LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 325 users in the forums

Is an upcoming roster splash pending?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
So this morning we resigned Jehuu Cualcrick to the Practice Squad, waiving Tramaine Brock, but Maiocco just tweeted that we informed Brock that we plan on re-signing him to the practice squad.

This would seem to signify one thing, an upcoming change to our active roster... here are my guesses as to some internal moves to be made.

1) Releasing Moran Norris and activating Caulcrick. This seems like such an obvious move. If so, this should have been done weeks ago as Norris simply doesn't have it anymore.

2) Activating Nate Davis. Now this move makes a ton of sense due to all the fire Smith has faced from the fanbase as of lately. Being a fan favorite player, they may do this simply because it's a popular move in dire times or he is being evaluated by another team and we want to keep him. If this is the case I would expect either...

a) releasing Troy Smith

or

b) trading David Carr to a qb thin team like the Browns or Jaguars (this would be an incredible and very logical move to make as we could likely nab a 7th rounder for a player that is no long term solution and clearly doens't have the confidence of the players or coaching staff. Not to mention he may be a bit upset over how the situation was handled last game.

Discuss....

[ Edited by 49oz2superbowl on Oct 13, 2010 at 13:58:05 ]
Besides a very late-season Nate Davis appearance (after the season is officially lost), I doubt any of this will happen. I'd bank on seeing Troy Smith before Davis, but who knows what Singletary is thinking these days.

Feel free to remind me if I'm wrong though.

[ Edited by NickSh49 on Oct 13, 2010 at 13:57:27 ]
Wow.

This is beyond absurd. None of your predictions will happen.

GUARANTEED.
None of the above.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Blake_Fever:
Wow.

This is beyond absurd. None of your predictions will happen.

GUARANTEED.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Cutting Alex Smith and elevating Nate Davis.

Smith will be benched and cut soon.
haha nevermind it looks like we are just signing him for today's practice. Don't think I've ever seen a team admittedly sign a player just as a body for one practice.

I don't understand how these predictions are absurd... especially by niner talk standards.... we are 0-5, nothing is absurd.

[ Edited by 49oz2superbowl on Oct 13, 2010 at 14:01:36 ]
Jason Hill will be cut now that Ginn is back
MaioccoCSN

Practice today started before CB Tramaine Brock cleared waivers. They needed Jehuu Caulcrick to practice today.

mattbarrows

Mystery solved: Team needed Caulcrick for today's practice, and Brock did not pass waivers by the time practice started.

END THREAD
  • PS14
  • Veteran
Maybe we will lure Steve Deberg out of retirement, he is only 56

Can you imagine the literal earthquake explosion of activity in Niner Talk if Nate Davis were to be activated from the PS.

It's nice to dream -- but I think it's just that -- a dream.

Given that we know -- clearly know -- that Dingleberry couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag despite having detailed instructions on how to do so -- I no longer believe his "Davis doesn't know the playbook" rant.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:

Cocaine is a helluva drug.
Originally posted by cableguy49ers:
Jason Hill will be cut now that Ginn is back

This makes the most sense.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by kray28:
Originally posted by susweel:

Cocaine is a helluva drug.

Its gonna happen this season, just keep watching.
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
So this morning we resigned Jehuu Cualcrick to the Practice Squad, waiving Tramaine Brock, but Maiocco just tweeted that we informed Brock that we plan on re-signing him to the practice squad.

This would seem to signify one thing, an upcoming change to our active roster... here are my guesses as to some internal moves to be made.

1) Releasing Moran Norris and activating Caulcrick. This seems like such an obvious move. If so, this should have been done weeks ago as Norris simply doesn't have it anymore.

2) Activating Nate Davis. Now this move makes a ton of sense due to all the fire Smith has faced from the fanbase as of lately. Being a fan favorite player, they may do this simply because it's a popular move in dire times or he is being evaluated by another team and we want to keep him. If this is the case I would expect either...

a) releasing Troy Smith

or

b) trading David Carr to a qb thin team like the Browns or Jaguars (this would be an incredible and very logical move to make as we could likely nab a 7th rounder for a player that is no long term solution and clearly doens't have the confidence of the players or coaching staff. Not to mention he may be a bit upset over how the situation was handled last game.

Discuss....

The bolded makes the most sense to me. When he's in, it's normally a run. On top of that, he gives it away with a huge forward lean. Unless he's a special teams guru (which he is not), he needs a handshake and a farewell speech.
Share 49ersWebzone