LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 245 users in the forums

Fire Kurt Schottenheimer

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by rapid4:
12 men on the field, 9 men on the field, penalties up the wazoo. Not a good product.
Originally posted by 49Fever:
12 men on the field, 9 men on the field, penalties up the wazoo. Not a good product.

what's his job if not for counting how many men are on the field ?
there's not a lot of X and O's involved here
He's just plain stupid

Ummmm NO, his job is to maintain the flow of the game and to assign personnel for his unit. He does that pretty well all things considered. As far as I am aware this is the only game this has happened since he's been with us.

It's on Lee, Nedney, & Returners to get the head count before the snap of the Ball, or Kickoff.

Bad form on Lee for not getting everyone on. I don't know where the 12th man got on the field so I'm not going to point a finger on that one.

But Shottenheimer calls for the necessary unit and they go on. Can't blame him for our Wings having their heads buried so far up their asses they didn't hear him.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by valrod33:
How was Ginn on the returns ?

good again

he had 2 KRs and averaged 24 yards a return but he had 40 plus one that was called back on a penalty

PR he had a 20 yard return

So no Kyle Williams again I see.

I like Ginn, I wish we had a QB utilize his speed on offense.

Should known you'd attempt to make this thread a Smith thread.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by Ceadderman:

good again

he had 2 KRs and averaged 24 yards a return but he had 40 plus one that was called back on a penalty

~Ceadder

He is just sad that Alex gets a couple of more weeks for sure now. Inside he is crying.
FIRE, CUT, BENCH!

May as well just rename NT. Those three words are all anyone ever says.
Originally posted by Gavintech:
FIRE, CUT, BENCH!

May as well just rename NT. Those three words are all anyone ever says.

You left out Hate, Suck,Worst Ever.
the guy really really sucks. why did we let go of everest
Originally posted by leakyfausett:

good again

~Ceadder

He is just sad that Alex gets a couple of more weeks for sure now. Inside he is crying.

lmao More than likely.

~Ceadder
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Al Everest is a good special teams coach. Kurt Schottenheimer has ridden on his brother's coat tails in his coaching career.
Not really the coach's fault when the right players are not on the field. The players on the sideline should know when they're about to get on the field.

Originally posted by danimal:
I could do you one better.

Hire Brian Schottenheimer.

as HC

Don't ever put that past the Yorks
who cares hes just a special teams coach. not like getting the best special teams coach in the NFL is going to make us a good team
Originally posted by 49Fever:

what's his job if not for counting how many men are on the field ?
there's not a lot of X and O's involved here
He's just plain stupid

Ummmm NO, his job is to maintain the flow of the game and to assign personnel for his unit. He does that pretty well all things considered. As far as I am aware this is the only game this has happened since he's been with us.

It's on Lee, Nedney, & Returners to get the head count before the snap of the Ball, or Kickoff.

Bad form on Lee for not getting everyone on. I don't know where the 12th man got on the field so I'm not going to point a finger on that one.

But Shottenheimer calls for the necessary unit and they go on. Can't blame him for our Wings having their heads buried so far up their asses they didn't hear him.

~Ceadder

ok i'll put it this way as you don't understand my point :
he is responsible for the number of guys that are on the field during the play
doesn't he ? remember that's the responsability of a coach
if he doesn't count by himself (like some ST coach do by the way eg joe avezzano of the cowboys in the nineties) he makes sure somebody does it and does it well eg a player on the field
The player didn't do it ? the coach's responsible cos he choosed him and that's the basic of football : count the guys on the field
And it did happen not once but twice in the same game (like it's something you cannot correct during a game ... )
Man you sound like a smith fan with your excuses
And right now excuses leads to a 1-5 record
And this coaching staff is most responsible
why was everest fired again? lets see our returns last years were garbage...not his fault he can only field the players that he's given. maybe because his philosophy of coaching ST differed from sings and sing being the all experienced HC always knows best. no, i got it, it was the seattle game when all the problems came to a head with the failed reverse or double rev or whatever the h*ll it was. that happened because of a lack of communication between the HC and al, they practiced the play but weren't gonna use it or some crud like that.
it could all be in my imagination but i hope mr. everest had some pointed words with sing about coaching at least about the aspects that pertain to ST on the way out the door. now we have a coach in shott who's only saving grace is his own last name and ginn. if anybody can PLEASE answer me this how can 1 former HC and 1 soon to be former HC attempt to build a ST unit under the mantra of versatility and then promptly release the guy (ST captain) who had time at qb, db, wr, rb but mostly fb for the guy who plays busted stump

[ Edited by Allx9er on Oct 19, 2010 at 12:51:35 ]
Share 49ersWebzone