There are 227 users in the forums

Next SF Coach for next year?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Next SF Coach for next year?

First off, Jon Gruden has NOT developed a QB. He's had success with 2 old vets; Rich Gannon and Brad Johnson. Without those 2, he struggled at the QB position. Let's all just remember these facts when lusting over the idea of Gruden.

Now, I vote with "None of the above".
-Dungy likes what he's doing now.
-Cowher, if he returns at all, will take a higher profile job (Dallas perhaps?) Plus the York's have been notoriously cheap in that department.
-Fox, if fired, probably takes a season off.
-As for Gruden - see Cowher.

I'm sure we end up going the coordinator route. A more likely scenario is the team hires a 2nd-tier retread in the vein of Marty Mornhinweg or Brian Billick. But to be honest, I kinda like the idea of Billick. With him, at least you know he understands the game and everything going on around him. He's a smart dude. Just not sure if he's interested in returning to the game.

[ Edited by bigtony2tone on Oct 24, 2010 at 17:17:57 ]
Gruden's going to Cleveland, the radio guy was talking about it after the game. He got the info from inside sources high up in the NFL hierarchy.
Originally posted by Giants76:
I personally like Gruden because he is an offensive minded coach which the 49ers desperately need and oh yes he DEVELOPS qb's!! The others i wouldnt mind but what is your take?

It won't be Cowher or Dungy. Bilik is another guy out there.
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
Gruden's going to Cleveland, the radio guy was talking about it after the game. He got the info from inside sources high up in the NFL hierarchy.

Well if "the radio guy" said it, it MUST be true!
Jim Harbaugh
yeah as long as singletary is out im fine! We need a coach that has an offensive mind and knows the game now. I like Billick as well but there are so many coaches available that it is sick haha. and what does that mean if my posts are locked?
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
Originally posted by Giants76:
I personally like Gruden because he is an offensive minded coach which the 49ers desperately need and oh yes he DEVELOPS qb's!! The others i wouldnt mind but what is your take?

It won't be Cowher or Dungy. Bilik is another guy out there.

No more former ravens, please. I will be so depressed if Brian Billick is the next coach.
Outside of Dungy, Cowher, Gruden (none of which will come here) and Billick, who else is really out there?

I'm really struggling trying to figure out an assistant or coordinator somewhere that's innovative in his thinking and successful in his approach. Seems to me, outside of retreads, there's a major lack on "hot commodity" candidates right now.
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=146175
Share 49ersWebzone