LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 287 users in the forums

The Future of Our Beloved Niners after 2010

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by eastie:
Originally posted by FL9er:
For those against hiring a retread coach, the same applies for GM. Anyone from the Ravens, Pats, or Steelers front office would be good.

I heard Dan Fouts on sports talk radio in L.A. this afternoon. He said that the niners are putting a package together to get the #1 draft pick and lure Harbaugh from Stanford and draft Luck.

as long as that package doesn't include Willis or VD, i'm down.

Same here....Balls of steel Jethro would have to have. Think he can/could?
Originally posted by eastie:
Originally posted by FL9er:
For those against hiring a retread coach, the same applies for GM. Anyone from the Ravens, Pats, or Steelers front office would be good.

I heard Dan Fouts on sports talk radio in L.A. this afternoon. He said that the niners are putting a package together to get the #1 draft pick and lure Harbaugh from Stanford and draft Luck.

Can you provide a link for this ? I think you are full of crap. If we win even 2 of our last 4 games, there's NO way we can trade for the # 1 overall pick, which I don't even want. I don't want Alex Smith version 2 in 2011 and beyond. I hate overpaying for a rookie who hasn't even proven himself. Plus, for us to get that pick, we would have to give up WAAAAAAAAY too much. Eg. #1 picks for the next 2 years plus. Screw that ! Even if we were planning that, how the hell would Dan Fouts know about it ?????
Originally posted by ninertico:
Administration/Coaches:
GM: Howard Roseman or Eric DeCosta
HC: Gruden
OC: Bill Musgrave
DC: Monte Kiffen (Hey, I can dream right?)

Players on Team:
Resign: Lawson, McD, Spikes, Baas and Wragge
Let walk: Goldson, Franklin, Paymah, Westbrook, Evans, A. Smith, T. Smith, Sims
Cut: Clements if he doesn't restructure, Carr

Free Agency:
QB-McNabb or Orton
DE-Kiwanuka or Hali or Avril or White
CB-Joesph or Marshall or Barber
OG-Nicks or Dahl

Draft:
1st round options in order of ranking from me:
Bowers or Clayborn--Our new 4-3 pass rushing demon
AJ Green--Sorry, but you can't pass a top three pick if he falls, likened to Moss/Johnson
Fairley or Dareus--Our new 4-3 Sapp-istic penetrating DT
Peterson or Amukamara--Our new shutdown CB
Mallett or Newton--Our new franchise QB

QB: McNabb, Davis, Rook
RB: Gore Dixon
FB: Rook
WR: Crabtree, Morgan, Ginn, Ziegler, Williams
OL: Staley-Iupati-Baas-Dahl-Davis

DL: J. Smith-RJF-Ice-Bowers
LB: Lawson-Willis-Bowman
CB: Spencer, Barber, rook, Brown, Adams
S: R. Smith, Mays, Taylor, rook

Seriously, we have some great options come the off-season. This is, but one.

I posted this a while ago on the Vet Forum.

Now that Jed is actively and publically seeking a GM and that Singletary might not be here next week, I say it's time to bring this back.

Eric DeCosta at the top of my list. And McNabb to Mentor and start a couple of seasons under the new WCO regime. I have a gut feeling that Jed and the new GM are wanting big names that can be successful like McNabb and Gruden. Heck can you imagine if Ol' Holmey get the nod and snubs Cleveland?

Anyway its Jed's turn and the time is now. No hesitation. No worries. He will get this team back. He made a mistake, will own up to it, and make sure it doesn't happen again.

It's the start...

Yet, again.
McNabb
Share 49ersWebzone