There are 202 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Moore Starting over Clausen. Does that hurt us or help us?

Moore Starting over Clausen. Does that hurt us or help us?

Moore did ok at the beggining of the season from what I can remember on NFL Primetime. Then he got benched for the rook. Didn't really follow Clausen's production, but it's safe to say he sucked, because he got benched and Moore's back in again.

So who would you have rather played against, or does it not matter because they both suck?

[ Edited by zozell on Oct 22, 2010 at 09:57:17 ]
They're both awful. But if I had to choose which I'd want to start I'd go w/ Moore.

At least Clausen has some sort of upside and can make plays...Moore is just...well...bad.
Moore = Smith

So the chances of winning are good.

But playing on the east coast the chances of winning is bad.
Originally posted by zozell:
Moore did ok at the beggining of the season from what I can remember on NFL Primetime. Then he got benched for the rook. Didn't really follow Clausen's production, but it's safe to say he sucked, because he got benched and Moore's back in again.

So who would you have rather played against, or does it not matter because they both suck?

Well...they both suck (clausen will get better but not this season), but that doesnt necessarily mean we will "kick their a$$" ...its their Passing D im worried about.
The way I hear it from a Panthers fan, Moore wasn't that bad, despite the numbers. He then suffered a concussion... played worse in week 2 (perhaps the concussion played a part?), and then was pulled. So I am slightly more worried about Moore + Steve Smith than I am of Jimmy Queen Clausen and Steve Smith.

Still expect a win, so long as we keep the turnovers and penalties fairly minimal.
I watched one of their games earlier this year and Moore was forcing the ball all over the place including 3 picks (2 in the red zone) against NY. Maybe he's learned something since being benched for Clausen earlier in the season, but from what I saw Moore has a long way to go before becoming a quality NFL QB.
Originally posted by susweel:
Moore = Smith

um..Isn't North Carolina a Southern State.

[ Edited by CrankDatCrabtree on Oct 22, 2010 at 10:05:32 ]
Originally posted by oldman9er:
The way I hear it from a Panthers fan, Moore wasn't that bad, despite the numbers. He then suffered a concussion... played worse in week 2 (perhaps the concussion played a part?), and then was pulled. So I am slightly more worried about Moore + Steve Smith than I am of Jimmy Queen Clausen and Steve Smith.

Still expect a win, so long as we keep the turnovers and penalties fairly minimal.

I think Steve Smith is out for this game. But i agree it would seem that Moore/Smith is a more formidable duo. either way the Niners run defense needs to step up shut down their backs then tie off. a early lead would go a long way against the Panthers. There defense isn't that bad, and overall as a team they do play hard.
Originally posted by CrankDatCrabtree:
Moore = Smith

Its on the east coast. Go read a map before you respond.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by oldman9er:

I think Steve Smith is out for this game. But i agree it would seem that Moore/Smith is a more formidable duo. either way the Niners run defense needs to step up shut down their backs then tie off. a early lead would go a long way against the Panthers. There defense isn't that bad, and overall as a team they do play hard.

Smith is gonna play
Moore = Smith

The Atlantic Ocean actually extends all the way to the south believe it or not.
Moore = Smith

Its on the east coast. Go read a map before you respond.

jajajaja Calm down...

[ Edited by CrankDatCrabtree on Oct 22, 2010 at 10:16:15 ]
Originally posted by boooby:
Moore = Smith

The Atlantic Ocean actually extends all the way to the south believe it or not.

I know...but usually when people say "East Coast" they're referring to the North-East. I wasn't really serious...i was just playin. My goodness people are easily offended.
The United States Census Bureau classifies North Carolina as a southern state in the subcategory of being one of the South Atlantic States.

This according to Wikipedia.

I was stationed in Agusta Georgia and have always thought that the Carolina's were in the South since South Carolina is easily accessed from Agusta.

But I can see where people get the impression that it's on the East Coast since it's by the Atlantic Ocean. However, I think that the dividing line is between (Durham North Carolina and Norfolk Virginia. Virginia being in the East Coast.

[ Edited by Kauaiguy on Oct 22, 2010 at 10:28:35 ]
I think they both suck but we still wont kick their asses.
But we should win.