LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 298 users in the forums

Things to look forward to NEXT year...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by Joecool:
I agree 100% with this thread. We have a lot of young talent that an established/experienced veteran coach who has had success would salivate to shine the light on. Now add that to higher picks in each round and we are very tempting to any coach out there.

Of course, we have that one MAJOR issue: QB.

I hope we sign Alex as a well-defined backup while we acquire an established starter. Either way, if we don't get a starter, then we develop the youngster while Alex becomes Steve Deberg. If he excels under the new coach, then we have two QB's the league will desire and are even in a better place.

Disagree wholeheartedly. In most fans' minds, Alex Smith has become a cancer for this organization. He can do no good for the team. Even if he puts up good numbers, people will always consider it a fluke. Plus, I think with him on the field, we can not accurately assess team deficiencies because he will always be part of the problem, one way or another.

We need a break from him, as he does from us. He can move on and become a backup (ala Rattay) for a more needy team. What we need is to develop a young rookie behind a proven QB, so as to not waste the talent we already have. Gore has maybe 2-3 years left in his legs, at best. I say we sign a vet that can win NOW, and go for the kill next season by making a deep playoff run. The West is still weak. It will remian that way for the next 2 years until Bradford develops.
More free time to hunt fish camp. Watch college football. Not spending a lot of time on here during spring getting all charged up about the great things to come with our top 5 pick and new staff. I will watch next fall but for now will not dedicate so much energy to this team until they dedicate more to themselves. Call me what you want but if a store or product sucks you don't go back. The 49ers currently are putting out inferior product that I will not buy, but much like Ford when you turn your product around your customer or fan base will come back strong. You watch from a distance and hope that they turn the corner but it is hard to invest fully in something that has, will and can let you down. I love the Fortyniners it was hard in the late seventies and then turned great it was a great ride that the wheels finally fell off of we and I can only hope that our team makes the needed changes and starts putting out a product that they and we can all be proud of.
[ Edited by leakyfausett on Oct 26, 2010 at 5:04 PM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
NFL lockout
Originally posted by susweel:
NFL lockout

even during a strike there will still be football. There will be replacement players as there always has been during a strike. Let's hope our replacement players can actually play football.
NFL lockout

Well there will be less disappointment.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by backontop:
NFL lockout

even during a strike there will still be football. There will be replacement players as there always has been during a strike. Let's hope our replacement players can actually play football.

Maybe we will keep the replacement over the real players.
NFL lockout

Do we get replacement coaches and owners too?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
NFL lockout

yes that would be nice and a replacement stadium
NFL lockout

and even replacement fans!
Originally posted by GORO:
Why couldn't we just remain in preseason. We were really solid then.

Yeah! I hate the fact that teams game plan for us. With Sing at the helm, it's simply not fair.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by verb1der:
NFL lockout

and even replacement fans!

yah and a replacement ninertalk
NFL lockout

I think coaches are a part of the strike. As for the stadium
NFL lockout

Alex Smith finally becomes a quality quarterback.
Originally posted by GORO:
Why couldn't we just remain in preseason. We were really solid then.

Yeah! I hate the fact that teams game plan for us. With Sing at the helm, it's simply not fair.
Originally posted by Num1player16:
Originally posted by golfing9er:
I'm looking forward to a lockout so we don't actually have to watch this team for a year!

Really? I look forward to every single game, regardless of our record. I guess that's just the difference from a real fan and a fair weather fan. People like this really make me question how many real faithful fans post on this forum. Some of your comments are as equally disappointing as our season.

I never said I don't look forward to every single game. I watch every single game from start to finish with either my VD, Gore, Crabtree, or Willis jersey on. No matter how much we are winning or losing by. I watch it all. Watched the whole Seattle and KC games this year. There has never been a game that I can remember that I thought we couldn't win. Basically the earliest 9er memories I have are that 2002 season. So I've pretty much known only losing. It's just getting really tough to get jacked up about every game every week only to see them lose. I do it every week and then I try to tell myself that they are real close to being a good team. But, it's getting tougher and tougher. Once Sing gets fired it will be easier. He's a good man.... but a terrible head coach.
Share 49ersWebzone