LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 254 users in the forums

Tell Them How You Feel?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Envy
  • Veteran
I'm sure we're all way past angry at the current state of our franchise. From front to back its smacks of shoddiness and ineptitude. Carolina broke it for me. If I had not already paid for the London tickets I would probably be questioning the point of going.

So what, as fans, do you do? I'm actually serious here. I want to know what could be done.

How about we bombard the press and media insiders with the extent of our displeasure? Rather than sit around and moan amongst ourselves why not vent to the guys that get the opportunity to grill the team?

Here is Jed's buddy. I'm sure he is laughing now.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/mailbag/_/id/28045/adam-schefter
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
PLEASE Tell York to sell the team back to Eddie and put this nightmare to rest. NO WAY should this storied Franchise and its fans have to suffer thru this Adam please make it happen and Text or call York and tell him how mad we fans are and how we don't deserve this Thank You

49ers Faithful.

Already sent him an email lets go guys im sick of this s**t already. Smith going down is the last thing we wanted to happen and now the season IS OVER Carr is NOT the answer neither is Nate trash Davis.
  • Envy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Axl49:
PLEASE Tell York to sell the team back to Eddie and put this nightmare to rest. NO WAY should this storied Franchise and its fans have to suffer thru this Adam please make it happen and Text or call York and tell him how mad we fans are and how we don't deserve this Thank You

49ers Faithful.

Already sent him an email lets go guys im sick of this s**t already. Smith going down is the last thing we wanted to happen and now the season IS OVER Carr is NOT the answer neither is Nate trash Davis.
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Envy:
Originally posted by Axl49:

49ers Faithful.

That is exactly what i sent him in the e mail do the same people tell him to text york to go f**k himself
I am so sick to my stomach right now!! Some1 please get Jed dork out of there and tell him to take dinglebarry along with him!!! They have brought a dynasty team down to the ground!!! I can't watch anymorethis is bull sh*t!! We need a proven coach! Like gruden, or bill cowher sh*t maybe we need Steve mariucci back!! How about going after another Peyton manning to take control of the offense!! God I miss Walsh!! I'm a die hard niners fan and we as fans deserve more from this team then heartbreaking losses!!
Better yet, email your disgust, and disappointment with the current state of the 49er Organization to Roger Goodell, at NFL.com. Believe me the NFL has been leery of the York ownership for a long time, due to the fact that we used to be an elite team, and now we are not. Let them, (the NFL) know of your conerns, because they have an interest in the state of the 49ers too, and about how the Yorks run the team.

In 2005 Commissioner Goodell had a meeting with the Yorks, and told them if they didn't start turning the Franchise around, other NFL owners were concerned that maybe the Yorks should sell the 49ers. Thats why it is so important to let the powers that be know of your concerns.
This is what I just sent him:

Hey Adam,

At this point, us 49ers fans really don't know what to do. For the better part of the last decade we have been a terrible, terrible team, meandering from one mediocre regime to the next. With the arrival of each one, promises of a turn-around and better days ahead come and are then exposed to us as the hollow lies that they are.

Mike Singletary is the latest in this series. A hell of a linebacker, he is severely out-matched as a head coach. I'm not sure if he is familiar with NFL offense post 1985, the idea of designing a game plan to take advantage of an opponents weakness, or let alone what it takes to win in today's NFL. The idea that he traded away Shaun Hill because he didn't want to have Alex Smith "worried" about any potential competition is sickening. It's dually horrible given the present situation, now that Alex Smith is out and we have been forced to trade one first round borderline-bust for another, much worse first round bust.

He needs to go Adam, and he needs to go now. Not at the end of the season. Not after we get back from London, but NOW. He needs to go now because we as 49ers fans need to believe that our ownership cares in some small and secluded place in their inner-being about winning. That's not to say that firing him now will lead to us winning. But lets be honest now. Would the 49ers be ANY worse with someone else on their staff coaching in the interim? At 1-6, that's a real easy argument to answer.

He needs to be fired now because we need to see some passion from our ownership group. We need to see the Yorks distance themselves from these tired, under-qualified hires that they put in charge to spew their cute catch phrases ("physical with an F") and generate a few bucks in the mean time.

If he isn't? I personally know 4 season ticket holders who are ready to cancel their season tickets. My Sister's fiance, my best friend, and two of my 49erswebzone forum buddies are all ready to do this. At this point, the only place that the Yorks will listen to us is in the wallet.

So why am I bothering you with this diatribe? I dunno. I guess I'm hoping that as Jed York's "texting buddy" you would be able to do a massive and monumental favor to this tired and bleeding 49ers fan base and relay a simple message to Jed: "Fire Singletary, replace him with a bag of doritos for the next 9 games, and then go out and replace him with someone QUALIFIED during the off-season."

He needs to do it. He needs to do it for his own players, who have clearly given up on Singletary. But he needs to do it for his fans, who are ready to give up on their childhood team, their Sunday pass-time, their 49ers.

Because the truth is that the 49ers that we care about are long dead anyways...

EDIT: f**k for some reason I can't submit my message! Would someone else do it for me please???? I know that there is a 99% chance that he'll never read it but it's still worth a try...

[ Edited by norcal49er864 on Oct 24, 2010 at 23:29:19 ]
Originally posted by norcal49er864:

Hey Adam,

At this point, us 49ers fans really don't know what to do. For the better part of the last decade we have been a terrible, terrible team, meandering from one mediocre regime to the next. With the arrival of each one, promises of a turn-around and better days ahead come and are then exposed to us as the hollow lies that they are.

Mike Singletary is the latest in this series. A hell of a linebacker, he is severely out-matched as a head coach. I'm not sure if he is familiar with NFL offense post 1985, the idea of designing a game plan to take advantage of an opponents weakness, or let alone what it takes to win in today's NFL. The idea that he traded away Shaun Hill because he didn't want to have Alex Smith "worried" about any potential competition is sickening. It's dually horrible given the present situation, now that Alex Smith is out and we have been forced to trade one first round borderline-bust for another, much worse first round bust.

He needs to go Adam, and he needs to go now. Not at the end of the season. Not after we get back from London, but NOW. He needs to go now because we as 49ers fans need to believe that our ownership cares in some small and secluded place in their inner-being about winning. That's not to say that firing him now will lead to us winning. But lets be honest now. Would the 49ers be ANY worse with someone else on their staff coaching in the interim? At 1-6, that's a real easy argument to answer.

He needs to be fired now because we need to see some passion from our ownership group. We need to see the Yorks distance themselves from these tired, under-qualified hires that they put in charge to spew their cute catch phrases ("physical with an F") and generate a few bucks in the mean time.

If he isn't? I personally know 4 season ticket holders who are ready to cancel their season tickets. My Sister's fiance, my best friend, and two of my 49erswebzone forum buddies are all ready to do this. At this point, the only place that the Yorks will listen to us is in the wallet.

So why am I bothering you with this diatribe? I dunno. I guess I'm hoping that as Jed York's "texting buddy" you would be able to do a massive and monumental favor to this tired and bleeding 49ers fan base and relay a simple message to Jed: "Fire Singletary, replace him with a bag of doritos for the next 9 games, and then go out and replace him with someone QUALIFIED during the off-season."

He needs to do it. He needs to do it for his own players, who have clearly given up on Singletary. But he needs to do it for his fans, who are ready to give up on their childhood team, their Sunday pass-time, their 49ers.

EDIT: f**k for some reason I can't submit my message! Would someone else do it for me please???? I know that there is a 99% chance that he'll never read it but it's still worth a try...

i sent it
Originally posted by SFSK8R89:

Hey Adam,

i sent it

I appreciate it. Like I said, 99% chance that nothing happens, but at this point, it's worth it to try.
They don't care how you feel.

• Envy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
They don't care how you feel.

I agree. They probably don't but the press can annoy the s**t out of these guys and if you give them the fuel then they can get more answers than we could.
  • Envy
  • Veteran

Hey Adam,

Very well written.

Hey Adam,

Very well written.

Don't get why we need to fire Sing now though.

Trust me I want him out as much as anyone but isn't that how we ended up with Sing in the first place? He was interim coach and the team played much better with him so we didn't bother interviewing other candidates.

I think they don't want that scenario to play out again. Jed has already said as much; that it would take Sing winning basically all the remaining games and a playoff game for him to stay. Anything short of that and he's done as Week 17 is finishing.
  • Envy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

Hey Adam,

Very well written.

Don't get why we need to fire Sing now though.

Trust me I want him out as much as anyone but isn't that how we ended up with Sing in the first place? He was interim coach and the team played much better with him so we didn't bother interviewing other candidates.

I think they don't want that scenario to play out again. Jed has already said as much; that it would take Sing winning basically all the remaining games and a playoff game for him to stay. Anything short of that and he's done as Week 17 is finishing.

I can see your reasoning but I also think you run the risk of players being incredibly dissatisfied and potentially openly revolting against the team. Bad press will hurt this team.
nobody cares what the fans think.
Share 49ersWebzone