LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 309 users in the forums

The problem with our offense

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We seem to forget that the year that we had norv turner, alex was starting to show flashes that year, considering what he's done with phillip rivers I think it really hurt alex when Norv bolted for san diego.

Great original post, I agree.
Originally posted by qwestlove94:
We seem to forget that the year that we had norv turner, alex was starting to show flashes that year, considering what he's done with phillip rivers I think it really hurt alex when Norv bolted for san diego.

Great original post, I agree.

I really don't care how many yards he stacks up or late drives he makes. Just don't throw INTs or fumble the ball unless it's a backside hit.
Uugh!!! This sh*t is getting rediculous with ALL of the over-analyzation!! It is REALLY simple! DON'T TURNOVER THE BALL. Its not difficult people! We lead the league in TO's yet we are barely losing games! Can ANYONE come here and HONESTLY say that TO's aren't our biggest issue??

[ Edited by sdaddy101269 on Oct 13, 2010 at 15:47:58 ]
Originally posted by sdaddy101269:
Uugh!!! This sh*t is getting rediculous with ALL of the over-analyzation!! It is REALLY simple! DON'T TURNOVER THE BALL. Its not difficult people! We lead the league in TO's yet we are barely losing games! Can ANYONE come here and HONESTLY say that TO's aren't our biggest issue??

biggest issue is who's responsible for the majority of said turnovers? But yea, you're right. WE stop turning over the ball, we win games.
Member Milestone: This is post number 600 for sdaddy101269.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

biggest issue is who's responsible for the majority of said turnovers? But yea, you're right. WE stop turning over the ball, we win games.

What do we have like 6 fumbles and 9 ints?
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

What do we have like 6 fumbles and 9 ints?

add in Nate Clement's fumble and it is 7 fumbles and 9 Int's. 5 fumbles belong to Gore, 1 to Nate and 1 to Alex. Obviously all of the Int's are from Smith but 5 or 6 of them came off of tipped passes to Crabtree with an additional 1 or 2 from tipped passes from other players. Hold on to the ball when it comes your way and we only have 2 TO's.
Many of us posted regret at Singletary becoming the HC because another defensive minded coach was not what the team needed. Then he stated that the 9ers would play smash mouth football. Having two rookies, a new center, a young shaky gaurd did not change his plan at all. He also stated that they would not try to fool anyone. Read that as they won't try to outthink anyone.

Gore and Smith are pressing, but every game another area breaks down. Gore fumbles twice and the run D looks like pop warner.

The article showing the runs up the middle on every first down play says it all...we are going to do this and you just try to stop us...with your veterans against our rookies. There is nothing smart about this philosophy.

[ Edited by dtg_9er on Oct 13, 2010 at 16:32:04 ]
Originally posted by 49ersNoKaOi:
Wow. Very nice.

Everyone wants to overlook the bold. That means our defense isn't playing all that bad and our offense turns it on too late in the game.
Great post with some interesting stats I think that we should let Alex call his own plays because he seems to do better when he does.

Our offensive philosophy is a big reason why we are turning the ball over. When players are forced to do too much, it leads to mistakes. Constant third/2nd and longs, and a predictable passing game will lead to turnovers. For the first 4 games we tried to move up and down the field with short passes in the middle of the field while the D would clog the middle of the field, it's a recipe for disaster. Spread the field, be unpredictable, and the D will be too busy trying to figure out what's going on to create turnovers. D's take risks when they know what's coming, and know that our base O isn't a threat downfield. Also, don't forget poor route-running (coaching again), which has played a big role in at least 2 INTs.

[ Edited by binary2nd on Oct 13, 2010 at 17:29:10 ]
This has all the signs that this WILL be a A. Smith bashing thread. Not going to say anything else but LOCK.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AiNoKea:
Originally posted by Bayerrya:
Originally posted by LeftBankeNiner:
Alex is part of the problem. The O-line has two rookies on it. Did you expect them to be perfect and make no mistakes? We have a QB whose been here for six years and he still makes a lot of mistakes.

No one said be perfect. But the line is consistently letting free guys through to hit Frank and Alex. That shouldnt happen but once, twice per game but it happens once or twice a drive. At minimum. With basic line stunts.

And ill be the first to tell you Alex is part of the problem. But he isnt THE problem.

Of course Alex Smith isn't THEE problem, but he sure does contribute a lot to why we lose. I'd rather just move on with a new QB and possibly new HC.

i might agree but that qb is not on our roster
Great post.

I won't even be mad when Alex goes and plays under a coach that knows how to coach and burns us.

I think what the entire world sees -- except our coaching staff; and, that BEWILDERS ME --- that AS plays better in a more spread out formation. Not 5 WRs in hurry-up, but give him 3 WRs. I guess what I'm trying to say is stop running the ball up the f**king gut. We have no interior push! And get that SCRUB Chilo Rachal off the starting line we play 10x worse with him on it.
If we would just keep pounding the ball like we did in the 1st quarter of the Carolina game and 4th quarter of previous games we would not have to worry about teams scoring once and coming back on us! THE PERSONNEL IS TOO CAUTIOUS AND CONSERVATIVE!!
Share 49ersWebzone