LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 291 users in the forums

Fire Kurt Schottenheimer

Shop Find 49ers gear online
12 men on the field, 9 men on the field, penalties up the wazoo. Not a good product.
I would like to know how the hell he let that happen. I've never seen such a thing.
If it continues then look into it. Its a one off game, I dont think thats happened twice in the one game. Someone will correct me if im wrong. As for other penalties the STs picked up during the Raiders game, well thats player error not coaching, im sure coach KS doesnt coach that into his players.
that wasnt his faukt it would be the players fault wouldnt it because they have certain packages where certain players go on the fiield unless for sime reason he told only 9 people to go on the field for that package it was the players fault

i think 2 people thought we were doing a FG instead of a punt
Originally posted by rapid4:
12 men on the field, 9 men on the field, penalties up the wazoo. Not a good product.

what's his job if not for counting how many men are on the field ?
there's not a lot of X and O's involved here
He's just plain stupid
I have a feeling the recent special teams signing from SD threw off the personnel packages for a week. On the bright side, he came in and made some nice plays right from the get. What is his name? Someone help me out.
It's pretty bad but wouldn't fire him yet. I expect this kind of stuff at my grandsons Junior PeeWee games, but not in the pros.
Ginn is single-handedly saving Shott's job. If we didn't have a return game, his special teams would look abysmal (more than it does now)
Singletary fires Martz, hires Raye, fires Raye.

Singletary fires Everest, hires Schottenheimmer, fires Schottenheimmer ?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
How was Ginn on the returns ?

Originally posted by susweel:

good again

he had 2 KRs and averaged 24 yards a return but he had 40 plus one that was called back on a penalty

PR he had a 20 yard return
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by valrod33:

good again

he had 2 KRs and averaged 24 yards a return but he had 40 plus one that was called back on a penalty

So no Kyle Williams again I see.

I like Ginn, I wish we had a QB utilize his speed on offense.
Originally posted by valrod33:

good again

So no Kyle Williams again I see.

I like Ginn, I wish we had a QB utilize his speed on offense.

Williams was inactive again
I don't know if Singletary should have ever hired Schottenheimer. He had not coached special teams since the mid-90's, right??

The special teams are definitely not as good this season. Ted Ginn seems to be able to help hide/mask that though.

The Niners miss Michael Robinson as a blocker and tackler on special teams.
I could do you one better.

Hire Brian Schottenheimer.

as HC
Share 49ersWebzone