LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 227 users in the forums

Moore Starting over Clausen. Does that hurt us or help us?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Moore Starting over Clausen. Does that hurt us or help us?

I thought North Carolina was a southern state because they like NASCAR so much there.
Doesn't matter. Either we beat ourselves or we wont. That's how it's been all year.
It really doesn't matter when it comes to those QB's, The 49ers just needs to hold on to the ball and keep the Panthers under 10 points and we should be good! Becuz we all know it takes 2 to 3 Quarters for SMITH to warm up and find his rhythm .....
[/code]
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by oldman9er:
The way I hear it from a Panthers fan, Moore wasn't that bad, despite the numbers. He then suffered a concussion... played worse in week 2 (perhaps the concussion played a part?), and then was pulled. So I am slightly more worried about Moore + Steve Smith than I am of Jimmy Queen Clausen and Steve Smith.

Still expect a win, so long as we keep the turnovers and penalties fairly minimal.

I think Steve Smith is out for this game. But i agree it would seem that Moore/Smith is a more formidable duo. either way the Niners run defense needs to step up shut down their backs then tie off. a early lead would go a long way against the Panthers. There defense isn't that bad, and overall as a team they do play hard.

Smith is gonna play

Yes. Everything I have read suggests that Steve Smith is very much ready to play.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/14172927/panthers-smith-probable-after-practicing-again

Quote:
Steve Smith has practiced for a third straight day and is probable for Sunday's game against San Francisco.
Moore has a stronger arm so they say, but one of their tackles is out, so i believe we will feast on panther meat come sunday!!!!!
Does it even matter who plays for the opposing team when it comes to the 49ers' chances?

Have we not seen this before?
Like I said in another post about this subject.. The 49ers, even in their Glory Years, both had and today still have a strange habit of making backups and journeymen QB's look like future Hall of Famers... I don't know what it is...

And it seems like every since Eddie D lost the team... When the opposing team struggles, the 49ers wind up being the cure that ales that team...

So the return of Smith and Matt Moore getting a chance to sit back and observe from a far and now come back in and play, has me worried... Plus in most games our run defense has disappeared.. And with the two headed monster Carolina runs, well, it's no walk in the park man....

If the Niners go to Carolina given their history with 10am games and win convincingly.. I can start to see maybe a turning of the corner here... But if they go to Carolina and get their asses handed to them, well, we can start the Denny Green, "They are who we thought they where..."

Don't get me wrong, I'll be on the couch with my Roundtable Pizza Pepperoni rooting hard for my Niners.... But if we walk out of there with an "L" instead of a "W", let's just say I will not be caught off guard by that...

[ Edited by Eduardo75 on Oct 22, 2010 at 11:14:02 ]
Originally posted by Eduardo75:
Like I said in another post about this subject.. The 49ers, even in their Glory Years, both had and today still have a strange habit of making backups and journeymen QB's look like future Hall of Famers... I don't know what it is...

And it seems like every since Eddie D lost the team... When the opposing team struggles, the 49ers wind up being the cure that ales that team...

So the return of Smith and Matt Moore getting a chance to sit back and observe from a far and now come back in and play, has me worried... Plus in most games our run defense has disappeared.. And with the two headed monster Carolina runs, well, it's no walk in the park man....

If the Niners go to Carolina given their history with 10am games and win convincingly.. I can start to see maybe a turning of the corner here... But if they go to Carolina and get their asses handed to them, well, we can start the Denny Green, "They are who we thought they where..."

Don't get me wrong, I'll be on the couch with my Roundtable Pizza Pepperoni rooting hard for my Niners.... But if we walk out of there with an "L" instead of a "W", let's just say I will not be caught off guard by that...
Mmmmmmmmmmmmm... Pizzzzzaaaa.....
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Moore is better than Clausen so it should hurt us.
Originally posted by susweel:
Moore = Smith

So the chances of winning are good.

But playing on the east coast the chances of winning is bad.

Moore is awful. the hate for Smith has gone way too far.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/gamelog?playerId=11128

• ZRF80
Alex Smith is the reason we will hurt. Not Moore or Clausen.
This season, Moore started two games. Week 1 was against the Giants. A Giants team and defense that were still highly peeved about the way the Panthers closed out Giants Stadium last season. Moore got a concussion midway through the Giants game and instead of having a week off to get back to 100%, he was forced to play the very next week against a Bucs team, that, again, were extremely peeved because the Panthers swept them last season and because the Panthers have won like 10 of the last 13 games against them, to that point.

So, not sure you can take Moore's stats this season at face value with the concussion and all. Last season, he went 4-1, had a qb rating of 106 during those last 5 games (2nd highest in league over that time), 8td, 1 int. So I'm not sure concussion based play against the Giants and a division rival can really count one way or the other for him in terms of judgments.

He came in in the final minutes against the Bears when the game was already over and the Oline/Wrs/Rbs had already given up, and threw 2 ints.
UNLESS their QB stinks like the Raiders QB, and having home field advantage, this game can easily be won by Carolina.

I didn't see anything in the 49er's offense that tells me that they're gonna walk all over the Panthers.

Those that think so have short memories as they were also predicting a big win against the Seahawks and the Chiefs. Surprise, Surprise!

The KEY? 49er's are NOT playing at home and their offense are SUB-PAR at best to this point.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
hurt. Clausen isn't ready to be an NFL starter.
Originally posted by zozell:
Moore did ok at the beggining of the season from what I can remember on NFL Primetime. Then he got benched for the rook. Didn't really follow Clausen's production, but it's safe to say he sucked, because he got benched and Moore's back in again.

So who would you have rather played against, or does it not matter because they both suck?

we suck on the road , we are going to lose cuz of HC and Alex.
Share 49ersWebzone