There are 61 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Things to look forward to NEXT year...

Originally posted by Num1player16:
Originally posted by golfing9er:
I'm looking forward to a lockout so we don't actually have to watch this team for a year!

Really? I look forward to every single game, regardless of our record. I guess that's just the difference from a real fan and a fair weather fan. People like this really make me question how many real faithful fans post on this forum. Some of your comments are as equally disappointing as our season.

I never said I don't look forward to every single game. I watch every single game from start to finish with either my VD, Gore, Crabtree, or Willis jersey on. No matter how much we are winning or losing by. I watch it all. Watched the whole Seattle and KC games this year. There has never been a game that I can remember that I thought we couldn't win. Basically the earliest 9er memories I have are that 2002 season. So I've pretty much known only losing. It's just getting really tough to get jacked up about every game every week only to see them lose. I do it every week and then I try to tell myself that they are real close to being a good team. But, it's getting tougher and tougher. Once Sing gets fired it will be easier. He's a good man.... but a terrible head coach.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
I don't look forward to much with these crap owners we have but...

We get a knowledgeable WCO offense HC who can call his own plays and a veteran FA QB who can play the WCO. If they do this, then management is gonna f*ck it up by getting Kolb (you might as well go buy your new Niners Kolb jerseys) as our QB but hopefully we'll draft a QB who can come in and run the system properly in 2-3 years. We'll have to manage 8-10 wins per season while our QB develops, but with a decent staff and a decent QB we should be able to do that with the talent on the team plus a few additions

Start from scratch in our secondary b/c they all suck....badly.

Pass rushing DE and fine some pass rush via draft or high priced FA. We been tryin to get pass rush at a budget..IT AINT WORKIN!!!!

Honestly, with a competent staff we'd be in the playoffs THIS year. We just gotta try again and hope the Yorks do f*ck it up again...

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by whatawegot:
this poster is clueless. Next year the team will suck just like this year and two before it. Until we have new owners we are toast. They have no clue to what they are doing. Its a wing and a prayer with these guys. DOnt hire a gm. Fire mcclueless late, fire nolan late, hire dingleberry for a pr ploy, let the oc go after retaining him all offseason. You think these are alll coaches decision. Its going to take another 3-4 years for respectability. Another rebuild. Fire the dc, get a new defensive backfield, more lineman, a qb, better receivers, new coach, new dc, new oc. Pick better players that are cant miss in first round. Not ones with potential in the first. ANTHONY DAVIS. HEres our team. I just took a big one and......

Ding, ding, ding...Post of the Year. You sir got it...

why thank you. Post of the year. I feel very special sd. Just stating the facts as you and i see it. A RUDDERLESS SHIP>
Being 0-0 and starting over.

New HC.
New staff.
New QB.

PLEASE GOD.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
1. Alex fighting for a spot on the depth chart in the CFL.
2. Sing in the booth for FOX
3. Jed York losing control of the team after soliciting a large number of hookers.
4. The NFL draft

my fingers are crossed

lol awesome.... BRING BACK EDDIE D PLEASE
For the gm wannabes who want to convert Clements to safety his 2011 salary is 11 million plus. He's good as gone.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Being 0-0 and starting over.

New HC.
New staff.
New QB.

PLEASE GOD.

New owner.
PLEASE GOD.
  • crzy
  • Veteran
NO MORE ALEX
Originally posted by crzy:
NO MORE ALEX
Originally posted by crzy:
NO MORE ALEX

bet zrf is whole lot happier now
WHEN Singletary is fired, this franchise will be faced with a dilemma. If I were Jed York, I would find a great football mind (scott pioli?, the tuna?) and put them in charge of ALL football operations, allow them to select the GM and caching staff.

I would let him make any roster moves, no players would be off limits to trade, or cutting. No front office job would be safe either, from secretaries to Praage, no one is out of bounds!

Thats me I'm sure you guys disagree, so who are your must keep coaches and players?
Gore
Vernon
Willis
Crabtree
[ Edited by valrod33 on Oct 29, 2010 at 12:09 PM ]
Willis
VD

Are the only MUST keep players but even then if the right offer presented itself I would listen.
Originally posted by susweel:
Willis
VD

Are the only MUST keep players but even then if the right offer presented itself I would listen.

Gore should be used for trade bait. I love him, but if we could get picks...
Originally posted by susweel:
Willis
VD

I'm of the "blow it all up" opinion, but your list looks good to me!