There are 251 users in the forums

The Official David Carr Crash

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Originally posted by verb1der:
If Carr starts, I think the offensive gameplan this week in London will be 100% running plays, regardless of the score.

Sing would be smart and regain some fanbase by completely skipping Carr and going with Troy or Nate.

At the very worst, Nate Davis would make the games exciting for a change. Isn't part of football having fun watching the athletes make plays? He'll throw interceptions, but he'll also make plays.

By this same logic one could say it has been a pleasure watching Alex Smith play

Its no fun watching your offense march down the field only to turn the ball over with the endzone in sight.
  • SFGem
  • Veteran
that the season is over. this is a sarcastic statement. we shoulda kept shaun hill and got rid of alex but thats for another thread. was signing david carr as backup the most pointless decision by the 49ers staff? david carr only played 2 quarters all season right? we may as well have signed a player that plays a different position with the money carr was paid.
Originally posted by SFGem:
that the season is over. this is a sarcastic statement. we shoulda kept shaun hill and got rid of alex but thats for another thread. was signing david carr as backup the most pointless decision by the 49ers staff? david carr only played 2 quarters all season right? we may as well have signed a player that plays a different position with the money carr was paid.

When Carr was signed, I had a few rant posts and a few zoners ripped me for it. Carr is just terrible. He will be gone by the end of the year.
who cares? He won't be back and the man who wanted that guy is gone.
Scotty's last move, proved that he needed to go. He was clearly drunk or on drugs.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Yeah, play him the last game of the season and be assured a top 10 pick. So at least he'll be good for something.

[ Edited by mayo49 on Dec 27, 2010 at 07:20:20 ]
No we should have kept Shaun Hill along with Alex Smith and have what ever QB as our number 3 and we would have at least maybe won the Carolina game!!!
Why is this guy still on the roster?
Originally posted by jta854:

Good question!
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:

Good question!

Isn't he the only QB that has played in a regular season game under contract for the 2011 season?

Originally posted by BobS:

Good question!

Isn't he the only QB that has played in a regular season game under contract for the 2011 season?

I think he's the only QB of any kind that's under contract with us right now.

It wouldn't be that worrying, except for the fact that the lack of new CBA makes it impossible for us to sign FAs or trade for players. That means the only way to get any more QBs, until that's resolved, is in the draft.

So if the CBA thing drags into the summer I think we can probably expect to see Carr starting some games for us in 2011.

Joy.
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
Originally posted by BobS:

Good question!

I think he's the only QB of any kind that's under contract with us right now.

It wouldn't be that worrying, except for the fact that the lack of new CBA makes it impossible for us to sign FAs or trade for players. That means the only way to get any more QBs, until that's resolved, is in the draft.

So if the CBA thing drags into the summer I think we can probably expect to see Carr starting some games for us in 2011.

Joy.

Money on the table, Chicken. I'm saying Carr never starts another game for us.

The guy was #%€€$¥•
If only one of the 3 Qb's from last years roster is to stay i really hope its Troy Smith bcuz this clown is just HORRIBLE

Baalke better be smart & get rid of his weak a$$ asap
If Harbaugh keeps Carr around and he's not #3, I'll already start questioning his decision making.

The webzoner that started this thread is tja683, YOU are jta854.....What is going on here?
Share 49ersWebzone