs to step up and run the show.

Give Singletary a, "f**k you and your protecting a lead. Who are you going to replace me with, biatch?"

I like it. And Troy Smith has my permission to audible. Give westbrook the f-in ball dude. Man, Singletary pisses me off
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by ForeverYoung8:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
So excited to go to this game!!!!!! and im bringing my gf to her very first Niners game. Come holla LB 5 Row N!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LETS GO NINERS!!!!!!
*52*

You should stop by the Zone tailgate, dude.

im down, where do i park by? we wanna tailgate. We were planning on getting there early, like 7am

All the information that you need is here...

thanks dude! see you there

hey neighbor LB Sec 5 too

What up playa!.. LETS GET LOUD THIS SUNDAY!!!
DEFENSE! DEFENSE! DEFENSE!!!
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by CenCal9er:
So excited to go to this game!!!!!! and im bringing my gf to her very first Niners game. Come holla LB 5 Row N!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LETS GO NINERS!!!!!!
*52*

Lower Res 7, Row 9.

Lets Do This 9ers!!!! GET SOME!!!!

Are you guys coming by the tailgate?
ILL BE THERE!!!!!!

Tailgate Thread
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

LETS GO NINERS!!!!!!
*52*

You should stop by the Zone tailgate, dude.

im down, where do i park by? we wanna tailgate. We were planning on getting there early, like 7am

All the information that you need is here...

thanks dude! see you there

hey neighbor LB Sec 5 too

What up playa!.. LETS GET LOUD THIS SUNDAY!!!
DEFENSE! DEFENSE! DEFENSE!!!

LB 5 always does !!