There are 94 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Are you upset that we won?

Are you upset that we won?

• Axl49
  • Veteran
HELL NO i was at the game it was f**king insane man.
Originally posted by AKfanster:
Originally posted by English:
17% are upset that we won. This is not good

WOW. How can you even consider yourself a fan if you're upset that the Niners won a game? I don't care what the reason is, you don't root against your team. A win is a win is a win.

Besides, it isn't like the Niners were gonna go 0-16 and get the first pick next season. Or, if that isn't the reason for wanting the team to lose, it isn't like Sing was gonna get fired on Monday. And if he did get fired, JED WASN'T GOING TO HIRE GRUDEN. GET OVER IT.

Just be happy the Niners won a game. Also, they didn't have a turnover!

This. 1000 times this. I really can't even add anything. Just this!
Originally posted by BobS:
I doubt beating a team like the Raiders is going to keep anyone's job any longer that it would have been had they lost. The coaching was still inept as can be and other than having no turnovers Alex Smith numbers weren't that great.

Pretty much my thoughts as well. This win doesn't prohibit us from attaining a top 5-10 pick.

-9fA
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
I doubt beating a team like the Raiders is going to keep anyone's job any longer that it would have been had they lost. The coaching was still inept as can be and other than having no turnovers Alex Smith numbers weren't that great.

Pretty much my thoughts as well. This win doesn't prohibit us from attaining a top 5-10 pick.

-9fA

On this note, I for one am very afraid of what will happen if we get a top 5-10 pick. I seriously doubt Luck comes out and even if he does he'll likely be gone (Cleveland) by our pick. So what, that leaves us with Locker? I'll take Alex Smith over that guy, thanks. He reminds me of a fast/less powerful Tebow.

[ Edited by bigtony2tone on Oct 18, 2010 at 00:47:09 ]
Originally posted by bigtony2tone:

-9fA

On this note, I for one am very afraid of what will happen if we get a top 5-10 pick. I seriously doubt Luck comes out and even if he does he'll likely be gone (Cleveland) by our pick. So what, that leaves us with Locker? I'll take Alex Smith over that guy, thanks. He reminds me of a fast/less powerful Tebow.

I dunno man, but I'm pretty sure that barring some miracle, the Alex Smith experiment is done in San Francisco. Unfortunately, I can't see Singletary and Smith turning this around and going somewhere around 8-8. I think if we go 8-8, then Singletary might stay but I find that improbable.

Whoever the new HC is, will want to bring in their QB. I say we just do whatever it takes to move up and get Luck if he comes out..

-9fA
I cant believe people are upset that we won. It just goes to show more people are emotionally (disturbingly) invested on one guys (Smith, Alexander) failure than the team's success.

I'm fvcking proud of our guys today

Alex Smith - 2 TDs, 0 ints, while not totally accurate the decision making was sound.

Frank Gore - Dude finally came through today. Excellent game.

Defense - Created turn overs and we won.

I really don't understand what there is to be upset about.
Originally posted by bigtony2tone:

-9fA

I dunno man, but I'm pretty sure that barring some miracle, the Alex Smith experiment is done in San Francisco. Unfortunately, I can't see Singletary and Smith turning this around and going somewhere around 8-8. I think if we go 8-8, then Singletary might stay but I find that improbable.

Whoever the new HC is, will want to bring in their QB. I say we just do whatever it takes to move up and get Luck if he comes out..

-9fA

Well I'd have no problem with an attempt to trade up for Luck (if he comes out). But I don't want the team to tank in order to get him.

As far as Alex is concerned, I'm indifferent at this point. I see a lot of improvement from him, but the same ol' Alex is still there too. I know we have nothing better now and I don't know who'd be an improvement in free agency. I'm glad I'm not the one calling the shots on this. There's no easy way here.
lol wtf? f**k no
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Yes, because they undoubtedly cursed the Giants with their winning antics.

i loled
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
No, because we should beat the Raiders. There even worse than us.
Originally posted by servegmo:
I bet I am going to receive a warning but this has to be the stupidest post I ever seen!!!

Seriously---who the hell can call themselves a fan and be UPSET when the 49ers win?

Was it pretty? Hell no! It was about as ugly as Betty White in a thong, but I'll take 11 more ugly wins over 11 pretty losses.

Yes, this team needs a new starting quarterback and a GM and a owner and a coach too will all be on my Xmas list, but that's "wait 'til next year" stuff. Right now, I'm just relieved the 49ers weren't the first team in the NFL this season to go 0-6.

Now let's go to Carolina and make THEM the first 0-6 team of the season.
And to answer the original question, absolutely not.

-9fA
I was watching during some of our DOWN seasons and people actually wanted us to lose games against the Dolphins and Texans? I think so we could get Reggie Bush.

THAT, I could understand. We were actually OUT of it, so we had almost nothing to gain by winning, except building for the next season.

But to be upset that we won today is absurd. The franchise is actually, although the odds are against them, still fighting to make it to the playoffs.
Good point Wubbie, and while Bush has proven to be a decent enough back, I think he's a great example of what an expensive craps shoot a top 10 draft pick really is. Given the risk involved, I'll take the merely bad season and a low top 10 over the disastrous season and a high top ten.

It's just not worth the risk...or the shame.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
I cant believe people are upset that we won. It just goes to show more people are emotionally (disturbingly) invested on one guys (Smith, Alexander) failure than the team's success.

I'm fvcking proud of our guys today

Alex Smith - 2 TDs, 0 ints, while not totally accurate the decision making was sound.

Frank Gore - Dude finally came through today. Excellent game.

Defense - Created turn overs and we won.

I really don't understand what there is to be upset about.